Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Kyle Pitts would replace both, and leave us lots of cap room.
    He's a perfect fit for Herbert too,
    whereas HH and MW were Rivers types.
    There are other guys I would release first (before HH and MW).

Hayward (maybe) saves $9.75 Mill
    Turner saves $11.5 mill
    Chris Harris $7.50 mill
    Joseph $7.5 mill

The other thing you have to remember with Pitts, is that he can't play inline TE, and is never going to be that kind of player. So, there is the additional cost, and more importantly the difficulty of finding an inline TE to fill that role in our O. He can be an outstanding weapon, but he is not ever going to be an inline TE to hold the edge blocking offtackle (outside zone).

I am not against cutting either, but since I really don't see the point in yet another year of pissing away FA money, not sure we need to, except to clear roster spots for guys to play.

MW I think would be a better TC decision. See if Guyton and Johnson are pushing it, unless we need the money for other FA on our list. But most of the vets on our list I am not feeling like we need to massively overpay to keep. Guys like Feeney, Lamp and Tevi should be brought back, but they aren't going to get starters money, at least not on this deal. Give them a couple mill per season on a short deal and a contract that voids if they make the pro bowl or PFF ranking of 85 or better. ... otherwise don't let the door hit you in the ass ....

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Turner saves $11.5 mill
      Chris Harris $7.50 mill
      Joseph $7.5 mill

The other thing you have to remember with Pitts, is that he can't play inline TE, and is never going to be that kind of player. So, there is the additional cost, and more importantly the difficulty of finding an inline TE to fill that role in our O. He can be an outstanding weapon, but he is not ever going to be an inline TE to hold the edge blocking offtackle (outside zone).

I am not against cutting either, but since I really don't see the point in yet another year of pissing away FA money, not sure we need to, except to clear roster spots for guys to play.

MW I think would be a better TC decision. See if Guyton and Johnson are pushing it, unless we need the money for other FA on our list. But most of the vets on our list I am not feeling like we need to massively overpay to keep. Guys like Feeney, Lamp and Tevi should be brought back, but they aren't going to get starters money, at least not on this deal. Give them a couple mill per season on a short deal and a contract that voids if they make the pro bowl or PFF ranking of 85 or better. ... otherwise don't let the door hit you in the ass ....
      Pitts + Virgil Green is my alternative to HH getting offers beyond our means.

$10/year for MW is palatable.

I see problems at DB. Michael Davis will cost some money...and Jenkins. Good health, better pass rush and better help over the top (yo, Nasir !) is my recipe for improved play from Hayward.

Oline...I cry uncle.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Oklahoma
        • Send PM

Certainly agree with the above. 2 of the top 4 picks need to be O Line and at least one free agent as well...and that is expecting 2 of the current free agents to be resigned for backup money with Pouncey gone and Turner cut.

One position Telesco has found contributors late is WR. Plenty of undrafted talent there and at RB.
        Look at the final QB stats for this season and it shows true again the most successful ones for the most part are the least pressured.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
          ~ Charger Fan ~
          • Sep 2018
          • Jupiter, FL
          • Send PM

D40D1E48-77FC-4501-815E-A7F302DF58A4.jpeg

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Turner saves $11.5 mill
            Chris Harris $7.50 mill
            Joseph $7.5 mill

Agree as I think Pitts is more a luxery pick and I'd like to keep HH. I'm on the fence on Turner. Good when he plays but had an injury filled season where he hasn't before.

No way of knowing but I think they extend MW Instead of playing him on the 15.6 fifth year deal. Unless MW says no, because he wants out of here and they trade him.

Guyton has inconsistent hands. Johnson hasn't had one drop that I recall. Of the two, he is the keeper imo.... If we are choosing. Still think I'd draft another WR. Move Reed to RB.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post
              Best mock so far.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree as I think Pitts is more a luxery pick and I'd like to keep HH. I'm on the fence on Turner. Good when he plays but had an injury filled season where he hasn't before.

No way of knowing but I think they extend MW Instead of playing him on the 15.6 fifth year deal. Unless MW says no, because he wants out of here and they trade him.

Guyton has inconsistent hands. Johnson hasn't had one drop that I recall. Of the two, he is the keeper imo.... If we are choosing. Still think I'd draft another WR. Move Reed to RB.
                Guyton needs to work on his hands this offseason. But he sure knows how to get open deep.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Mike Williams. 7 targets, 6 catches, 108 yards. He produces when Herbert throws his way. When he’s not 4th in the qb progressions.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

I dont remember him bein that fumbly in other games?Hopefully just an off game.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Guyton needs to work on his hands this offseason. But he sure knows how to get open deep.
                      Today, he is remember me the Jedy of DEN.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

We see team needs, most draft prospects, and ideal solutions to our current issues likeminded.

Your projected contract $ amounts for prospective FA is on the exceptional low side and not likely for most.
                        Whatever another team is willing to pay (say, $10 million)... sign and trade.
                        MW is no where near worth $15.6 million. If there are no suitors... think about what that says about MW's value... Your value (in sports) is whatever the highest bidder says. Teams with lots of cap space (and young QB) wouldn't mind giving up a 3rd or 4th for MW. Truth is, his talents are going to waste here.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Screenshot_20210103-195140.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X