X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by equivocation View Post
    Mike Tyson was a great boxer with short arms. OLT with short arms better be Mike friggin Tyson.
    And Lennox Lewis and Buster Douglas were longer boxers that featured a jab that kept him at distance in beating his ass.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Is anybody suggesting that arm length is the #1 thing to being a good NFL OT?

The player needs to be a good OL player, obviously, but also should, in most cases, have 34+" arms. Again, the list of top OT players is littered with guys that have 34+" arms. It is one thing matters, but not anywhere close to being the only thing that matters.
      Yes

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Mike Tyson got knocked out by a no-name tomato can, was pounded into resorting to ear mutilation as a defense strategy by a middle weight, went to jail for rape, tattooed his face and bought a lion.

Not the story of greatness
        The tiger (not a lion) and face tattoo are legendary all by themselves. Add that he was the baddest man in the world for a period of time and it indeed is a story of greatness.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

*WAS*

Then he lost a step and longer fighters took care of him. Because length matters in hand fighting. And line play is hand fighting.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
            *WAS*

Then he lost a step and longer fighters took care of him. Because length matters in hand fighting. And line play is hand fighting.
            Yeah it didn’t matter at all when he was dialed in and cared.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

I'm 3 days into a 2 week Covid Quarantine....youngest has it. I can't spend everyday of the next two weeks leading up to the draft, talking about Darrisaw...in a year with a possible 5 QBs going top 10, the Chargers at #13 are likely to see a top 10 prospect...I think Darrisaw is a decent prospect, but not top 10 caliber, which is why I am not hot on picking him....but the Darrisaw fans think more highly of him...or at least I hope so, if they are gonna pick him at 13...I hope not just so they can check off the LT box....

Anyway, Darrisaw fans get their wish....he is a quality Blue Chip prospect...and now he is gone top 10.
              1. Jags- Trevor Lawrance
              2. Jets- Zach Wilson
              3. 49rs- Mac Jones
              4. ATL- Justine Fields
              5. Cincy- Penei Sewell
              6. Fins- Ja'marr Chase
              7. Lions- Kyle Pitts
              8. CAR- Christian Darrisaw
              9. Donks- Micah Parsons
              10. Boys- Rashawn Slater
              11. Giants- Patrick Surtain
              12. Philly- Joe Horn
              13. Bolts-???

There....no Slater, no Horn, no Darrisaw....now what do you do? I think there is gonna be a 5th QB....but what if there isn't? What if the top ten teams are done...and NE and Chicago and WFT don't blink? What if the usual suspects....top corners and tackles....are gone? Something new to argue about....

Caleb Farley....is his back really ok?
              AVT, JOK, Waddle, Moerig....all slam dunk picks...but none of these guys play LT or CB...can we find starters in the second and third, affording us to pick one of these guys?
              Tevin Jenkins....can he play on the left side?
              Phillips, Ojulari...pass rush could be sick...very tempting.
              Cosmi, Little, Brown, Radunz....etc., etc.,.....do we get desperate and reach for need?

No trade back, TBP.....who you got?
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Well, that inconsistency led to zero sacks last year... and 7.7 ypc to his gap... that's the kind of [in]consistency I want at LT.
                Zero QB hits let alone sacks

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Farley if his medicals cleared, Little if not.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

In a perfect world it should be about BPA. But we lack starting caliber players at LT, CB and FS. I see Adderley as being no better than Pipkins and just as likely (not at all) to miraculously transform himself into a legitimate NFL starter.

So while Waddle is an upgrade, we already have a good set of WRs for the moment and the cost of taking Waddle means that absent acquiring additional picks or signing a free agent (Sherman, Hooker, etc.), we are needing to get starters at all three positions with a second round pick and two third round picks. We also need additional DL and OLB depth and could benefit from selecting an additional OG.

I think Parsons and Pitts are worth that kind of risk, but I am not sure that Waddle is, though I think he is a good WR.
                    I don't think people are factoring in enough how much it hurt the development of young players last season with no live off-season work, no inter squad scrimmages. In my opinion guys like pipkins (who is drafted based in athletic traits with a huge jump in competition) and a developmental project and Adderley who miss most of his rookie year. It was not only the rookie class who were hurt by such an odd offseason regimen. Hopefully, training camps will be full throttle this year as it will be very important seasons for both these young players and many others across the league who have been held back in their development due to circumstances beyond their control. The offseason is the time where young players really get the opportunity to work on their craft, their techniques and do most of their developing.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Screenshot_20210418-063839~2.png
                      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

"That's a small portion of what it takes to be a tackle at the next level," Williams said on Thursday at the NFL Combine. "I think if you look at a lot of the really successful tackles over the past 10 years from Joe Thomas, Joe Staley, Jake Matthews, Jason Peters, La'el Collins, Riley Reiff, Ryan Ramczyk - just a couple guys off the top of my head that have shorter arms. I don't think that that's necessarily a huge deal. I'm proud of the way that I play. My approach to the game is what makes me a great player, so if my fingers were an eighth of an inch longer, I'd be good enough? The way that I play is what defines me as a football player."
                        "I'll play wherever a team wants me to play," he said. "I was the best tackle in college football, and so I know that I can play at the next level. But I'm a competitor, I want to be on the field, I'll play wherever a team wants me."
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Yeah, I can't agree about Te'o. He was injured frequently and was as slow as molasses on the field for us when he did play. Just not a good NFL player at all. After playing for us, he was a regular healthy inactive for the Saints and a practice squad player for the Bears. His career production has come nowhere close to living up to the value of the #38 overall player. He was a bust for us.
                          That’s hindsight. The injury thing sucked and probably ruined his career. Ironic since he was never injured in college.

Comment

Working...
                          X