Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
    Herbert is my emotional support animal.
    Do you have papers to prove that? If not I call BS.............lol

Comment

• Grinners
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Chris Simms was right about Herbert last year and Farley this year. Generational talent!
      Not in the majority here but I hope they take the risk.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
        Fluent in Sarcasm
        • Jun 2013
        • Iowa
        • Man of the People
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Caleb may not be DROY but he has the highest ceiling of all the CB.
        He needs coaching/more time in position to address technique, form tackling, and understanding route concepts.
        Oh don’t get me wrong I think Farley will be a very good CB in the NFL as long as he can stay on the field. I just don’t view him as the best CB for Staley’s D. I do think he would be a better fit because with his athletic gifts and the right coaching he will surpass Surtain who is limited somewhat athletically. Horn in a tick behind Farley athletically but already had the right mindset and skills to be more productive day 1 and I think his ceiling is right there with Farley’s in the right defense.

Either would be great consolation prizes once I get over my broken heart of us not getting Sewell.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

IMO using draft Capital wisely does not equate to drafting a running back at the 13th overall position. For years I have been saying that running back is the easiest position to fill in the NFL, and I'm not a fan of any second contract to a running back over the age of 25. So if you draft rb in the first round, you're never giving him a second contract under my guidelines. The only second contracts I ever be giving to a running back would be i they are drafted day 3 or undrafted free agents as they hit their second contract much earlier in a professional career.
          FWIW...

Zierlein and Company's rankings at NFL.COM

--9) Sewell 6.73
          --10) Etienne 6.71
          --11) Slater 6.70
          --15) Horn 6.46
          --18) Darrisaw

Sometimes in life,
          you have to look,
          in order to see.

Gimme back my credibility, TPB...

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

You cannot intimidate or insult me into not posting my football takes.

It is ludicrous to pigeonhole the Chargers into drafting certain positions at certain early spots,
            and yet a lot of people are doing exactly that.

Use draft capital wisely.

The job of fine tuning our ranking of talent level, fit and impact, especially for our early picks, is not completed.

Frankly it is hit or miss around here, as TPB tries to figure out our defensive needs...lol...go heavy back seven.

And I look for blowhardism to increase at TPB in the next 15 days too...back to the woodLab.

Get ready for leaks on the medicals, real and BS,
            from Weekend in Indy.

Agents do it. Front offices do it.

opcorn:
            I really believe that the Chargers will end up drafting 3 or 4 backend guys... but like you say, don't necessarily pigeonhole them into certain early spots.
            The CB and safety classes are so good this year. Here's my list of prospects and what role(s) I believe they play. Very versatile group!

The BIG-3 (Surtain, Farley, Horn)... Surtain (and maybe 1 more) will be gone by #13. A couple teams (Cowboys/Eagles) have real needs there. Farley has his back issues. I hear Horn has some issues that may make TT/BS wary of Jaycee Horn @#13. This is according to Joe Marino (Draft Network Senior Analyst)
            The concerns with Horn show up primarily as a tackler and playing off-man coverage. Unfortunately, Horn doesn’t play to his weight class as a tackler and there are too many missed tackles on film. Additionally, Horn can be guilty of guessing when mirroring routes, leading to false steps, which is problematic given how segmented his transitions can be in the first place.
            S Jevon Holland. Instincts galore and a playmaker/ballhawk. Very versatile and athletic. Can come up and cover slot receivers. Staley kind of guy. 2nd round grade.
            CB Asante Samuels. Woody's guy. One of the better pure cover guys. May be a better tackler than Horn. Size is only concern. Staley kind of guy. 2nd round grade.
            NCB/S Elijah Molden. Has instincts and is football smart. Makes plays and anticipates. Speed concerns make him a safety that can cover slot. Staley " " " 2nd round grade. Just realized he's Alex Molden's (ex-Charger) kid. The DB bloodlines are deep this year...

CB's: Melifonwu, Stokes, Campbell, Gowan, Adebo, Robinson, Graham Jr., St. Juste, Taylor...
            Safeties: Jamar Johnson, Grant, Sherwood, Nasirildeen, Cisco, Sterns, Wiggins, Gillespe, Hufanga, Forrest...
            Staley says DB's come in different sizes, shapes, and abilities. He wants them to be versatile... Holy crap! Have you ever seen such a collection of DB's...?

And let's not forget about some quality secondary still unsigned... post draft gems. Darqueeze Dennard is still out there. BS and Richard Sherman seem to like each other, too!

I absolutely agree... no pigeonholing prospects this year. Is the OT position as deep as we thought... with all of these short-armed prospects...? Maybe it's the OG position that is jam-packed with prospects...? I hate that NFL GM's are caught up in 34+ inch arms. But I've heard both TT and BS mention it. I can't do anything about it... I'm not in charge... I just take it for what it's worth. "It is what it is". A lot of the "tackles" that you and I like will end up being OG's... I wish NFL GM's wouldn't pigeonhole... but they do. Maybe this is what TT meant by "the top tackles will be there @#13". Maybe his OT list is different than ours...

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

FWIW...

Zierlein and Company's rankings at NFL.COM

--9) Sewell 6.73
              --10) Etienne 6.71
              --11) Slater 6.70
              --15) Horn 6.46
              --18) Darrisaw

Sometimes in life,
              you have to look,
              in order to see.

Gimme back my credibility, TPB...
              So now we have to draft Etienne because he’s the highest rated player on the board? Not happening.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

So now we have to draft Etienne because he’s the highest rated player on the board? Not happening.
                He might be already gone.
                What do you think about his elite Stop/Start ?
                This isn't trading up for MG III @#15.
                And I remind you that LAC have been talking to Gurley.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Draft the best Offensive weapon on the board IF the #1 CB or #1 OT is off the board.... Also if there is a DE at pick 13 that could ave 10 sacks a season and startt right away maybe go that way.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

I love a great running back. And I’d take one early in the first to complete my O. But not during team building years.

And I hadn't heard we were talking to Gurley. If we think we can get 1000 yards rushing out of him, he’d be worth signing, at the right price of course. Build the OL, get a quality lead back, we’d be a top 5 offense.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Other than NFLRumors on twitter - I have not seen on report the Chargers are talking to Gurley

I just do not see the Chargers drafting Travis Etienne at 13.

Its going to be Horn or Darrisaw I do believe.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Exciting!

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

There are exactly 2 RBs in the last two decades I'd take top 10; LT and AP.

You can rate positiins by marginal impact of talent, positional scarcity, and catastrophic impact.

QBs are high in all three for obvious reasons.

Pass rushers (inside or outside) have high marginal impact, high scarcity, and low catastrophe.

DBs have high marginal talent, low scarcity (lots of decent DBs out there you can get by with), and high catastrophe.

OL have low marginal talent, and super high catastrophe. IOL have medium scarcity. OTs have high scarcity. Theres not much practical difference between the best OT and 20th best OT in the NFL. At some point around 45 OTs you fall off a cliff, which is why there is a run on OTs every year at this point.

WR has high marginal impact, low scarcity, low catastrophe.

RB has low marginal impact, low scarcity, and low catastrophe.

Comment

Working...
                          X