• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I like Jamar Johnson too. But I’ll tell you right now it won’t happen. Spanos will veto the pick. It’s because of Jamar’s off-field incident. Can’t say I agree, but it’s the way it’ll be.
    I tried to find something but couldnt. What was his off field incident?

Id also like to add that in 2019 he played mostly in the slot so he has experience as a slot CB and at safety. If this incident isnt that big he would be a nice get.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I tried to find something but couldnt. What was his off field incident?

Id also like to add that in 2019 he played mostly in the slot so he has experience as a slot CB and at safety. If this incident isnt that big he would be a nice get.
      Smoking weed and resisting arrest:

Indiana freshman defensive back Jamar Johnson faces a preliminary charge of resisting law enforcement following his arrest at a campus sports complex

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
        I was hoping, the drama leading up to free agency would bear more fruit. One thing that didn’t happen is Mike Williams was not get traded along with his 15 million cap hit that could have been exchanged for OBJ and lesser than #13 overall pick. This path way could have secured the Chargers a proven franchise left tackle and still selected Jaycee Horn. Now I’d eat that contract and 13th pick for OBJ. Feel boxed in, but still the right play.
        You cant do that if his team doesnt want to trade him and if the other team doesnt want a player and would rather have a pick. So saying this " could have been exhanged for OBJ" and "would have secured the Chargers a proven LT" is speculation that obviously wasnt part of the plan. How are we boxed in?

OBJ still is a Raven and its been well over a month since news came out on this. Dont look like many teams are willing to part with a 1st round pick and then paying him....and there are about 4-5 iterested teams as i saw on Twitter just the other day.

Been said plenty of times in here that Telesco and staff really like MW and now its been said that Staley really wants him around as well.

I dont know why but this board really under values MW.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rest/38737549/
          Freshman year with weed?

Well no big deal imo but we'll see. He was a Freshman so im sure that will be asked. I thought an article said the NFL is softening some on the weed thing?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Freshman year with weed?

Well no big deal imo but we'll see. He was a Freshman so im sure that will be asked. I thought an article said the NFL is softening some on the weed thing?
            Maybe the NFL but not John Spanos. You’d think that a California team would be most liberal, but it all depends on the perspective of the ownership. I happen to know how John stands on this issue. Chances of Jamar Johnson joining the squad are slim to none.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

I would hope if this is the only "red flag" in the file of not only Jamar Johnson but any player - something they did as an 18 or 19 year old - that can be forgiven.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Maybe the NFL but not John Spanos. You’d think that a California team would be most liberal, but it all depends on the perspective of the ownership. I happen to know how John stands on this issue. Chances of Jamar Johnson joining the squad are slim to none.
                Id bet that JohnBoy is his youth tried weed before. Hell i think most youngins have but understand there are those that havent.

I myself dont care for it. Tried it in my youth and again as recent as a few years ago to see if it would relieve my knee pain prior to my replacement surgery's. It didnt and i got the same result. I hated feeling high. It just dont agree with me.

I wouldnt hold it against anybody as long as they arent pot heads. I still think its better than drinking. Never seen a person high on weed get violent. But i think im logical and not a steadfast close minded person.

I wonder if JohnBoy has drinks when he goes out to dinner , team parties or friend gatherings and such. No difference imo.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I would hope if this is the only "red flag" in the file of not only Jamar Johnson but any player - something they did as an 18 or 19 year old - that can be forgiven.
                  Id hope they would at least interview the kid and ask him about it. Hec if they cross off players who have used weed, their board is going to be very small lol.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Id bet that JohnBoy is his youth tried weed before.

I wonder if JohnBoy has drinks when he goes out to dinner , team parties or friend gatherings and such. No difference imo.
                    I can say with near certainty that he did not. But definitely a little vino with dinner. Greek wine is highly underrated.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

If TT doesn't like Slater or Darrisaw, I wouldn't object to him trading down a few spots and getting Cosmi. Cosmi = upside in my book.

From PFF

31. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS — OT SAM COSMI, TEXAS

I’m not going to jump off the trend of mocking offensive tackles to the Chiefs in the first round. It’s a case of clear need meeting value with how the draft is likely to shake out. The depth of this tackle class means that there will likely be a number of options for the Chiefs to choose from at the back end of the first round who could potentially start next season at left tackle.

I opted for Cosmi due to his experience (three seasons as a starting tackle at Texas) and strong play in pass protection throughout his career (pass-blocking grades of 82.0 or higher in all three seasons). Cosmi also put on an absolute show during his pro day with 90th percentile or higher testing numbers across the board.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

It doesn't tell us much about "resisting arrest". If running away then returning was the sum total, no biggie. Physically engaging a LEO to actively resist is a red flag. The rule for everyone, no exceptions, is cooperate. Identify yourself, admit nothing, request counsel if questioned further.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                          If TT doesn't like Slater or Darrisaw, I wouldn't object to him trading down a few spots and getting Cosmi. Cosmi = upside in my book.

From PFF

31. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS — OT SAM COSMI, TEXAS

I’m not going to jump off the trend of mocking offensive tackles to the Chiefs in the first round. It’s a case of clear need meeting value with how the draft is likely to shake out. The depth of this tackle class means that there will likely be a number of options for the Chiefs to choose from at the back end of the first round who could potentially start next season at left tackle.

I opted for Cosmi due to his experience (three seasons as a starting tackle at Texas) and strong play in pass protection throughout his career (pass-blocking grades of 82.0 or higher in all three seasons). Cosmi also put on an absolute show during his pro day with 90th percentile or higher testing numbers across the board.
                          As far as I can see, Cosmi’s weaknesses in pass protection are lack of anchor and issues with speed rushers that use quick inside moves. William Bradley-King exposed him pretty bad with a decent inside move and sacked Elhinger for a 10+ yard loss on a critical down. It looked really bad.

If he struggled with anchor in college, NFL bull rushers will collapse him into the pocket. And every NFL speed rusher has an excellent inside move.

Comment

Working...
                          X