• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thats what ive been proposing and it will cost much less to do so. Id like to get ahead of Carolina and others for Sewel.
    Agreed - the Chargers doing something now would be stupid. Have to see how the first 6 picks go and than assess if they need to trade up. I do not think they will need to trade up to at worst get Jaycee Horn. And he would be a good addition to the roster.

I also don't advocate trading before draft day is the Chargers need to make sure the player they want - is there. It will be interesting how those first 6 picks go.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Yes...and i said that. Wait til Atlanta does their thing and Cinci does theirs which i think is drafting Chase. Miami i think is targeting Pitts or one of Tua's former WRs. And have that deal ready before hand so you dont negociate the trade on the clock.
      Copy

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
        Man, ol’ Borquez is right on the money with this article.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Yes...and i said that. Wait til Atlanta does their thing and Cinci does theirs which i think is drafting Chase. Miami i think is targeting Pitts or one of Tua's former WRs. And have that deal ready before hand so you dont negociate the trade on the clock.
          I remember reading a story a while back, and what the GM's do is to have all their possible trades all worked out ahead of draft day...so, if TT is thinking of trading up to #4 for example, they already have worked out ahead of time what the compensation will be...but TT may also have OTHER potential deals worked out...ALL contingent on who gets drafted ahead of them...then, when the Falcons are on the clock, or whoever else, TT and Co. already know exactly who is on the board, and can therefore make a more informed decision...so yes, a team can trade up ahead of time, but sometimes it can backfire on them, because their targeted player is no longer there when they're on the clock...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
            If those were our first 5 picks, I could dig it....
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
              I hope we are one of those teams. I'm ok with swapping picks, giving up next year's late 30 pick & a mid round pick that may or may not make the team. We have our franchise QB. Go get the best LT in the draft to protect him for as long as they both decide to play.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Another reason JohnBoy needs to step back from player personnel. Seems a non issue to me. I'm sure he is the rich choir boy lol

I mean Cmon...to just look at it and say...welp, he smoked weed, he is off the list is an ignorant thing to do. At least do your due diligents and find out what he was thinking as a 18-19 year old. For chris sakes i know i did stupid things at that age.
                It’s not about getting choir boys. It’s all about the process of scouting and avoiding guys that may be the next Ruben Foster, Josh Gordon, or Isaiah Wilson.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It’s not about getting choir boys. It’s all about the process of scouting and avoiding guys that may be the next Ruben Foster, Josh Gordon, or Isaiah Wilson.
                  Right but you need to do some homework on these guys to find that out. Not just dismiss them because they got caught on campus smoking weed at 18-19 years old. And if JohnBoys stance is such then he shouldnt be the guy involved in these decisions.

Im sure if you asked every one of them if they smoked weed before , that would elliminate 50-75% of the prospects lol. Some just didnt get caught.

Justin Houston tested possitive for weed at the combine but has never been in trouble and has been a good player for a long time. I wanted us to draft him in the first round but he slipped to the 3rd because of it....in our division.

These are kids they are drafting and kids sometimes do stupid things and figure it out later even in their early 20's. Some dont.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Right but you need to do some homework on these guys to find that out. Not just dismiss them because they got caught on campus smoking weed at 18-19 years old. And if JohnBoys stance is such then he shouldnt be the guy involved in these decisions.

Im sure if you asked every one of them if they smoked weed before , that would elliminate 50-75% of the prospects lol. Some just didnt get caught.

Justin Houston tested possitive for weed at the combine but has never been in trouble and has been a good player for a long time. I wanted us to draft him in the first round but he slipped to the 3rd because of it....in our division.

