• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Suck for Sewell is becoming a reality.
    Imagine we're picking somewhere between 3rd and 5th overall...TT panics and trades away 3 high draft picks just to move up a few slots for Sewell...and we have so many holes to fill...

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Imagine we're picking somewhere between 3rd and 5th overall...TT panics and trades away 3 high draft picks just to move up a few slots for Sewell...and we have so many holes to fill...
      TT's pattern seems to be to just sit and take BPA at whatever spot we have. Last year he did trade up for Murray. It would be interesting to know if that was done just because Lynn wanted him so bad? or if TT also had him so highly rated that we had to make that move?

Alot will depend on how we finish this year, which coaches get canned if any? and how FA plays out?

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

TT's pattern seems to be to just sit and take BPA at whatever spot we have. Last year he did trade up for Murray. It would be interesting to know if that was done just because Lynn wanted him so bad? or if TT also had him so highly rated that we had to make that move?

Alot will depend on how we finish this year, which coaches get canned if any? and how FA plays out?
        In recent years, true, he has gone BPA...but remember:

1. In 2013, TT used a 4th rounder to move up for Manti Teo--seen by many as a bust, and an injury bust and a waste of an extra pick
        2. in 2014, TT used another 4th rounder to move up for Jerry Attaouchu--seen by many as a bust and a waste of an extra pick
        3. In 2015, TT used a 4th and a 2015 5th rounder to move up for Melvin Gordon--seen by many as giving up a lot for a running back who did produce at times, but lacked vision and was easily tackled frequently. He ultimately stabbed the Bolts in the back with his ill-advised holdout

Three trade-ups, not much upside, and all those wasted draft picks...

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

And one year TT got like 3 players (one that I remember was CB pierre desir) for almost nothing that were former 4th rounders so that kind of makes up for those missing 4ths

kinda
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            And one year TT got like 3 players (one that I remember was CB pierre desir) for almost nothing that were former 4th rounders so that kind of makes up for those missing 4ths

kinda
            Your sig? End the Lynn-Sanity now? I'm not 100% there yet, but that is some funny shit right there....:lmao:
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Tlllery was BPA? Not in my book.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                Tlllery was BPA? Not in my book.
                When they drafted Tillery, TT claimed at the time that he was the "only" player left with a first-round grade on him...

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

When they drafted Tillery, TT claimed at the time that he was the "only" player left with a first-round grade on him...
                  Tillery has been my guy since we drafted him so I’m incredibly biased
                  but I still think the inconsistencies speak more about the defense and gus than the player himself.
                  To me it’s a no brainer to keep JT through an affordable 5th year and make a decision then
                  hopefully Gus is long gone by then and we have some film on JT with a new coordinator
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Tillery has been my guy since we drafted him so I’m incredibly biased
                    but I still think the inconsistencies speak more about the defense and gus than the player himself.
                    To me it’s a no brainer to keep JT through an affordable 5th year and make a decision then
                    hopefully Gus is long gone by then and we have some film on JT with a new coordinator
                    I'd like to see how well Tillery does under another DC...

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

I'd like to see how well Tillery does under another DC...
                      agree, as well as the rest of our players... I dont think our players are anywhere near as bad as they look under gus....every week....

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Lamp has shown at least some improvement...and durability...so far...
                        This is really Lamp's first active year. Lots of team drills was his NFL experience up to this year.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

hard to fill holes with bad draft picks.

Comment

Working...
                          X