X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    What's the word I am looking for? "SHIT!" comes to mind.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

What's the word I am looking for? "SHIT!" comes to mind.
      Ever think maybe he didn't fit Gus' scheme? Last year was essentially his rookie year

Comment

• Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Interesting comments regarding Bosa. "He is an edge player for us" "Let me make that perfectly clear"
        That is interesting. Is he going to play Bosa at OLB and not at DE if we are playing a 3-4?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

That is interesting. Is he going to play Bosa at OLB and not at DE if we are playing a 3-4?
          My guess, hand in the ground, standing up like Mack and Von - Bosa's job will be to get to the QB and do his thing in the run game.

Call it whatever the hell you want - but he will be utilized to the maximum ability I think under Staley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Ever think maybe he didn't fit Gus' scheme? Last year was essentially his rookie year
            I did consider that, but I think it is more like that he does not fit any scheme. Though I preferred Thornhill coming out of college, I thought Adderley was a good pick for us at the time.

But he has not done anything well so far. He was supposed to have CB coverage ability and he has struggled to cover anyone. His tackling has been poor. He has been injury prone.

I think Adderley is best left for a reserve role. I would sign Malik Hooker ASAP (assuming proper medical clearance) and use Adderley as our fallback option.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Yes. This is not news. He said the same thing months ago.
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

I think he felt that maybe there was a lot of confusion about it. Maybe hearing a lot of 4/5T mentions and never had that plan for him. I never had him pegged at one or the other personally. Kind of think it underutilizes his versatility. Id use him in an array of techniques.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I did consider that, but I think it is more like that he does not fit any scheme. Though I preferred Thornhill coming out of college, I thought Adderley was a good pick for us at the time.

But he has not done anything well so far. He was supposed to have CB coverage ability and he has struggled to cover anyone. His tackling has been poor. He has been injury prone.

I think Adderley is best left for a reserve role. I would sign Malik Hooker ASAP (assuming proper medical clearance) and use Adderley as our fallback option.
                  Oh yeah Hooker. He has played in 36 of a possible 64 career games. That would be better?

Im expecting an uptick for Adderley. We'll see how much. His role will be different. We are going to use two deep safeties now.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I mean the Rams didn’t even play a 3-4 the majority of the time last year. Here’s what one fan said.
                    There are also folks that don't actually know what Staley's scheme is, or at least was with the Rams, and so they'll try to project it purely as the formation (as if base formations matter much anymore anyway, it's all concepts and adjustments) Fangio used in Chicago and San Francisco, or as they put it "a 3-4." What Staley was running with the Rams wasn't a 3-4; we barely showed any odd-front looks that weren't 5-on-the-line, looking more akin to a 4-3 Under or 4-3 Over. But more often we were operating out of a 4-6 or "Super Nickel" with 3 safeties on the field quite a bit, sometimes with that 3rd safety seeing more time as the nickelback than a CB did. Now some of that may have been due to the fact that our (Rams) ILB's aren't exactly great and our slot corners (Troy Hill and David Long) weren't as strong of performers as the multi-tool safeties (Jordan Fuller, Taylor Rapp, and Terrell Burgess). The core concept behind Staley's scheme is a carry-over from Fangio: Be as illegible pre-snap to the opposition as possible. It's all about disguising the play-to-come so that the opposing QB and OC don't know who is coming on the blitz, who's dropping into coverage, and so forth.

One thing that Staley was really good at, that I would expect to carry over to him as a HC, was making mid-game adjustments and studying the hell out of the opposition.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      Im expecting an uptick for Adderley. We'll see how much. His role will be different. We are going to use two deep safeties now.
                      Agree. Not only was 2020 Adderley’s de facto rookie season, ya gotta remember he came from a D2, so there’s an extra wide learning curve.

Between that, and the fact that Gus wasn’t exactly playing to his strengths, I expect a higher level of play from Adderley in 2021.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I mean the Rams didn’t even play a 3-4 the majority of the time last year. Here’s what one fan said.
                        Yep. The golden ticket to that entire paragraph is:

“Be as illegible pre-snap to the opposition as possible.”

I’ve heard people in this forum rage against drafting defensive players who aren’t “true positional” prospects.

That’s BS. We’re not in 2012 anymore. Get over it.

It’s all about hybrids in Staley’s D. The more flex the better. We’ll se DJ playing S, LB, Nickel, EDGE, etc. Adding more players like that and lining them up all over the place in shifting formations is how you disguise a defense and make it impossible for QBs to execute pre-snap reads.

That’s what it’s all about.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                          San Diego Native
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Farmington, NM
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                          I expect a higher level of play from Adderley in 2022.
                          Did you mean 2021 because I'm hoping he has an impact this season?

Comment

Working...
                          X