Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
    Holy cow...is that a weird camera angle? Cuz Brown looks like Dad taking his kids out to the park!!
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      Bosa is the blue chip Edge man on this roster...better served to pick up a gifted project in later rounds...they should contribute in rotation, and develop nicely with Joey as the Alpha/ mentor.

I like corner, but we will see who is there...dont discount Waddle...scary weapon for Herbert AND scary return man for special teams.
      I am good with Waddle or Pitts if they are ranked top 8/9 on the board and with the Chargers picking 13 - that is VERY good value especially if the next highest on your board is like 12

But if the top two players on your board are pretty close in value meaning like 9 and 10 - think you have to go need. And NEED this offseason is OT, Edge and CB.

Comment

• Silversurfer
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Los Angeles
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am good with Waddle or Pitts if they are ranked top 8/9 on the board and with the Chargers picking 13 - that is VERY good value especially if the next highest on your board is like 12

But if the top two players on your board are pretty close in value meaning like 9 and 10 - think you have to go need. And NEED this offseason is OT, Edge and CB.
        I would love to keep H.H even if we draft Pitts. Just feel him and JH have a good connection that will only get better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

I would love to keep H.H even if we draft Pitts. Just feel him and JH have a good connection that will only get better.
          Hunter is a player I want to keep. I don't know what a good contract is but I think he needs to be kept

Mike Williams at 15.6m - for sure no. At a lower rate - thats even questionable to me.

Hunter, Davis, and two of these three (Feeney, Lamp, Tevi)- are on my bring back list
          Rayshawn and PErryman - I think I let the market play itself out
          Mike Williams - probably I rescind the offer and see what the market says

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Depending on FA'cy of course but imma say it....we arent drafting a WR or TE in the first round and IF they do, my bet is Bateman over the smaller guys(Smith 174 lbs, Waddle 180 lbs) None of our current WRs are under 190(Johnson is lightest @ 193)

Now if Henry isnt resigned which i think is a gimme, and if MW isnt here, then good possibility Pitts is in play but i think both will be here.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

I just did another mock and Pitts was there again at 13.....so I said yes....again. It would not make me sad to have him and HH on the roster. What a nightmare for any LB or DB corps to defend. Herbert would be a happy boy.......

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                I just did another mock and Pitts was there again at 13.....so I said yes....again. It would not make me sad to have him and HH on the roster. What a nightmare for any LB or DB corps to defend. Herbert would be a happy boy.......
                agree..... nothing wrong with having 2 good TE's....... all depends on how picks fall......

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

My problem with Pitts or WR in the first round is that pushes down a round a real position of need. Pitts and Henry would be quite the combo. But I like the idea of an OL like the Cowboys from a few years ago or the Colts this year. Top 3 in the league. Granted, at this point I would take 15-18 for both OL and ST.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

My problem with Pitts or WR in the first round is that pushes down a round a real position of need. Pitts and Henry would be quite the combo. But I like the idea of an OL like the Cowboys from a few years ago or the Colts this year. Top 3 in the league. Granted, at this point I would take 15-18 for both OL and ST.
                    Check my mock in the draft section. Pitts, 3OL and 3 DL plus some decent bodies for camp.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Check my mock in the draft section. Pitts, 3OL and 3 DL plus some decent bodies for camp.
                      okay - if you can get three OL and DL - Pitts works for me!!

As I agree, you cannot reach in the first round when the best players are there. In the 5th its fine to go for need unless somebody really drops but in the first, really just trust your board and if the talent gap is there - take the talent.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

okay - if you can get three OL and DL - Pitts works for me!!

As I agree, you cannot reach in the first round when the best players are there. In the 5th its fine to go for need unless somebody really drops but in the first, really just trust your board and if the talent gap is there - take the talent.
                        So, if one of the top QB's are there grab him. Stack them up - 4/5 great QB's, never mind your needs! Take the bpa regardless?
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Dropping this here in addition to the roster build thread....

After completing my season review, here is my current I’m the GM roster build.
                          Get out of the way TT/Johnboy.

