• Show
Clear All
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

Aside from the medical stuff on Farley I still don’t see him as the best pick for CB in Staley’s D. He wants an aggressive man coverage type. Maybe Farley can get there but he definitely has the least experience with it out of the top 3 CBs. Horn would be the ideal match based off of Staley’s description of his desired CBs.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

You cannot intimidate or insult me into not posting my football takes.

It is ludicrous to pigeonhole the Chargers into drafting certain positions at certain early spots,
      and yet a lot of people are doing exactly that.

Use draft capital wisely.

The job of fine tuning our ranking of talent level, fit and impact, especially for our early picks, is not completed.

Frankly it is hit or miss around here, as TPB tries to figure out our defensive needs...lol...go heavy back seven.

And I look for blowhardism to increase at TPB in the next 15 days too...back to the woodLab.

Get ready for leaks on the medicals, real and BS,
      from Weekend in Indy.

Agents do it. Front offices do it.

opcorn:
      IMO using draft Capital wisely does not equate to drafting a running back at the 13th overall position. For years I have been saying that running back is the easiest position to fill in the NFL, and I'm not a fan of any second contract to a running back over the age of 25. So if you draft rb in the first round, you're never giving him a second contract under my guidelines. The only second contracts I ever be giving to a running back would be i they are drafted day 3 or undrafted free agents as they hit their second contract much earlier in a professional career.

Comment

• Eurobolt
        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think there is one thing here that is overlooked by everyome on this board.

Trading up for Sewell screams to Herbert:

"we have your buddy, we want you to feel as comfortable as possible, will do anything for you etc"

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
          Slater is what the new wave of left tackles should look like in the future with QB’s becoming more athletic playmakers. Instead of the 6-7 340lb monsters on an island (OBJ) they need to be as athletic as possible for their size, which is why I’m so high on Cosmi as a trade down option. Don’t need Herbert extending plays exposed in the open, his protection has to be more mobile and fluid.
          If the idea is to develop a mobile shifting “modern” OL that flows and moves with the QB as he athletically moves about - good luck with that. LTs need to be what LTs have always needed to be - athletic fluid super-beasts. A combination of power, length, agility, quickness, technique. Rarity of excellence approaches unicorns as it requires abnormal physical traits combined with unnatural abilities. Modern QBs don’t change what is needed in a great LT.

LTs are not watching behind him to see where the QB is and then trying to flow with him, they are stoning the defense in front of them.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
            Fluent in Sarcasm
            • Jun 2013
            • Iowa
            • Man of the People
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

"we have your buddy, we want you to feel as comfortable as possible, will do anything for you etc"
            A huge departure from how the franchise treated Rivers during his tenure.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If the idea is to develop a mobile shifting “modern” OL that flows and moves with the QB as he athletically moves about - good luck with that. LTs need to be what LTs have always needed to be - athletic fluid super-beasts. A combination of power, length, agility, quickness, technique. Rarity of excellence approaches unicorns as it requires abnormal physical traits combined with unnatural abilities. Modern QBs don’t change what is needed in a great LT.

LTs are not watching behind him to see where the QB is and then trying to flow with him, they are stoning the defense in front of them.
              I think you guys are overlooking the left part of left tackle. Just as Staley said in his press conference most of the better pass rushers in the league line up over the right tackle more often than not. Stanley clearly said both of your tackles need to be first and foremost strong pass blockers

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Yep...that screaming sounds a lot better than..."he's a backup for a reason..."

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                  Aside from the medical stuff on Farley I still don’t see him as the best pick for CB in Staley’s D. He wants an aggressive man coverage type. Maybe Farley can get there but he definitely has the least experience with it out of the top 3 CBs. Horn would be the ideal match based off of Staley’s description of his desired CBs.
                  Caleb may not be DROY but he has the highest ceiling of all the CB.
                  He needs coaching/more time in position to address technique, form tackling, and understanding route concepts.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

I think that is over-stated about trading for your "buddy"
                    The Chargers shouldn't be trading up for Penei Sewell because he played with Herbert - they should be doing it because of the potential he has as LT -regardless of where he went to college. Yes, it does help he has a relationship with Herbert but if the best OT prospect is actually Slater, like some analysts say - I am sure Herbert would be good with that too.

Chargers need a LT -- Telesco either gets it right this offseason or he could be fired. And if he trades up for Sewell -- he has to nail the pick.
                    Not sure who the right guy is but Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Little - maybe its AVT though some thing is better as OG.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think that is over-stated about trading for your "buddy"
                      The Chargers shouldn't be trading up for Penei Sewell because he played with Herbert - they should be doing it because of the potential he has as LT -regardless of where he went to college. Yes, it does help he has a relationship with Herbert but if the best OT prospect is actually Slater, like some analysts say - I am sure Herbert would be good with that too.

Chargers need a LT -- Telesco either gets it right this offseason or he could be fired. And if he trades up for Sewell -- he has to nail the pick.
                      Not sure who the right guy is but Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Little - maybe its AVT though some thing is better as OG.
                      I endorse this sentiment. Herbie proved to the world he doesn’t need a crutch, he sure doesn’t need a emotional support animal. What he needs is the bet possible team around him, as every QB does. If trading up for Sewell costs too much vs the marginal gain of Sewell vs Slater or Darrisaw - it will hurt Herbie.
                      Sewell is not a magic bean farmer and LT is important but it is not QB where selling the far might be necessary.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                        I did a PFF mock this morning and took Horn at 13. OT's were gone (Sewell/Slater) and I think he was the highest ranked player on their board as I had set it to 100% PFF with no reader boards. And it graded it a C-..........WTF?????

Proof sometimes that there is no life on Mars.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I endorse this sentiment. Herbie proved to the world he doesn’t need a crutch, he sure doesn’t need a emotional support animal. What he needs is the bet possible team around him, as every QB does. If trading up for Sewell costs too much vs the marginal gain of Sewell vs Slater or Darrisaw - it will hurt Herbie.
                          Sewell is not a magic bean farmer and LT is important but it is not QB where selling the far might be necessary.
                          Herbert is my emotional support animal.
                          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

Working...
                          X