• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

After last seasons offensive line ANY improvements we make during the off season is going to make it feel luxurious for Herbert. We need ten bullets in our gun. Give me ten solid offensive linemen and we're going to the superbowl with our boy genius!

:cheers:

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Good enough for what? What's the point? Isn't this an arm length topic?
      Good enough to be considered a good pass rusher... Someone asked me to find good pass rushers that had long arms. So I took the top-30 pass rushers and found that 21 of them had arms that were 33'+. That was a little more than 2/3 of them. Another poster suggested that the need for zone blocking OT's meant that teams no longer needed to adhere to the 34" arm rule. Last year's 1st round OT's arm lengths disproved that theory.

I'm not trying to be difficult. I'm just pointing out that 75% of all starting LT's have 34+ inch arms. And none of them have 33 inch arms. There are a number of OT prospects with 33" arms. I don't think they end up being drafted as LT's. The reason being that many top pass rushers have longer arms than that.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I see him going to the Raiders, unfortunately. They need a RT + Mark Davis loves 2 things: speed and nasty. He went speed last year.
        That very well could be. The number of teams needing OT's far outweighs the supply. Especially if you're looking for a LT with longer arms. Waiting until #47 for a LT this year is a very risky strategy.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

All this arm length talk is making me feel like Darrisaw’s off the board before Slater. Maybe to the Panthers. They’d really like a good zone run blocker for McCaffrey too.

I just can’t see Slater being a bust though. He’s too athletic and quick and mean and competitive. He seems special.

Maybe he’s the Kyler Murray-like exception.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

All this arm length talk is making me feel like Darrisaw’s off the board before Slater. Maybe to the Panthers. They’d really like a good zone run blocker for McCaffrey too.

I just can’t see Slater being a bust though. He’s too athletic and quick and mean and competitive. He seems special.

Maybe he’s the Kyler Murray-like exception.
            Darrisaw could be gone by #13. Carolina would be the team. But... they'd have to be ready to give up on Greg Little... 2 years after they drafted him #37. I think Little gets another 2 years to prove himself. They did sign Cameron Erving to a 2-year, 10 mil contract this off-season. So that might be an indication that they're not going OT. What they really need is an OG. They have Dennis Daley penciled in and Sam Tecklenburg behind him. That's a 6th rounder and an UDFA with 135 snaps between them. If I were the Panthers, I'd draft AVT. IMO, he's the best zone blocking OL in the draft. If they're really worried about Little/Erving, they could draft Slater to play OG to start immediately and then move him to LT if Greg Little didn't develop.

Lots of moving parts!

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Either Telesco is willing to trade up or roll the dice. Will have to wait a few more days to find out.

Comment

• GetBolted
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2021
                • Butler, PA
                • Send PM

download (9).png
                Not a bad haul IMHO, if i could get a draft like that, i'd happily to trade what i did for Penei. With all of the uncertainty about who may or may not be there for us at 13 trading for #4 at least ensures us of getting who we want. In many of the mocks i've done, there was no decent tackle prospects if i went CB at 13, so i keep coming back to we need an OT at 13 come hell or high water.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

If his knee is good, he won't be there. If his knee isn't good, why bother...?
                  NFL doctors will take a real good look at that knee. It's been a year and a half... there should be solid answers by now.
                  You should do a better job of staying in your lane.

Many of your comments here are bullshit.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post
                    The closer we get to draft day, the less confident I feel that we'll get the player we want in that spot. And by "player we want" I'm assuming a top OT or CB.

Penei Sewell, Rashawn Slater, Christian Darrisaw, Patrick Surtain II, Caleb Farley, Jaycee Horn

I just don't think ANY of these guys will be there at 13. Maybe Darrisaw (which means the pick is just the leftovers of the top bunch). And if that's the case, what next? Would we have to trade down and grab some more picks and then target the next level guys?
                    LOL...if that happens, you will probably have your choice of best rush LB(Parsons) best coverage/blitz LB(JOK) best Guard prospect since Q Williams(AVT) and best Edge(Phillips)....nothing to Boo Hoo about....you take a star and move on....if those players are the consolation prize, I'll consider myself consoled....
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by GetBolted View Post
                      download (9).png
                      Not a bad haul IMHO, if i could get a draft like that, i'd happily to trade what i did for Penei. With all of the uncertainty about who may or may not be there for us at 13 trading for #4 at least ensures us of getting who we want. In many of the mocks i've done, there was no decent tackle prospects if i went CB at 13, so i keep coming back to we need an OT at 13 come hell or high water.
                      Killer draft...wish it was that easy....lol, I notice they gave you an F for the trade, but then A- for the next 5 picks...I would call that a win. Course...it is just a simulator.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by GetBolted View Post
                        download (9).png
                        Nice work. My question is the F grade for what the Chargers gave up to move to #4 or what Atlanta got in return? Because I would make that move in a heartbeat if that’s all it cost.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Send PM

Let’s play a game.
                          What’s the draft order of OTs?

R1
                          1. Sewell (33 1/4”)
                          2. Slater (33”)
                          3. Darrisaw (34 1/2”)
                          4. Jenkins (33 1/2”)
                          R2
                          5. Radunz (34”)
                          6. Little (33 3/4”)
                          7. Cosmi (33”)
                          8. Brown (34 3/4”)
                          R3
                          9. D’Ante (35 1/4”)
                          10. Ball (35”)

No I haven’t forgotten Mayfield or Leatherwood or Eich. But they don’t crack the top 10.

*edit* adding arm length
                          LOL...I don't mean to be a amart ass, but with regards to arm length and your very own list, arm length trends shorter for the early prospects, longer for the later picks...ironic.

As far as draft order, your list is pretty spot on, save maybe for Ball, but who knows...interesting sleeper pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X