• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Attack
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

According to Over the Cap, no. But they can release or trade him with no dead money and have no cap hit but nobody will trade for him for the $15.6 mil. They would have to agree a deal with him, I'd assume to get a real for a trade.
    I haven't read the stipations of the option so not sure on on that if it's possible. Got to be a time limit.

​And I'm not sure what's fair for a trade. My first thought was a 3rd but don't know if that's too low or not.
    What would be the downside to releasing MW? I agree that no team will trade for him at $15M. I wouldn't trade for him at $10M.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

If we trade MW, does his new team have to pay him his salary( $10, 15 million, whatever it is)?
      Can't imagine ANYONE throwing that kind of money at Mike.
      Now, if we could get a 4th I'd take it.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post

What would be the downside to releasing MW? I agree that no team will trade for him at $15M. I wouldn't trade for him at $10M.
        The real question is, can we release him after the draft, or are we on the hook/have dead money after a certain date? Honestly, what happens in the draft could spell the end of a number of vets on this team, depending on whether there is a cap hit or not.
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• CTrout
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

The real question is, can we release him after the draft, or are we on the hook/have dead money after a certain date? Honestly, what happens in the draft could spell the end of a number of vets on this team, depending on whether there is a cap hit or not.
          If he's on the roster at the beginning of the league year (March) his contract is guaranteed. So a decision would have to be made before the draft.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post

If he's on the roster at the beginning of the league year (March) his contract is guaranteed. So a decision would have to be made before the draft.
            Thanks!

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
              R1 P12 OT Christian Darrisaw - Virginia Tech
              R2 P44 DE Patrick Jones II - Pittsburgh
              R3 P76 RB Javonte Williams - North Carolina
              R3 P97 CB Israel Mukuamu - South Carolina
              R4 113 TE Jeremy Ruckert - Ohio State
              R5 152 OT Abraham Lucas - Washington State
              R6 190 OG Alec Lindstrom - Boston College
              R6 202 DT Carlo Kemp - Michigan
              R7 233 K Jose Borregales - Miami

If you want a 1st round OT, reach, or forever hold your peace.
              Darrisaw, Slater, Cosmi, Mayfield, Eichenberg, and Leatherwood are usually all gone before pick 44.
              LOL...it's no surprise we didn't agree on Eich vs Leatherwood...I can't stand Darrisaw...

Maybe I'm shit at evaluating olinemen....or maybe the traits I value, and the ones I think are less important, don't always line up with the norm. Darrisaw does have nice length, power...and moves well at times...but he takes plays off, and get's lazy. It's on the tape...and it is a huge red flag in my book...that's not to say the right coach and environment can't burn the (sometimes) lack of effort out of him. I still wouldn't pick him till the second, though. JMO

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post

The downside to releasing MW outright (before March 17th) is that you get nothing in return (aside from the 15.6 million more cap space).
                If you're the Chargers, you come to MW and tell him, "Look, we don't think you're worth 15.6 million. If you don't come down, we will release you and you will have to let the free market determine your value." If MW and his agent have to compete against all the other WR FA's... his leverage reduces and he may end up with a cheap contract ($5 mil). But if MW and the Chargers could find an interested partner (say, the Colts) that would love to have PR's old target back for $7.5 million (rather than resign 31 year-old TY Hilton for $11 mil... ) then you might get a 3rd rounder out of some team.

Comment

• Parcells
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Historically, players don’t tend to deliver the haul of draft picks that we fans tend to think they deserve, unless Bill O’Brien or Bobby Beathard is giving up those draft picks. I don’t see giving up a third rounder to have the right to pay Mike Williams $15.6 million.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

The downside to releasing MW outright (before March 17th) is that you get nothing in return (aside from the 15.6 million more cap space).
                    If you're the Chargers, you come to MW and tell him, "Look, we don't think you're worth 15.6 million. If you don't come down, we will release you and you will have to let the free market determine your value." If MW and his agent have to compete against all the other WR FA's... his leverage reduces and he may end up with a cheap contract ($5 mil). But if MW and the Chargers could find an interested partner (say, the Colts) that would love to have PR's old target back for $7.5 million (rather than resign 31 year-old TY Hilton for $11 mil... ) then you might get a 3rd rounder out of some team.
                    We see team needs, most draft prospects, and ideal solutions to our current issues likeminded.

Your projected contract $ amounts for prospective FA is on the exceptional low side and not likely for most.
                    Last edited by like54ninjas; 01-03-2021, 11:31 AM.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

We see team needs, most draft prospects, and ideal solutions to our current issues.

Your projected contract $ amounts for prospective FA is on the exceptional low side and not likely for most.
                      Yep, MW isn't going to sign for 5 mil lol,.... Or 7.5 mil.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Then gbye Mike.Great pick at #7 there TT SMFH

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Oklahoma
                          • Send PM

Next year will be a new regime so a new GM is needed as well I say. Telesco has had more than enough time.
                          Last edited by Leslie Grossman; 01-03-2021, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X