LEGEND
                          (R) = rookie
                          (TC) = team captain
                          (M) = million
                          (G) = guaranteed
                          (SB) = signing bonus
                          (CH) = 2021 cap hit

Key Cuts / Trades
                          Casey Hayward ($8.75) - traded to Jags for pick 152 (round 5)
                          Trai Turner ($11.5)
                          Chris Harris Jr. ($11.25)

Key Unrestricted FA Lost
                          SupaMel ($16.65)
                          Mike Pouncey ($7.25)
                          Tyrod Taylor ($7.5)
                          VIrgil Green ($3.5)
                          Denzel Perryman ($7.5)
                          DSquare ($1.187)

Key Players Resigned / Contracts Restructured
                          Michael Davis - 5yr - ($60M)/$30G/$20SB/$7CH
                          Mike Williams - 4yr - ($44M)/$24G/$16SB/$7CH
                          Hunter Henry - 4yr -($40M)/$22G/$14SB/$6CH
                          Rayshawn Jenkins - 4yr - ($30M)/$16G/$12SB/$5CH
                          Sam Tevi - 2yr - ($9M)/$5G/$4SB/$3CH
                          Dan Feeney - 2yr - ($8M)/$4G/3SB/$3CH
                          Nick Vigil - 2yr - ($7M)/$3G/$2SB/$3CH
                          Iaasc Rochell - 1yr - ($2M)/$1.5G/$1SB/$1.5CH
                          Linval Joseph - 2yr - ($14M)/$11G/$8SB/$6CH

I resigned Tevi and Feeney because they graded out higher than Lamp in 2020. Both have significant starting experience. Ideally we drive them to backup depth.

* All RFA & ERFA will be resigned.

FA TARGETS
                          Dalvin Tomlinson (DT) - 5yr - ($60M)/$30G/$20SB/$8CH
                          Ted Karras (OC) - 4yr - ($36M)/$21G/$14SB/$6CH
                          Darqueze Dennard (CB) - 2yr - ($10M)/$6G/$4SB/$3CH
                          Fabian Moreau (CB) - 2yr - ($7M)/$3G/$3SB/$2,5CH

TOTAL 2021 Cap Space Used
                          $181,000,000.00 Projected
                          $162,865,000.00 USED
                          $18,135,000.00 Unused

I don’t expect a ton of FA spending with the reduction in projected cap space. A concentration in retaining our own and a few strategic targeted signings. After veterans get cut for cap space, it will be a buyers market for a final piece or two.

This would include the 2021 draft of.......

1) CALEB FARLEY - CB - VT - RJR - 6’2” / 207#
                          — #1 CB omb, fast, insane acceleration, elite ball skills, only 3 yrs as CB (former QB)
                          Why = PON, we need to be able to play M2M
                          2) WALKER LITTLE - OT - STAN - SR - 6’7” / 320#
                          — Big, physical, high football IQ, strong, powerful people mover, excellent footwork, hand placement needs consistency
                          Why = PON. Enough said. 1st round talent that slips because of COVID pandemic/opted out
                          3A) ALIM MCNEILL - DT - NCST - JR - 6’2” / 320#
                          — Finisher, plays in opponents backfield, monster strong @ POA, amazing flexibility to get skinny, uproot opponents and collapses pocket
                          Why = Improve run D, collapses pocket, plays w/aggressive edge, makes us a more physical team
                          3B) ALARIC JACKSON - OT/OG - IOWA - RSR - 6’6” / 315# - (TC)
                          — Mauler with good feet, understands/uses great angles, serves pancakes in stacks, excellent length/uses it, nasty/drives opponents into the grass, plays thru whistle, needs time @ OG before sliding out to OT in year 3/4
                          Why = PON, see him as our ORG, ability to anchor which holds pocket depth, uproots defenders in run game.
                          4) JORDAN SMITH - DE - UAB - RJR - 6’7” / 255#
                          — Finisher, plays in opponents backfield, strong @ POA, amazing flexibility and bend, length for days, can be a ST ace
                          Why = PON, Freak athlete, plays run/pass equally well, produces pressure consistently, steal this late
                          5A) RHAMONDRE STEVENSON - RB - OKU - SR - 6’ / 246#
                          — Power, vision, dynamic cutting ability, physical runner with 4.5 speed, ST Ace
                          Why = Need a bruising bigger RB, helps that he has vision/sweet footwork/dynamic cutting ability, excellent in passpro, good hands, ST help
                          5B) CHARLES SNOWDEN - EDGE/LB - UVA - SR - 6’7” / 245# - (TC)
                          — Smart, athletic , hard nosed football player. Shows flashes of brilliance in passrush and coverage, huge upside, year 2/3 before see full potential
                          Why = Major jumps from Sophomore to Senior campaigns, depth, huge upside as a pass rusher, ST help
                          6A) DIVINE DEABLO - DS/DLB - VT - RSR - 6’3” / 225# - (TC)
                          — Big, physical playmaker, added coverage chops for 3rd down, incredible H/W/S package, position flexibility, ST Ace
                          Why = depth, position versatility, ST help
                          6B) SADARIUS HUTCHERSON - OG - SC - RSR - 6’4” / 320# - (TC)
                          — Physical beast, possesses solid punch/hand technique in both run/pass games, experience at both OG spots and OLT
                          Why = PON. depth, physical bull with decent feet and solid technique
                          7) MIKE STRACHAN - WR - CHARLESTON (WV) - SR - 6’5” / 225# - (TC)
                          — NFL bloodline, high football IQ, huge catch radius, SPEED (Olympic caliber sprinter), physical, very raw, ST Ace
                          Why = Monster upside, speed/size combo, hard worker, ST help

