• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

AVT is projecting out as a can't miss prospect.
    If LoneBolt's draft plays out, we couldn't possibly pass on a perennial pro bowler, could we?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
      If LoneBolt's draft plays out, we couldn't possibly pass on a perennial pro bowler, could we?
      Can’t miss at what position?
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Can't miss...hahahahaha. how many times do we hear that about lineman that go on to have dud careers? Robert gallery, Cooper, pork chop Womack, joekel, Robinson. Projecting from college to the NFL is rarely "can't miss".

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
          It’s a good thing Belichick is the smartest coach in football, cuz he’s sucks at the draft. It’s probably a good thing to pick behind NE—it ensures that we won’t pick the bust that Belichik does.
          Not sure, but wasn't Caserio key factor in player evaluator/GM in New England? Texans will continue to be doomed if so :goofylol:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

TPB has a blind spot,
            and it's Moehrig.

Moehrig the player
            and
            Moehrig the role.

Ask Tomlin how he feels about Minkah (the comp for Moehrig.)

Ask Fangio how he feels about Justin Simmons (the closest thing to the defense Staley runs.)
            ​​
            :coffee:
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
              I'm 3 days into a 2 week Covid Quarantine....youngest has it. I can't spend everyday of the next two weeks leading up to the draft, talking about Darrisaw...in a year with a possible 5 QBs going top 10, the Chargers at #13 are likely to see a top 10 prospect...I think Darrisaw is a decent prospect, but not top 10 caliber, which is why I am not hot on picking him....but the Darrisaw fans think more highly of him...or at least I hope so, if they are gonna pick him at 13...I hope not just so they can check off the LT box....

Anyway, Darrisaw fans get their wish....he is a quality Blue Chip prospect...and now he is gone top 10.
              1. Jags- Trevor Lawrance
              2. Jets- Zach Wilson
              3. 49rs- Mac Jones
              4. ATL- Justine Fields
              5. Cincy- Penei Sewell
              6. Fins- Ja'marr Chase
              7. Lions- Kyle Pitts
              8. CAR- Christian Darrisaw
              9. Donks- Micah Parsons
              10. Boys- Rashawn Slater
              11. Giants- Patrick Surtain
              12. Philly- Joe Horn
              13. Bolts-???

There....no Slater, no Horn, no Darrisaw....now what do you do? I think there is gonna be a 5th QB....but what if there isn't? What if the top ten teams are done...and NE and Chicago and WFT don't blink? What if the usual suspects....top corners and tackles....are gone? Something new to argue about....

Caleb Farley....is his back really ok?
              AVT, JOK, Waddle, Moerig....all slam dunk picks...but none of these guys play LT or CB...can we find starters in the second and third, affording us to pick one of these guys?
              Tevin Jenkins....can he play on the left side?
              Phillips, Ojulari...pass rush could be sick...very tempting.
              Cosmi, Little, Brown, Radunz....etc., etc.,.....do we get desperate and reach for need?

No trade back, TBP.....who you got?
              I might go with Barmore-DL
              You see teams like 49ers or Washington continue to load up at DL and can tell it has really helped their defense.
              If we can't get a good trench player on offense. Then why not go defensive trencher. And Barmore played in an odd front so he fits the Staley defense.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

If the Chargers pick AVT - its because he is such a good prospect -Zach Martin type - that he makes a lot of sense. I don't think its the need. Still prefer Darrisaw or a CB but also wouldn't hate the pick. If you can get a plug n play OL for the next 8-10 years at 13 - its a DAMN GOOD PICK!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                  Farley would be my clear choice #13 if these events(picks) transpired. Looks like a really clean player with medical out of the way, very coachable for Staley to mold and use in the manner similar to Ramsey.
                  i'm getting to the point where i would be fine with practically anyone.

Here is my recurrent nightmare:

1. Devontae Smith/Jaylen Waddle
                  2. Liam Eichenberg
                  3A. Josh Myers (who will play guard for quite a while)
                  3B Someone Ninja has never fucking heard of

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If the Chargers pick AVT - its because he is such a good prospect -Zach Martin type - that he makes a lot of sense. I don't think its the need. Still prefer Darrisaw or a CB but also wouldn't hate the pick. If you can get a plug n play OL for the next 8-10 years at 13 - its a DAMN GOOD PICK!
                    Yes, especially when you will have some very good choices on the interior on the 2nd day (with 3 picks).
                    AVT has to be something special or you don't go there.

Comment

• eaterfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Can't miss...hahahahaha. how many times do we hear that about lineman that go on to have dud careers? Robert gallery, Cooper, pork chop Womack, joekel, Robinson. Projecting from college to the NFL is rarely "can't miss".
                      This!

There is nothing that is can't miss in the NFL! Half of first round picks won't work out. Even free agents often don't work out.

That being said, there are certainly degrees of likelihood of making it or busting and there are degrees of making it or busting. Generally, interior offensive line are the safest picks in the first round. OTs also pan out pretty well, in general. But in both cases we're looking at 40% busts. Compared to positions like WR and corner that's pretty great.

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The prime Mike Tyson fought a level of competition about 3 - 4 steps below a prime Lennox Lewis.

I don't think that Mike Tyson would have had more than a punchers chance against Lewis at his best.
                        If you can think of a better boxer with short arms, be my guest to use him as an example instead.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Jeremiah calls AVT-rex one of the safest picks for O-line in the draft...

Comment

Working...
                          X