Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Thanks 21,

I haven't watched any Johnson... nice player! The safety class is deep.
    Johnson is one of my recent watches a couple weeks ago. I like him. Isn't a blazer but he ran something like a 4.57. More quick than fast.
    Had a great game against Ohio St. Two INT's and a sack where he ran over Master Teague to get there. Just another solid safety added to the list.

John Johnson ran a 4.6 and did well in Staley's defense. I like Jamar in the 4th but would be great if we can get him in the 5th... But may not chance it.
    So a 4 maybe 5th round and draft sites have him lower than that. Not buying that but some players will fall is why I say maybe 5th.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-04-2021, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Johnson is one of my recent watches a couple weeks ago. I like him. Isn't a blazer but he ran something like a 4.57. More quick than fast.
      Had a great game against Ohio St. Two INT's and a sack where he ran over Master Teague to get there. Just another solid safety added to the list.

John Johnson ran a 4.6 and did well in Staley's defense. I like Jamar in the 4th but would be great if we can get him in the 5th... But may not chance it.
      So a 4 maybe 5th round and draft sites have him lower than that. Not buying that but some players will fall is why I say maybe 5th.
      Round 3-5.
      Jamar is a terrific prospect. Instincts, high football IQ, ballskills, DAWG mentality, and a great tackler.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• DragonIce
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2021
        • Arizona
        • Send PM

So weary of the trade-up talk for Sewell. Stop the nonsense! When do tackles lead to championships? The absence of a quality tackle absolutely can sabotage a championship run, but a "star" tackle? It's not even a (meaningful) thing.

Tackles are vital support/role players, but emphatically not worth sabotaging your draft to acquire.

You need average and above average lineman...with DEPTH. But the difference between a #1 NFL tackle and a top 12 NFL tackle will absolutely not move the needle in wins/losses. In 99.8% of cases...not AT ALL.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post
          So weary of the trade-up talk for Sewell. Stop the nonsense! When do tackles lead to championships? The absence of a quality tackle absolutely can sabotage a championship run, but a "star" tackle? It's not even a (meaningful) thing.

Tackles are vital support/role players, but emphatically not worth sabotaging your draft to acquire.

You need average and above average lineman...with DEPTH. But the difference between a #1 NFL tackle and a top 12 NFL tackle will absolutely not move the needle in wins/losses. In 99.8% of cases...not AT ALL.
          Ask KC how important offensive tackles are...
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Or the lack thereof in big games........

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Thanks 21,

I haven't watched any Johnson... nice player! The safety class is deep.
              I like Jamar Johnson too. But I’ll tell you right now it won’t happen. Spanos will veto the pick. It’s because of Jamar’s off-field incident. Can’t say I agree, but it’s the way it’ll be.
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

In many ways the greatest show on turf was enabled by Orlando Pace and the OL.
                Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

I agree completely with this post.
                  In fact, it's exactly what I've been preaching.
                  ​​​In a world of Fluker flashbacks and platitudes,
                  we still have to strive to make the correct judgement calls on a case by case basis.
                  I am bummed that Roderick Johnson just resigned with HOU--wanted him for LAC.
                  You don't know who that is, do you ?
                  The search for mid round OL value will continue...
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

History tries to be a good teacher, but some folks are poor students...how have our mid to late round oline picks performed? Why do some people always insist we can get away with mid round bargains to build a good oline? Why do people in this forum undervalue the oline?

What is a franchise LT in this league worth? Try to find one loose in FA...a unicorn. Trent Williams, on the north side of 30, lands a 20+mil a year contract...and there were multiple suitors. Trade for one? No team will part with that prize for less than a couple of first rounders, or a first and a basket of other picks...

Ninja proposes a ransom...not sure I would go that far...but a second and a mid or late rounder, for a prospect like Sewell? That's a top 5 pick in any other draft, that isn't loaded with QBs, a possible 5 taken in the first 10 picks...that's a "bargain" folks...

Some people just can't bear to be separated from their picks....I'll take quality over quantity any day.

Hell, I'm pretty open minded at 13...I think whatever we do, we will be fine...standing pat and getting a good player makes sense too...but I'm not gonna blast a trade up, just because I'll have to twiddle my thumbs a bit on day 2...not when I get a guy like Sewell on the left side.
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Your evidence and reasoning behind your bold idiotic assertion? Pulling the notion out of thin air or just your ass?

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

In many ways the greatest show on turf was enabled by Orlando Pace and the OL.
                        Same with any really good team -- besides QB its OL. Fouts and Air Coryell; the year Tomlinson was MVP - both had good to very good Olines

Telesco needs to find LT in this draft. If that is Darrisaw at 13 - so be it. Might be a "reach" but probably not the reach that Fluker was.

I know CB is a big time need but its not like the need for LT and really solidifying the OLine.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I agree completely with this post.
                          In fact, it's exactly what I've been preaching.
                          ​​​In a world of Fluker flashbacks and platitudes,
                          we still have to strive to make the correct judgement calls on a case by case basis.
                          I am bummed that Roderick Johnson just resigned with HOU--wanted him for LAC.
                          You don't know who that is, do you ?
                          The search for mid round OL value will continue...
                          Our continued failure at assembling a quality OL will be a constant reminder of our missteps to address the issues when presented opportunity.
                          Is this the draft where we finally address the glaring roster hole with a premier talent?
                          Do we try another project prospect?
                          Do we invest a high pick in an OT prospect that can be our starting OLT from day 1 or wait yet again?

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X