• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eaterfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Two First-Round Picks were paid to the Raiders from Chicago for the rights to LB Khalil Mack.

Two First-Round Picks were paid by the Texans to the Dolphins for OT Laremy Tunsil.

Which team got the most ROI for their strategy?
    The Bears. But, I don't think Tunsil is as good as Mack. Doesn't that show that it's smarter to draft an OT because you pay as much to acquire a pretty good OT as you do to acquire a top flight pass rusher? Like the Raiders invested the #5 pick in Mack and for their investment got 2 first round picks back. The Dolphins invested the #13 pick and got 2 1st round picks as a return.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

The Bears. But, I don't think Tunsil is as good as Mack. Doesn't that show that it's smarter to draft an OT because you pay as much to acquire a pretty good OT as you do to acquire a top flight pass rusher? Like the Raiders invested the #5 pick in Mack and for their investment got 2 first round picks back. The Dolphins invested the #13 pick and got 2 1st round picks as a return.
      I can understand what you are saying regarding Sewell. I've looked at the argument and I understand both sides.

I believe there is higher risk reward by going with a defensive playmaker over a Blue Chip OT, from a draft strategy standpoint.

In this selection order, the Jets & Chargers play Sunday. 0-9 v 2-7.

Washington & Dallas play on Thanksgiving. Both are 2-7.

The Chargers may well have the 4th Overall Pick in the 2021 Draft by Thanksgiving. As the owner, I am looking at missing the playoffs again, not because my offense collapsed, but because my defense and their coordinator, collapsed. I address the defense in the 1st Round and the offense line in the Second. That is the only difference in our strategies, my friend.

image_2020-11-19_145912.png
      Attached Files

Comment

• eaterfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

I can understand what you are saying regarding Sewell. I've looked at the argument and I understand both sides.

I believe there is higher risk reward by going with a defensive playmaker over a Blue Chip OT, from a draft strategy standpoint.

In this selection order, the Jets & Chargers play Sunday. 0-9 v 2-7.

Washington & Dallas play on Thanksgiving. Both are 2-7.

The Chargers may well have the 4th Overall Pick in the 2021 Draft by Thanksgiving. As the owner, I am looking at missing the playoffs again, not because my offense collapsed, but because my defense and their coordinator, collapsed. I address the defense in the 1st Round and the offense line in the Second. That is the only difference in our strategies, my friend.

image_2020-11-19_145912.png
        I totally understand. The defense is atrocious, but I look at teams like the Houston Texans, the Colts, and the Panthers who never protected Carr, Luck, and Newton and sacrificed years of quality QB play they could have had. I'd rather rather waste another year with a bad defense than take 4-5 years off the productive part of Herbert's career.

Additionally, Herbert being a top 3 QB under pressure and on 3rd down this year is masking a lot of problems on offense. If he reverts to an average QB in those categories and we may looking at an offense that's just as bad as the defense. Get an offensive line that allows less pressure and can open more holes in the run game and this level of offense may be sustainable.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Given that we have Herbert, Sewell is the most valuable player, specifically to us in this draft above Parsons or any QB.
          Imho
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I totally understand. The defense is atrocious, but I look at teams like the Houston Texans, the Colts, and the Panthers who never protected Carr, Luck, and Newton and sacrificed years of quality QB play they could have had. I'd rather rather waste another year with a bad defense than take 4-5 years off the productive part of Herbert's career.

Additionally, Herbert being a top 3 QB under pressure and on 3rd down this year is masking a lot of problems on offense. If he reverts to an average QB in those categories and we may looking at an offense that's just as bad as the defense. Get an offensive line that allows less pressure and can open more holes in the run game and this level of offense may be sustainable.
            10-4. Priority #1 is getting an new Blue Chip LT in the Second Round and a new C in the 4th or 5th. The best Charger OG from this season will battle it our to start at LG in 2021. Trai Turner & Bryan Bulaga can take over the RG/RT tandem. That's how I go about protecting the Webfoot Wonder.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              Given that we have Herbert, Sewell is the most valuable player, specifically to us in this draft above Parsons or any QB.
              Imho

Who is the biggest, nastiest player on this field, on this juggernaut of an offense? #79. The left tackle, Jackson Carman. Check it out.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...llege-football

At #12 is a Mike linebacker who isn't asked rush the passer. LB Micah Parsons graded as the nations best 94.8 run-defender, fourth-highest 90.0 tackling grade and 17th-best pass-rush grade of 85.0.

LB Khalil Mack is the site's second-highest-graded edge defender with elite grades as a pass-rusher (90.7) and run-defender (89.8).

Grades as a pass rusher.

Chase Young

Myles Garrett

Nick Bosa

Joey Bosa

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

LB Khalil Mack has a 40' vertical leap. LB Micah Parsons has a 36' vertical. Micah Parsons 4.43 40-time. Khalil Mack 40-time: 4.65

Both are 6' 3", 250lb. Khalil Mack is 29. Micah Parsons in 20.

download.jpeg 1481783.jpg

Film Study: How Khalil Mack uses his speed, to take advantage of you with his power. Mack has developed a Power Step that is devastating to OTs.

Comment

• Classic
                    Hall Of Fame
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Send PM

LB Khalil Mack has a 40' vertical leap. LB Micah Parsons has a 36' vertical. Micah Parsons 4.43 40-time. Khalil Mack 40-time: 4.65

Both are 6' 3", 250lb. Khalil Mack is 29. Micah Parsons in 20.

download.jpeg 1481783.jpg

Film Study: How Khalil Mack uses his speed, to take advantage of you with his power. Mack has developed a Power Step that is devastating to OTs.

I didn't know he was a pass rusher, thought he'd be ideal MLB but if what you're saying is true he really is a 1a - 1b to Sewell.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Who is the biggest, nastiest player on this field, on this juggernaut of an offense? #79. The left tackle, Jackson Carman. Check it out.
                      Yep...if no Sewell, Carman will be fine...

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...if no Sewell, Carman will be fine...
                        Both?
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

I didn't know he was a pass rusher, thought he'd be ideal MLB but if what you're saying is true he really is a 1a - 1b to Sewell.
                          At the top of the draft it is BPA.

Sewell is a superior prospect to Parsons.

Add in that Parsons, for all his uber athleticism is a B- at instincts.

We have Murray, Tranquill, Kizer and Perryman.

Oh, and we have Tevi, Pipkins and Bulaga for one more year, if his back holds up.

Finally we have Bosa. Nwosu and MI on a team friendly contract, plus Round Four value pick PRS's.

OLT has higher value over LB/Part Time PRS, both generally, and with Herb on board.

We want DAL to take Parsons, due to defensive deficiencies in Big D.

Or, even better, we want a QB needy team to trade up, giving us extra picks and Sewell.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X