• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Secondary needs help from a decent pass rush.We got Bosa up front amd thats it.TT needs to go with Lynn

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well, I checked the stats, and Perryman only has 6 PD's and 3 picks...over SIX YEARS...not too impressive in coverage...
      well, sorry to break it to you, and.... still better than Tranquill, the coverage LB.

he's also got more INTs than Vigil, albeit the all of him, Kyzir and Murray all have (much) better passes defensed stats than Denzel, and....

Perryman is a MIKE and am guessing he's got less pass coverage responsibilities than the WIL/SAM LBs ??

still surmise that his coverage skills are decent for a MIKE.... ??

and as originally stated, when I checked his (coverage stats) against Tranquill, he wasn't the worse of the two....

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        Don’t forget Wyatt Davis
        Positional value be dammed
        Oh no, I haven't forgot Wyatt Davis. Quentin Nelson is a stud - maybe a top 3 to 5 OL in the league right now. He and Zach are the best OGs for sure. I get why OT is top priority, especially LT with HErbert. But you upgrade where you upgrade. If the Chargers do not get Sewell but get a guy like Davis for the interior - thats not a bad way to build an OL - inside out. Lamp can be cheap quality depth - maybe a guy who can play OG and OT. I am VERY good with Davis.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Actually, Lamp is finally playing fairly well...Feeney, not so much--dude seems to get rag-dolled a lot...
          Neither are the caliber needed for a winning offensive line. The bar is getting set way too low. They’ve both been here a long time
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Neither are the caliber needed for a winning offensive line. The bar is getting set way too low. They’ve both been here a long time
            I agree - the bar is kind of low for the OL. Thats how bad it is. So , this is my answer in two parts - I am good bringing Feeney and Lamp back, Toner has had his moments and even see what Pip or Storm do with another year.

BUT...

I still think its imperative that 2 of the top 4 picks be OL and preferably - an OL in round 1 or at worst Round 2. So if Penei is off the board - I am good trading back for Cosmi or even Wyatt Davis. Turner might have one more year so will need a guard or Davis can just beat out Lamp.

The Chargers need better starters and they need better depth so if Lamp is like your swing OL off the bench, that seems better than current. OL needs to be a priority in this draft. Hell I think we all know what four positions should be with those first four picks in rounds 1-3
            OL x2
            CB
            Edge type rusher

And speaking of the current draft it gets an A because of Herbert but the tail end: Hill, Reed, Gilman never plays, Kelly is up and down, Murray cost an extra pick - not great for Tommy T so far.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Yep.TT reaaally needs to go already.Done with mediocrity.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I agree - the bar is kind of low for the OL. Thats how bad it is. So , this is my answer in two parts - I am good bringing Feeney and Lamp back, Toner has had his moments and even see what Pip or Storm do with another year.

BUT...

I still think its imperative that 2 of the top 4 picks be OL and preferably - an OL in round 1 or at worst Round 2. So if Penei is off the board - I am good trading back for Cosmi or even Wyatt Davis. Turner might have one more year so will need a guard or Davis can just beat out Lamp.

The Chargers need better starters and they need better depth so if Lamp is like your swing OL off the bench, that seems better than current. OL needs to be a priority in this draft. Hell I think we all know what four positions should be with those first four picks in rounds 1-3
                OL x2
                CB
                Edge type rusher

And speaking of the current draft it gets an A because of Herbert but the tail end: Hill, Reed, Gilman never plays, Kelly is up and down, Murray cost an extra pick - not great for Tommy T so far.
                I like them as backups, but I don’t want to pay them starter money and hope they aren’t starting. Is this their last year on their draft contracts?
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

His name is Christian Darrisaw.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    His name is Christian Darrisaw.
                    Nice call. He might work himself into the 1st round. I'll have to find some 2020 VT games to watch.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

looking over the FAs that I think we're going to lose and considering that eye suspect we're going to end up drafting fifth.... this is what eye got:

departing FAs: Mel, Pounce, Tyrod, Square, Addae, Feeney, Rayshawn
                      other considerations: Trai Turner, Desmond King/Chris Harris

1) LEO Gregory Rousseau * Telesco pretty much without fail fills holes, and the departure of SupaMel prolly leaves the most critical/glaring hole on the roster.
                      2) OC Creed Humphrey * am fairly certain that Dan is gonna be seeking greener pastures, and minus Mike on top of that, center is a very large need and have seen Creed mocked @the top of the second more than once.
                      3) OG Trey Smith * would be surprised to see this guy here, but for if and when so, guard is another huge need minus Trai Turner.
                      C) S Hamsah Nasirildeen * think most would agree that we need to upgrade our safety play, and got a sneakin' suspicion that Jenkins (or maybe just Jahleel) might be the odd man out, and as Nasirildeen can play both deep and in tight, to hedge the both of Derwin and Adderley.
                      4) WIL Baron Browning * if Telesco has one position that he keeps throwing mud up against the wall for, think this is it, as dude is Kenneth Murray lite from what eye can tell
                      5) CB Tyreke Johnson * think minus King and w/the age and injury concerns w/Harris, can't see team Tommy John not throwing a corner into the mix, and this guy is a steal if he comes out early.
                      6) NT Khyris Tonga * we have needed a rotational zero/one tech for awhile now, and think minus Anthony Ray, that a roster spot behind Linval will open up.
                      6) OT Landon Young * a Bulaga injury hedge and developmental backup plan in case there are any (more) delays in the Pipkins process, or if Sam fails to continue his ascent under Capt. James Campen.
                      7) RB Trey Sermon * adding some durability and pass blocking to the RB position would prolly be a good hedge to our mostly lightweight division back there.

and just for the record, these are not so much my picks, but more along the lines of what I think that team Tommy John will be looking to add w/their now nine picks.
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Nice call. He might work himself into the 1st round. I'll have to find some 2020 VT games to watch.
                        I expect Darrisaw to rise and be in play,
                        along with Cosmi,
                        should we pick ~ #10.

I hate to pass on elite defenders,
                        but we must outscore KC, LV and DEN in the AFCW.

Darrisaw is ++ run blocker.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I expect Darrisaw to rise and be in play,
                          along with Cosmi,
                          should we pick ~ #10.

I hate to pass on elite defenders,
                          but we must outscore KC, LV and DEN in the AFCW.

Darrisaw is ++ run blocker.
                          Amen.
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X