• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Just listened to a guy on the radio who said Mac Jones looked "Riversesque" at the Senior Bowl practices.
    He said he was a Mac Jones skeptic going in.

That type of talk makes me think Jones will be gone by #13, provided he actually is 6'3"

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
      Spoken like a true diva...pass...

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

You are absolutely correct, but it isn't our problem anymore...and in fact helps us. Here's to overreaching QB frenzy in the 2021 draft!:Cheers1:
        Mel Kiper may be right after all...

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

A little grace and humility goes a long way. Especially for rookies and unproven players. There’s a lot of voodoo in the NFL spirit world and nothing provokes its dark gods like hubris and unwarranted arrogance.

Remember the presser after Tua’s third start? Here’s a reminder:

“I expected it to be a lot harder,” Tua told Pro Football Talk, after beating the Los Angeles Chargers.

Then he went on to get benched and now there’s rumblings of him being hightailed out of Miami. Even his own teammates are dogging him.

Herbert on the other hand is the paragon of humility and it’s paying dividends.

The “money badger”™️ should take note.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

I didn’t interpret anything negative from Pitts’ comment but that’s a valid interpretation I suppose
            I just read it as confidence, ambition and eagerness

a must in the cluster at 13 imho
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Classic
              Hall Of Fame
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

First of it's twitter. Second almost every athlete believes in themselves more than every one else. Would you have preferred I'll be 234th best T.E to ever play?

Being a diva is having your dad say you aren't playing for a entire organization before you take a snap. Actually niw that I think about it thats being a Elisha.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                I didn’t interpret anything negative from Pitts’ comment but that’s a valid interpretation I suppose
                I just read it as confidence, ambition and eagerness

a must in the cluster at 13 imho
                I agree with topcat on this one. Everyone knows the NFL is way different than college. There’s is no guarantee you’ll succeed just because you have the measurables and productive in college. Maybe he is trying to get his draft stock up so he gets picked number one and get a larger contract. What if he doesn’t become the best? Then what? This is the reason why I like Gates and even HH. They just let their play do the talking.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
                  ~ Charger Fan ~
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Jupiter, FL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I agree with topcat on this one. Everyone knows the NFL is way different than college. There’s is no guarantee you’ll succeed just because you have the measurables and productive in college. Maybe he is trying to get his draft stock up so he gets picked number one and get a larger contract. What if he doesn’t become the best? Then what? This is the reason why I like Gates and even HH. They just let their play do the talking.
                  I remember a similar quote from Geno Smith!

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Pitts is probably one of the easiest projections ever
                    as safe as a prospect gets
                    only thing stopping him from being an elite receiver in the NFL is injury or being drafted by a team with a bottom 5 qb situation
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The only stud BYU QB ever was Steve Young and it took him years to be that stud. Jim McMahan was an average Joe. We'll see, its a different game but the play is still just as fast.
                      Same logic applied to Oregon a year ago. All they ever had was Fouts. The only college that can claim multiple quality starters in the NFL right now is OU. And really, that holds true for the last 20 years. And OU had Sam Bradford be a bust.

The point is, projecting a QB based on where they went to college does not come close to painting a complete picture.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

FYI
                        Brett Kollman has jeremiah owusu-koramoah over micah parsons
                        YouTube it, very interesting, essentially both a LB and nickle S you don’t have to take out
                        under sized but great measurable and smartest player

I still consider Parsons to be JOK on steroids and maybe switch out “smartest” for “instinctual”

but I’m always keeping in mind that the LB position is Staley’s baby, and the glaring fact is that JOK is from Notre Dame... so idk

kollman says JOK is perfect for Vic Fangios D which is another connection

Crazy but plausible
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                          Just listened to a guy on the radio who said Mac Jones looked "Riversesque" at the Senior Bowl practices.
                          He said he was a Mac Jones skeptic going in.

That type of talk makes me think Jones will be gone by #13, provided he actually is 6'3"
                          Chris Simms has him at #3. I really enjoyed his take on the six top QBs and he rates them all first rounders. This could be one of the most interesting QB drafts in a decade. I wouldn't be surprised if Jerrah takes a QB at #10 pick and tells Dak to take a hike.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X