• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
    If the obvious, as stated above transpires, just take BPA, AVG. Guarantee your franchise a plug and play, versatile offensive linemen, say thank you very much and move on. I’m really more intrigued who will be there in the 2nd. defensively? Could see a trade up to address CB, OLB or DL. So much depends on free agency, the right acquisitions are coming I believe to supplement the OL, Secondary and Pass Rush.
    would rather take bpa @13.... Eric Stokes

guessin' TT is gonna do what he did last go 'round.... draft one of the three QBs (he got lucky he wasn't left w/Tua), and.... take one of the three best CBs outta Surtain, Farley 'n Stokes.
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I never understood the intrigue of Tua. Liked JH better but, admittedly, wanted one of the OTs in last year’s draft. Specifically Wirfs. Glad to be wrong about Herbert tho.

I like Lawrence in this year’s draft, but I think the rest are overrated. I think Burrow and Herbert’s success has made every QB-needy team extra horny for a QB on a rookie deal.
      coulda used the support last year.... was a Wirfsman all the way, and....

great selection by team Tommy John,
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        Brugler's IOL ranking.
        Trey Smith is 100 percent BOOM for me, and (still) like Myers @the OC as well.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I wouldn’t over-romanticize that group, they didn’t win a thing. Hardwick was steady as a snapper and line captain but so-so blocking. We only look back with appreciation because almost every center since has been flat out awful. but thats not the bar to shoot for. McNeil and Dielman were a superior left side, the rest were average journeymen and the right side varied from year to year as a result.

We just havent had even average in so long, we miss average. We haven’t had close to average, we couldn’t even see average standing on our tippee toes, We don’t break out of the bottom quintile (thats worst six teams for the English majors).

Come to think of it, TT sucks.
          have said it before, and.... Trey Smith is our Marcus McNeil 2.0

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Listening to Telesco today it sure don't sound like he is thinking of trading MW. Seems he is pretty happy to have him.
            I expect an extension..
            think he gets MG3 monies.... $10m/year

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
              Did you know that the 2006 Chargers OL had not a 1st round pick ?

LT : 2nd round
              LG : undrafted
              C : 3rd
              RG : 3rd
              RT : 7th

That was the best OL I ever seen in 40 years !
              LT was a great RB but not so much without that line.
              round 2 * Trey Smith
              round 3 * Josh Myers
              round 7 * Foster Sarell

RG & LG found in FA

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                Did you know that the 2006 Chargers OL had not a 1st round pick ?

LT : 2nd round
                LG : undrafted
                C : 3rd
                RG : 3rd
                RT : 7th

That was the best OL I ever seen in 40 years !
                LT was a great RB but not so much without that line.
                Cowboys O-line in the 90s was the best O-line of the last 40 years and probably of all time.

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If you read Bruglers comments on every prospect, it seems the better player is Cosmi over Eichenberg. He called Eich a B level NFL starter and called Cosmi a solid NFL starter yet he ranked him 6th.

Not sure why Eich is ranked over him. I think Cosmi is the better player too and No i wouldnt pick Eichenberger or Cosmi with #13. I think Eich could possibly make it to our second round pick.
                  Taking a closer look between the two and finding red flags...for me at least:

Cosmi: Dude was 260# in 2017. Not sure what his real weight is now but asking the guy to put on 60# total to get to 320# for his 6-7 height is a tall order. How would that affect his athleticism? For reference Eich was 294# back in 2017 and he's 6-6.

Eich: Dude is not a freak athlete despite not giving up sacks. Even worse, he had Matthew McConaughey hair and later decided to get buzz cut = demagnetizing yourself as a chick magnet. Had our scouts not learned from the whole Manti Teo Hoax incident?....at Notre freakin' Dame as well. That said, this is the type of dude the Pats will draft btw.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

The Chargers 2006 OL was the best I seen in 40 years in San Diego.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Cosmi: Dude was 260# in 2017. Not sure what his real weight is now but asking the guy to put on 60# total to get to 320# for his 6-7 height is a tall order. How would that affect his athleticism? For reference Eich was 294# back in 2017 and he's 6-6.

Eich: Dude is not a freak athlete despite not giving up sacks. Even worse, he had Matthew McConaughey hair and later decided to get buzz cut = demagnetizing yourself as a chick magnet. Had our scouts not learned from the whole Manti Teo Hoax incident?....at Notre freakin' Dame as well. That said, this is the type of dude the Pats will draft btw.

whoa. I agree, any dude with luscious McConaughey hair that intentionally buzzes it off lacks a minimum mental capacity and/or stability. The obvious link to Teo’s Catfish cannot be under-assumed.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Sewell is the only OL prospect I would spend #13 on.
                        And he simply won't be there.
                        They would have to move up to get him.
                        He is worth making a move for.

I don't see Slater as a OT at NFL level.
                        ​​​​​​What make people so excited about Slater, imo is his agility, technique and awareness. He should be very good guard in zone blocking. But he seems to lack sand in his pants to anchor well. Going against NFL level players and coaches will attack that weakness. At least that is what I would do against him on pass downs. I would ask my D-Line to not get fancy with moves with him because he can handle that. I would just say get into his chest and bully him backwards. Wear him out and then get into your bag of moves here or there.

With Sewell-OT, I can't bully him. He will bully my guy. And Sewell is agile enough to swat away your finesse moves.

So to me it's Sewell in a class of his own.
                        And then the rest of these guys.

Darrisaw won't get bully but he seem to lack some awareness and I am wondering what he is seeing. If your going to zone block in run game you need to see things well. And in pass blocking you need to be able to indentify blitz and stunts and pick up your guy.

Anyways I'm only sold on Sewell with that 1st rd pick.

I am looking at CB, DL, LB or a skill player on offense with pick #13.

I'd rather address some oline needs with some durable veteran free agents who have proven that can be solid starters in the NFL. And not use the #13 trying to patch up o-line.

In Rd2-4 if Oline is BPA at one of those picks.
                        Then grab that player.
                        Rd 5-7 and udfa add competition if you like a prospect.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

No way i draft Cosmi. It didn't take me long to see a Dlineman on a bull rush lift him off his base.
                          He needs to get a lot stronger and that might take 2-4 years of getting very little out of him.

Comment

Working...
                          X