• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Are we going to resign Mike Williams? What do you think? Sometimes I think he needs a good leader of men... a good HC to tight his screws.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Growing pains perhaps. Look at the Rams. As pointed out by ghost, their new DC took over for Wade and have done a 180 degree turn. Basicaly the same guys with an add here and there. Their defense was terrible under Wade, now a top defense in the league.

Im ALL for getting rid of Gus.
      And who is their holdover 3TECH ?
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

At top five BPA > PON.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Few things are black and white to me
          our direction is very obvious
          we have a qb that can accurately hit any part of the field given enough time and health
          That time comes with OL and weapons (and are further ahead on the weapons than Oline)
          We should absolutely start trying to out score everyone starting next year
          may not be until 2022 when we have a defense that can make us a true championship contender but to be it’s pretty obvious
          1. OL
          2. OL
          3a CB
          3B DL
          I am a guy that always takes BPA over need - but when you have needs at OL (x2), DL, edge and CB - you should be able to fill the need with a BPA type option. That said, I think the needs are like this

1> OL
          2> OL

8. CB, Edge, LB

I think getting OL squared away is such a priority that the GM should be flexibile enough with trading back as I think the cost for Sewell will be pretty high and it doesn't make sense for the Bengals or the Cowboys (both right now are ahead of the Chargers to pass on him. So trade back, get more picks - maybe you get Cosmi or Wyatt Davis - but another pick on Day 2 - so adding a third pick in round 3 - you can really hit your needs and even got BPA if a truly talent guy at a non position need is sitting there.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-draft-micah-parsons-outlook-interview

Melvin Ingram is gone. Who plays the LEO position in 2021?

I’m originally a defensive end. I’m sitting at 250 pounds right now. I can put on more weight to be a defensive end or I can drop the weight to be a linebacker, but I think that’s just part of my value. I am a true defensive end. I just have enough athletic ability and enough intellectual ability to play linebacker at a high level. So, I think, whether it’s a 3-4 or a 4-3, if you want me at outside D-end, I can really do it all. I’m willing to do it all, I just need an opportunity. - Micah Parsons

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Actually, I don't really want a replacement LEO...I don't even want to see the position on our depth chart... I am over Bradley's defense and him.

Now, would Parsons be a nice pick up with our #1? Absolutely in my clusta...
              The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                Few things are black and white to me
                our direction is very obvious
                we have a qb that can accurately hit any part of the field given enough time and health
                That time comes with OL and weapons (and are further ahead on the weapons than Oline)
                We should absolutely start trying to out score everyone starting next year
                may not be until 2022 when we have a defense that can make us a true championship contender but to be it’s pretty obvious
                1. OL
                2. OL
                3a CB
                3B DL
                I agree with a lot of what you have said here. But what should the team do if we are selecting #5 overall as we would be as of this post? The odds that Sewell is still on the board with the Bengals drafting #3 overall are pretty much zero. The next OT is rated a good 10-20 picks lower. Let's say Parsons and Surtain II are still on the board. I would say Parsons is 50/50 to be on the board at #5 overall and Surtain II is probably 95% likely to be on the board at that point.

In that scenario, Parsons is likely the BPA, Surtain II fills a lower priority need, and OTs like Cosmi and Leatherwood are rated 10-20 picks lower. Humphrey at C seems to be rated as a late first-early second round prospect.

While I do not necessarily disagree with your prioritization, if it were up to me, I would be hard-pressed to pass on Parsons if he were on the board at that point with Sewell gone.

What would you do in that scenario?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I agree with a lot of what you have said here. But what should the team do if we are selecting #5 overall as we would be as of this post? The odds that Sewell is still on the board with the Bengals drafting #3 overall are pretty much zero. The next OT is rated a good 10-20 picks lower. Let's say Parsons and Surtain II are still on the board. I would say Parsons is 50/50 to be on the board at #5 overall and Surtain II is probably 95% likely to be on the board at that point.

In that scenario, Parsons is likely the BPA, Surtain II fills a lower priority need, and OTs like Cosmi and Leatherwood are rated 10-20 picks lower. Humphrey at C seems to be rated as a late first-early second round prospect.

While I do not necessarily disagree with your prioritization, if it were up to me, I would be hard-pressed to pass on Parsons if he were on the board at that point with Sewell gone.

What would you do in that scenario?
                  Parson or trade down if he is gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Parson or trade down if he is gone
                    Well, that is what I think too.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Melvin Ingram is gone. Who plays the LEO position in 2021?
                      think Philly is gonna drop down/move up and scoop Parsons up out from under our nose @4.... Rousseau is gonna be the next top five super Charger.
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        LOL.
                        I am looking at big boards.
                        Yunno, who's going to actually be available to draft this year.
                        Shirley you cannot be saying we need to draft more Pipkins.
                        ​​​​​Campen needs more time.
                        This isn't your green and red Christmas jello setting overnight in da fridge, people.
                        The Trenchers had too much grog yesterday and last evening.

:stirpot:
                        repeat.... repeat >> Jammer @5 again, Jammer @5 again !! er.... make that J'Marr.... our next fiver.
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Given the truncated '20 NCAA season, should we go risk-reward-value or sure thing clean prospect ?
                          well the first/former* sure worked for us last year.... who is that risk-reward this go 'round ??

and besides Penei, is there a sure thing Mr. Clean @the top ??

risk/reward ?? Kwity Paye, Dylan Moses, Trey Smith, Jaylen Mayfield, Walker Little, Hamsah Nasirildeen, Daniel Faalele.... ??

safe/clean ?? Wyatt Davis, Jay Tufele ??

* albeit if 'tis true that Tom was willing to double down on Tua if JH10 was off the board.... very poor form.

edit: https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/reiding-between-the-lines-kwity-paye-dylan-moses

Comment

Working...
                          X