These are kids they are drafting and kids sometimes do stupid things and figure it out later even in their early 20's. Some dont.
                    I don’t know if that is his stance. We just in general try to avoid obvious red flags unless there are reasons not to. It’s not like we didn’t pick up players with issues in the past ie. Steve Foley and Terrence Kiel.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

image_4690.jpg
                      Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I don’t know if that is his stance. We just in general try to avoid obvious red flags unless there are reasons not to. It’s not like we didn’t pick up players with issues in the past ie. Steve Foley and Terrence Kiel.
                      Thats what bolt dude said was his stance and i guess he knows him from school. I dont know how long it has been since they chatted but im just saying if he is that closed minded , he shouldnt be a part of player personel.

I get the red flag thing, just find out about it and do your due dilligents if he is a player you think can make us better.

Obviously we dont want somebody who punches his girlfriend and break into stores, steals cars, etc... but smoking weed?

Things started to change in the league last year

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/13/s...na-policy.html

I mean look at this pic? LOL Gronk is talking about the benefit of weed and may be involved with a weed company. Its in that link.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-06-2021, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Thats CBD. The non psychoactive part of cannabis. lol Doesnt get you high. Unless it has trace elements of THC. Which only comes from flower that is pure CBD. Charlottes Web strain comes to mind. Most CBD products these days are coming from hemp. Not flower.

I battle chronic pain...so i know my cannabis.

Comment

• Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

They are comparable from this perspective, have a young franchise QB who they want/need to protect and both offensive lines trash.

Purportedly the Ravens asking price is a 1st rd pick, no indication far as I’ve seen any specific number attached to that 1st round pick for OBJ. #13 is certainly in the realm of possibility but that’s only one pick, O’Brian gave up a package deal, involving several other players, usually not mentioned but throw them out of it, 2020 and 2021 (3rd overall) 2020 2nd (Stills) 4th (exchange for Davenport) and 2021 6th.

From there, it all unravels and the players, organization, hope to God, never reach similar proportions of these atrocious, amateur miscalculations of epic proportions.

But I digress, IMO, trading pick #13 for a proven, young franchise LT would be a solid move for both sides, especially the Chargers. Of course there would have to be a cap friendly, long term extension reached with OBJ camp prior to any trade, a trade that rewards him, to be his preferred position LT. Actually think the Chargers would get a discount, bring long term stability to the left side and cohesive OL structure.
                          The problem with Brown is that he is a franchise RT, not a franchise LT. He speaks of wanting to play LT based upon the legacy of his father, but his raising of this issue for the first time in a contract year suggests the presence of another motivation. He is going to want big time LT money soon despite not being a proven franchise LT. So trading our first round pick for Brown seems like a bad idea.

I am fine not forcing a first round LT selection. While we can never really know what is going to happen until it unfolds on draft day, the way things are shaping up, our franchise LT is not likely to be the BPA or even close to being the BPA at #13 overall. Sewell is almost certain to be off the board. Slater is not an NFL LT and he is unproven at OG. Darrishaw may be a legitimate LT, but he is not good value at #13. I do not favor reaching for him.

I prefer the concept of not passing on the true BPA at #13 and addressing the OT issue in rounds 2 and 3 if we are staying put at #13. I see the total draft haul as being much greater by using that approach.

Doing so looks likely to leave us with an elite faller if we are lucky (Pitts, Parsons) or one of the CBs (Farley, Surtain, Horn). McShay did a mock recently where he had Sewell falling to us at #13, but I just can't see that happening. If the elite faller is there, that is our pick. If not, then we should take one of the CBs as they clearly carry more value than any realistically available true LT in this draft, which excludes Slater.

I think Slater is a potentially valuable OG, but his value is uncertain and, as a secondary factor, with the signing of two free agent OGs, CB is now a position of greater need. Because of the positional uncertainty with Slater, I value the CBs more than Slater.

So, I see one of the CBs as the straight line, most probable result for pick #13. And, honestly, I would be fine with any of them. Farley has the highest ceiling, but is also the greatest risk. Horn has the second highest ceiling, but likely carries the second greatest risk. Surtain seems the most reliable, but with the lowest ceiling. That dynamic makes for an interesting choice between the three.

Comment

Working...
                          X