Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I personally think he hopes high floor/low ceiling players over high ceiling/lower floor - especially R2-R6. Maybe in Round 1 you swing for talent. But to me, the Chargers just need a bunch of bunch at many positions. I get LT and CB are needs. But Telesco can really set the team up for years with a good solid draft.
    Isn’t this the case every year for every GM?
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
      If they pick Alabama WR with the 1st pick the forums will shut down with so much activity lol.
      I have mixed feelings on Smith mainly due to the size.

But Waddle is a different story. Just go check out his highlights on YouTube. That guy has got field-tilting speed. Over and over in this draft I've heard people talking about Pitts and saying that if you had the opportunity to draft Travis Kelce, you'd happily spend a top five pick to get him. Well, we might have the opportunity to spend the 13th pick on the closest thing to Tyreek Hill we've seen in awhile. His average TD reception was over 40 yards.

I'm a trencher and have been since I started closely following the draft almost 20 years agi. I wanted Eric Steinbach all the way back in 2003. I will be quite satisfied if we end up with Sewell, Slater, or Darrisaw. But to say that ending up with Waddle would be some sort of catastrophe is ridiculous. I know we have to protect Herbert. I know we need to build the line through the draft. But giving a franchise QB with a cannon for an arm a franchise WR with elite speed is something that I will happily get behind.

Furthermore, Waddle isn't the John Ross type of guy who is a speed demon but nothing else. He's got good hands, can make contested catches, and will break some tackles.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

TT spent most of his career, prior to the bolts, in Indiana.
        Our director of college scouting lives in Indiana.
        ND is iwhere?

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Will be interesting. I also wonder if it will affect prospects like E. Smith, Q. Meinerz, S. Brown, etc as their seasons were canceled.
          For those 3 players in particular, the fact that they showed up at the Senior Bowl sharp and in tip-top shape is huge.

Everyone knows about Meinerz’s preparation, but Spencer Brown had been training with Joe Staley and Elerson Smith completely transformed his body while retaining quickness and improving explosion.

Plus, they didn’t opt out. Say what you will about Covid risks, but for these guys there wasn’t a choice. Although that doesn’t help produce the film that TT covets, the off-field dedication cancels out the concerns—or at least alleviates them.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

They fit the culture but just like how his history of trading down - the results are mixed at best
            I think he over-values them to the point it is probably not helping his team like a good solid draft should

Last year picked Gilman and I think signed two UDFAs from Notre Dame. I think Tremble will be the pick and if its at 77 or 97 and he doesn't trade up for him - I am good with it I guess. I actually would be okay with the OL Hansen (Haisen) in R5
            Tillery is really the only questionable pick from ND.
            Most were day 3 prospects that got selected at appropriate slotting.

I don’t think people are giving enough thought to Gilman as our 3rd DS.
            He is quick, physical, impressive instincts, great tackler (little reckless), excellent ball disruption skills, and an outstanding information processor/high football IQ (green dot...lol).
            Perhaps he is a reason we let Rayshawn walk.

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Ninja I see you have Doaks as a 7th
              There is upside there and while I haven’t seen it, I hear he’s a decent pass blocker
              Originally though UDFA but a 7th to secure him would be nice
              2024: Far From Over

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Will be interesting. I also wonder if it will affect prospects like E. Smith, Q. Meinerz, S. Brown, etc as their seasons were canceled.
                Telesco puts a lot of stock in the Senior Bowl.....he's drafted loads of Senior Bowl players.
                I think they are all covered.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

I have mixed feelings on Smith mainly due to the size.

But Waddle is a different story. Just go check out his highlights on YouTube. That guy has got field-tilting speed. Over and over in this draft I've heard people talking about Pitts and saying that if you had the opportunity to draft Travis Kelce, you'd happily spend a top five pick to get him. Well, we might have the opportunity to spend the 13th pick on the closest thing to Tyreek Hill we've seen in awhile. His average TD reception was over 40 yards.

I'm a trencher and have been since I started closely following the draft almost 20 years agi. I wanted Eric Steinbach all the way back in 2003. I will be quite satisfied if we end up with Sewell, Slater, or Darrisaw. But to say that ending up with Waddle would be some sort of catastrophe is ridiculous. I know we have to protect Herbert. I know we need to build the line through the draft. But giving a franchise QB with a cannon for an arm a franchise WR with elite speed is something that I will happily get behind.

Furthermore, Waddle isn't the John Ross type of guy who is a speed demon but nothing else. He's got good hands, can make contested catches, and will break some tackles.
                  I just don't see the unworldly explosion from Waddle that i see in Tyreek. And then Tyreek is a compact little bastard that has basically avoided injuries.

You don't invest pick #13 on a 5'10" - 180 pound frame....period!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

He is quick, physical, impressive instincts, great tackler (little reckless), excellent ball disruption skills, and an outstanding information processor/high football IQ (green dot...lol).
                    Teo?

Watt was a decent draft pick....bad luck! We will see about Tranquil.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                      As the draft draws closer, I'm thinking the only 2 defenders I'm willing to take at 13 are Parsons and Surtain( too many unknowns about Farley and Horn)
                      This is just a really bad spot for us to be at.
                      And eliminate the WRs too. The problem is that Parsons will be there. And we could use him.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Even though he was a second rounder the Te'o pick has that ranking for me. Jury is still out on Tillery if he's good enough for at least solid rotation. Te'o is just junk.

:couch:
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Teo?

Watt was a decent draft pick....bad luck! We will see about Tranquil.
                          Teo was considered a first rounder at one point. I didn’t like his weird history and the fact that we traded up for him. But when he was healthy, which wasn’t often unfortunately, I thought he played really well. The 2014 Patriots game would have been his coming out party if we had won.

Edit: I liked the Tranquil pick much more.

Comment

Working...
                          X