Attaouchu
    Chris Watt
    Brandon Taylor
    English
    Hester
    Buster Davis
    Cason

And the Bolt Bum Beat goes on...
    Not reaches. Most were drafted within a round of where they were ranked/drafted.
    Now did most of their on-field play, for the Bolts, justify where they were drafted? No.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

When I look at Pitts, I don't think I have ever said "because JH needs another weapon" I have said "that kid is a badass football player". However the biggest question is if TT will ever go BPA?
      He is a very talented player. But I think part of the reason Mike Williams was the pick - granted, just bloggers was "Rivers needed a WR opposite Keenan Allen."

My thing though is that Herbert needs an OL more than TE/WR/RB if going by NEED. If its a talent based pick - thats fine. I just don't want to hear "well we felt like herbert needed more weapons" while rolling out the same damn OL!

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He is a very talented player. But I think part of the reason Mike Williams was the pick - granted, just bloggers was "Rivers needed a WR opposite Keenan Allen."

My thing though is that Herbert needs an OL more than TE/WR/RB if going by NEED. If its a talent based pick - thats fine. I just don't want to hear "well we felt like herbert needed more weapons" while rolling out the same damn OL!
        MW was drafted because Rivers was so great at throwing the deep back shoulder 50-50 type of ball and needed a guy with wingspan to out leap defenders and go get the ball..... we had lost 2 big WR's prior and Rivers did not do as well with smaller receivers. Also MW kind of replaced the big red zone target that Gates was......

I love Pitts(who is a great athlete who does fill a need...Henry is only an average injury prone TE but he not elite) but I do agree that upgrading the OL is priority number one and the defense as number 2 but we do need: big every down RB, big fast TE, Big fast WR.......
        It just depends on BPA..... no reaching for Flukers and no throwing high draft choices on iffy RB's or receivers.....

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Not reaches. Most were drafted within a round of where they were ranked/drafted.
          Now did most of their on-field play, for the Bolts, justify where they were drafted? No.
          most were drafted a round ahead of where they should have gone, and many had injury histories, ....etc...... horrible choices overall...... missing that badly once in a while is one thing but Chargers miss at a very high level.......

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Im sure there are other teams lists that are as long....or longer.
            Im sure the winning teams arent.

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

MW was drafted because Rivers was so great at throwing the deep back shoulder 50-50 type of ball and needed a guy with wingspan to out leap defenders and go get the ball..... we had lost 2 big WR's prior and Rivers did not do as well with smaller receivers. Also MW kind of replaced the big red zone target that Gates was......

I love Pitts(who is a great athlete who does fill a need...Henry is only an average injury prone TE but he not elite) but I do agree that upgrading the OL is priority number one and the defense as number 2 but we do need: big every down RB, big fast TE, Big fast WR.......
              It just depends on BPA..... no reaching for Flukers and no throwing high draft choices on iffy RB's or receivers.....
              Agree. Rivers was missing a Vincent Jackson or Denario Alexander type receiver that can out muscle DBs. I miss DA, he was very good when healthy. Too bad both his knees didn’t hold up.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Let me be clear - I agree the Chargers need help at TE and could use a WR especially if MW is not back

But in order of importance - my list is: OT, Edge, IOL, CB, DT... fix Special Teams (that means a new coach, new kicker, some new gunners), than TE and WR

Granted, if Pitts or a WR - especially in teh first round is the highest rated player by far on yoru board - you take him. That means if the Chargers are picking 12 and Pitts is like 8 - of course you take Pitts. But hopefully need meets BPA in terms of a big old ugly that plays the OL.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Im sure the winning teams arent.
                  I think you will be very surprised. Go start with New England's last ten years drafts. Or Pittsburgh. Every team has misses.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Tonight, eyes are on the two UNC RBs, more interested in Javonte with his size though, and WR and PR Dazz Newsome.

And LB Chazz Suratt

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Let me be clear - I agree the Chargers need help at TE and could use a WR especially if MW is not back

But in order of importance - my list is: OT, Edge, IOL, CB, DT... fix Special Teams (that means a new coach, new kicker, some new gunners), than TE and WR

Granted, if Pitts or a WR - especially in teh first round is the highest rated player by far on yoru board - you take him. That means if the Chargers are picking 12 and Pitts is like 8 - of course you take Pitts. But hopefully need meets BPA in terms of a big old ugly that plays the OL.
                      Well...that's the issue, isn't it? I worry there won't be an oline, CB, or pass rusher worth a top 15 pick left when we are on the clock...while at the same time, we may well see Pitts, Chase, Smith, and Waddle...at least one, and probably more...maybe all 4...and these guys are all projected stars...real impact players. I don't want to pass one of these guys up to pick a Cosmi, Darrisaw, or even Eich, who I like...or any other prospects who's talent level can be found in the late first, early second round. The only way I would pass on one of those weapons is if we can trade back, get another second rounder...

Right now, at a guess, it looks like the board is gonna fall in such a way, that for us to get the best value out of our pick, we take one of those weapons...but a lot can change between now and the draft...and who knows what will happen on draft day...

I don't know what solutions can be had in FA...but if I'm a GM, and I see those dynamic players projecting to my draft position...I'm solving needs ahead of the draft, if possible, so I would have the luxury of taking a Kyle Pitts or Jaylen Waddle....
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Tonight, eyes are on the two UNC RBs, more interested in Javonte with his size though, and WR and PR Dazz Newsome.

And LB Chazz Suratt
                        Don't look like Williams or Carter are playing. Must have opted out.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X