• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We'll see. Your reason #3 makes the most sense to me so that may be a good reason to take a chance.

I don't see any way that Mills is a first round pick. No way he should even go ahead of Trask.

Some teams are gonna be disappointed again lol. But today's NFL wuss rules do it easier than ever for QBs now.

Hec I hope Denver drafts Mills in round two which I think is a reach. Don't think he is going to be a very good NFL QB.

Lance, while he may be better than Love,... I don't care for him either in round 1.
    Love,... I said last year was a 3rd rounder at best so I haven't heard anything but wouldn't be surprised if that's the word on him. Those are my predictions.

I just hope teams get desperate as it only helps us.
    I hear ya (except for the Trask part—he does not have an NFL arm).

But if I’ve learned anything from recent draft history, it’s that talent and selection # don’t need to match when it comes to the QB position. Daniel Jones? Dwayne Haskins? Teams reach for QBs. It’s what they do.

It doesn’t surprise me anymore.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

What usually makes a Cb be viewed so high in the draft is the ability to play man to man coverage, and the speed that it takes. However, Staley and Fanzio's scheme is mostly a zone scheme. DB need to be able to run somewhat, but you don't need the ideal man to man coverage ability or speed. A great many teams have gotten good zone corners and S a lot later in the draft.

Ramsey is a good example of how we can mix in a man to man coverage player, but it's not an essential element.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        What usually makes a Cb be viewed so high in the draft is the ability to play man to man coverage, and the speed that it takes. However, Staley and Fanzio's scheme is mostly a zone scheme. DB need to be able to run somewhat, but you don't need the ideal man to man coverage ability or speed. A great many teams have gotten good zone corners and S a lot later in the draft.

Ramsey is a good example of how we can mix in a man to man coverage player, but it's not an essential element.
        Isn’t Ramsey a good example of the 5th pick in the draft?
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

spitball mock draft....

01) Jax * QB Trevor Lawrence * yawn
          02) Jets * TE Kyle Pitts * Atlanta should trade up here…. would cost ‘em both of their day two pix
          03) SF * QB Zach Wilson * said it more than once that Lynch was gonna make a run @Wilson for the if and when he could…. double whammy when Farley’s medicals confirmed the cause for concern
          04) Atlanta * LB Micah Parsons * if they can overdraft Deion Jones, they can certainly overdraft Parsons
          05) Cincy * WR Jaylen Waddle * for Joe
          06) Miami * WR J’Marr Chase * for Tua
          07) Lions * QB Justin Fields * does anyone really think Goff is the longterm answer in the Motor City
          08) Carolina * QB Trey Lance * gonna see how much game there is to Mr. Joe Brady if so
          09) Denver * OT Penei Sewell * Farley’s medicals (not too mention Mr. Kyle Fuller) pretty much ensure this as a Sewell certainty
          10) Dallas * CB Patrick Surtain * just think he’s a match here
          11) Giants * WR DeVonta Smith * Daniel Jones needs help
          12) Philly * CB Jaycee Horn * albeit word on the street is that their GM has an aversion to CBs early
          13) LAC * LT Christian Darrisaw * unless we up and sign Villanueva, or even more unlikely, up and trade down despite the ghost of Polamalu, just don’t see the merits in going Slater or AVT

….wouldn’t be surprised to see Barmore a Vike and Mac a Pat.
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Isn’t Ramsey a good example of the 5th pick in the draft?
            yes, but so what.

We can play the Staley defense without him.

Ramsey is a luxury for the Rams. The D will run just fine without someone like him.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

personally am looking for a trade down, coz there are five guys eye want in the first 97.... Stokes, Daviyon, Trey Smith, Josh Myers, Hamsah Nasirildeen.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
                • Jun 2013
                • Palm Springs
                • I know nothing
                • Send PM

If they were thinking this way why did they dump Casey Hayward?

Comment

• Parcells
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 8/6/1960 View Post

If they were thinking this way why did they dump Casey Hayward?
                  Hayward might still be brought back, but he wasn’t worth the money he was due based on last year’s regression. It’s reasonable to assume he’ll only drop off further.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Don't know what to say but I somewhat agree with Swami Simms...He has Surtain as the #3 CB because he doesn't have elite speed. Horn Doesn't even register in his top 6 CBs. He has Campbell as the #2 CB behind Farely. Question is how bad is Farely's back and if he didn't play this past season why didn't he fix his back six months ago? Anyway fun video for CBs and safeties....

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                      Don't know what to say but I somewhat agree with Swami Simms...He has Surtain as the #3 CB because he doesn't have elite speed. Horn Doesn't even register in his top 6 CBs. He has Campbell as the #2 CB behind Farely. Question is how bad is Farely's back and if he didn't play this past season why didn't he fix his back six months ago? Anyway fun video for CBs and safeties....

Lol, Surtain is a lot faster than Sherman and Hayward who were All Pros. Surtain ran a 4.42. Gonna call bullshit on Sims for this. I'd still draft Horn over Campbell.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

There is officially a theme here
                        instincts vs athleticism
                        I have a feeling Staley will see it my way and bang the table for the best athletes over the most instinctual
                        Maybe less so with some positions but overall I expect top tier athletes being prioritized in both O and D

we shall see
                        2024: Far From Over

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

yes, but so what.

We can play the Staley defense without him.

Ramsey is a luxury for the Rams. The D will run just fine without someone like him.
                          Nothing. I misread your example. Mybad. I don’t believe great man corners will ever go out ot style, personally. They give DCs added options
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X