Possible UDFA Targets -
                          Conner Olson (OC/OG) - UMN - RSR - 6’5” / 310#
                          Spencer Brown (RB) UAB - SR - 6’ / 220#, Garret Wallow (LB) TCU - SR - 6’2” / 230#,
                          Josh Imatorbhebhe (WR) UIL/USC - RSR - 6’2” / 215#, Zyon McCollum (CB) SHSU - SR - 6’4” / 195#
                          Zach Davidson (TE/P) UCM - RSR - 6’7” / 245#, Luke Farrell (TE) OHST - RSR - 6’6” / 250#
                          Qwynnterrio Cole (DS/DLB) ASU - SR - 6’3” / 200#, Grant Hermanns (OT) PUR - RSR - 6’7” / 310#,
                          Lorenzo Neal Jr. (DT) PUR - RSR - 6’3” / 325#, Shawn Davis (DS) UFL - SR - 5’11” / 190#
                          Caleb Huntley (RB) BSU - SR - 5’10” / 230#, Kenny Deng (LB/EDGE) CAL - RSR - 6’6” / 250#
                          Blake Hayes (P) UIL - SR - 6’6” / 215#, Riley Patterson (K) MEM - SR - 6’ / 190#
                          Michael Pitts (EDGE) UC - RSR - 6’4” / 250#, Zac Thomas (QB) APST - RSR - 6’1” / 210#

* Projected 53-Man Roster

OFFENSE (25)
                          QB - JH10, Easton Stick
                          RB - Austin Ekeler, Rhamondre Stevenson - (R), Joshua Kelly, Joe Reed
                          FB/HB - Gabe Nabers
                          WR - Keenan Allen, MikeDub, Jaylen Guyton, T. Johnson, J.K. Hill, Mike Strachan - (R)
                          TE - Hunter Henry, Donald Parham, Stephen Anderson
                          OT - Bryan Bulaga, Sam Tevi, Trey Pipkins, Walker Little - (R)
                          OG - Dan Feeney, Alaric Jackson - (R), Sadarius Hutcherson - (R)
                          OC - Ted Karras, Scott Quessenberry

Projected Starters Offense
                          QB - Justin Herbert
                          SKILL - Austin Ekeler, Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Jalen Guyton, Hunter Henry
                          OLINE - Walker Little - (R), Dan Feeney, Ted Karras, Alaric Jackson - (R), Bryan Bulaga

DEFENSE (25)
                          DL - Linval Joseph, Dalvin Tomlinson, Justin Jones, Alim McNeill - (R), Jerry Tillery, Joey Bosa, Isaac Rochell, Jordan Smith - (R)
                          EDGE/LB - Uchenna Nwosu, Charles Snowden - (R), Emeke Egbule
                          LB - Kenneth Murray, Drue Tranquill, Kyzir White, Nick Vigil
                          DB - Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins, Nasir Adderley, Mike Davis, Darqueze Dennard, Fabian Moreau, Caleb Farley - (R), Divine Deablo - (R), Alohi Gilman, Zyon McCollum - (R)

Projected Starters Defense
                          DLINE - Joey Bosa, Dalvin Tomlinson, Linval Joseph, Jordan Smith - (R)
                          LINEBACKERS - Kenneth Murray, Drue Tranquill
                          DBACKS - Mike Davis, Caleb Farley - (R), Fabian Moreau, Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins

PK - Mike Badgeley
                          PUNT - Blake Hayes - (R)
                          LS - Cole Mazza
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...