• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Next year, the way to beat KC will still be to outscore them.
    Ya Think?

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

It will also help to get some good cover corners...The Bucs kind of gave us a blueprint on how to beat Mahomes--cover his first and second reads early and well, (including a solid and quick LB to cover Kelce) while bringing the heat--then, contain Patrick when he scrambles, so set the edge...then it's usually either a sack or incomplete...so, note to TT:

1. Need cover corners
      2. Need a solid Edge on the other side of Bosa to bring the heat
      3. Need another Edge or two in the rotation to keep everyone fresh

That is all.
      We also need INSIDE pass rush...... TB has 2 great DT's..... Chargers have none.....

next thing to remember is that the best NFL defenses(TB, Rams, BALT, NO, ...) used FA or trades to acquire many of their top playerrs......

I would love to know what Staley actually thinks about our existing talent or lack of?..... maybe Gus has been just badly using our talent in not the best ways?..... maybe our peersonnel are better then they appear if they are used correctly?

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

We also need INSIDE pass rush...... TB has 2 great DT's..... Chargers have none.....

next thing to remember is that the best NFL defenses(TB, Rams, BALT, NO, ...) used FA or trades to acquire many of their top playerrs......

I would love to know what Staley actually thinks about our existing talent or lack of?..... maybe Gus has been just badly using our talent in not the best ways?..... maybe our peersonnel are better then they appear if they are used correctly?
        Good points, Charge.

Note to TT: See above ^

Comment

• Berserker76
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

I think Fleet agrees with you there, Charge!.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

I mean, thats why when people suggest, especially in the 1st Round, drafting a WR or Pitts; signing Juju - I am like -- are we watching the same team?

The Chargers NEED: Edge, OT, DT, another IOL, CB and probably another CB (Harris and Hayward aren't getting younger. So right there - I think that is 6 of the 9 draft picks. So yes, even DT is an option in Rd 1

I see the talent on the roster and I think its pretty good - but I also think there specific areas Telesco needs to address above the wants

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Suh used to be great. Still a solid run defender who can get penetration occasionally. Vea is a rock at NT and can walk the pocket back. JPP was the star of that DL
              Linval was a star rookie on same DL with JPP that won a SB with NYG. He may be a step down from Suh - not as far as you seem to think.
              Jones & Tillery are just OK. I don't know if the book is closed on them after their 2nd- 3rd years. I agree that we need to get more from their position. - Like consistently draw extra blocking. Apparently Bosa needs more help, he sure isn't playing at JPP level. Maybe another edge rusher?

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

I remember that Jamal Williams didn't blossom until his third year, but when he did - he was the best DT in the league.

All I'm saying is - there's still hope for our young DT's.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Fluent in Sarcasm
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Iowa
                  • Man of the People
                  • Send PM

Sewell is the Duck everyone is salivating over this year but if he’s there in round 2 Jevon Holland from Oregon would be a great addition. He’s Desmond King with a lot more athleticism. Could start at FS or Nickel Day 1. His varied skill set next to DJ’s would allow Staley to be ultra creative with the backend.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                    Sewell is the Duck everyone is salivating over this year but if he’s there in round 2 Jevon Holland from Oregon would be a great addition. He’s Desmond King with a lot more athleticism. Could start at FS or Nickel Day 1. His varied skill set next to DJ’s would allow Staley to be ultra creative with the backend.
                    He can be the conductor at Two High Safety. Holland has highest level football IQ, processing and tackling on his plus side. He is not overly athletic. There is versatility. He can work at Slot. This is right all key with disguising coverages.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                      Did we win?
                      • Jun 2013
                      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                      Is Kayvon Thibodeaux coming out? That dude is an athletic freak that can flat out play. Damn, as a Ute fan I will be glad when he is in the NFL...
                      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

Is Kayvon Thibodeaux coming out? That dude is an athletic freak that can flat out play. Damn, as a Ute fan I will be glad when he is in the NFL...
                        Not till 2022.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• chargerkdb
                          Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          I remember that Jamal Williams didn't blossom until his third year, but when he did - he was the best DT in the league.

All I'm saying is - there's still hope for our young DT's.
                          Jamal was a prototype 3-4 NT playing in a 4-3 his first 3 years. He truly blossomed when we switched to a 3-4 in his 4th or 5th year.

Comment

Working...
                          X