• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    I like Basham, too. But I'm waiting until mid-2nd round to see who is there. As far as DE's go... Rousseau is tier 1 by himself. Then you have 6 or 7 DE's that are all really close in talent... tier 2.

Paye, Basham, Hutchinson, Odeyingbo, Tryon, Turner. But my favorite is Patrick Jones II. You could possibly wait until round 3 for a guy like Myjai Sanders, Rashad Weaver, or Jayson Oweh. But I want a DE that has proven production.

IMO, round 2 and 3 are loaded with talent... and I really don't want to trade those picks away. With 4 picks in the first 3 rounds, we could end up with 4 future starters. That's a good draft.
    You think Telesco drafts 4 future starters with 1, 2, 3 and 3 comp. Do you think any of them make it to a second contract.
    His track record says high unlikely those 4 picks. He Probably finds one player. Maybe 2.

​​​​​
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

You think Telesco drafts 4 future starters with 1, 2, 3 and 3 comp. Do you think any of them make it to a second contract.
      His track record says high unlikely those 4 picks. He Probably finds one player. Maybe 2.

​​​​​
      I don't trust Telesco at all
      His trade ups - well Murray is tbd but Te'O and Attaochu weren't worth it; Gordon was a RB - which you can find a lot of places.

Of the two - I am not a fan of Lynn but if I could only keep one - I would keep Lynn with a better GM that might be better at his job.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Really more damaged goods and crossing fingers it works out.
        This is even a better year to do a move back into top 25 as they likely have a 3rd rd comp you can use on your lottery ticket.
        While ill agree getting first round players is likely better they work out than lower picks but Basham isnt a must have for me.

He is a good player but there are a few other pass rushers i like as well. Basham as of right now very well could and probably will be there at 40. Patrick Jones could be as well though in my mocks using the same simulator Jax kept taking him @ 25 til some trades forced him down to 40 one time.

Not sure im buying these sims for realism but they do show anything can happen.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

While ill agree getting first round players is likely better they work out than lower picks but Basham isnt a must have for me.

He is a good player but there are a few other pass rushers i like as well. Basham as of right now very well could and probably will be there at 40. Patrick Jones could be as well though in my mocks using the same simulator Jax kept taking him @ 25 til some trades forced him down to 40 one time.

Not sure im buying these sims for realism but they do show anything can happen.
          The thing about Patrick Jones that I don't like in comparison to Basham is that the majority of Jones tackle for losses are the sacks he gets. Where Basham gets almost as many run tackles for losses as he does sacks. So that is another reason I have him as my targeted player. I find very little not to like about Basham. And one of the things I don't like is something I don't really want him doing to often like covering a RB in space. I see Basham as a great fit across from Bosa.

Bosa and Basham. I like the sound of that.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

lookin' @things right now, think team Tommy John takes the same approach @OT that they took w/QB last time 'round.... think they would be willing to draft any of the three.... Sewell, Slater or Darrisaw, and will take whichever is there for them in the top ten.... (prolly Slater me thinx ?)

and again, if you just gotta have LEO in round two, then yes again the both of Jones or Oweh is prolly your best bet, albeit am looking IOL @the top of round two personally, and while guessing team Tommy John might be looking CB @the top of the second ??

far as Surratt, he looks to be a heady player, and as Zaven Collins looks to be off the board by then.... personally still like the more physical guy in Palaie Gaoteote, albeit he might not be as adept @processing/recognition as the former QB ??
            Now that we've beaten Falcons and Raiders... maybe even Broncos this coming weekend... we'll be picking in the #9-12 range. Sewell will be long gone. Slater, Darrisaw, or Leatherwood make good targets at that range.

Initially, I was looking at IOL in round 2-3 also. Then I discovered that, by cutting Trai Turner, I could fill 2 positions along the OL (Linsley and Pocic) for nearly the same money. All of the sudden, I could start looking at LB and CB in the 3rd round and get my OT and DE in the 1st and 2nd.

I prefer Surratt to Gaoteote @LB because I think he's better in coverage. Once we get beyond Kyzir and Tranquil, the LBers are not great in coverage.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

what happened to your guy Brian Poole ??

not sure the return of DK is anything probable ??
              I'm not even sure who Brian Poole is... maybe you mixed me up with another poster...?
              You may be right... maybe DK doesn't want to return. If that is the case, then I'd go after Darqueeze Dennard (Falcons in cap trouble, too).
              The truth of the matter is that many teams (10-12) will be in cap trouble and unable to re-sign their own FA's. Expect a large number of available FA's this offseason. There will be numerous options for teams that have a good amount of cap space. I'd rather be in a position to sign who and what I want. I'd also like to get rid of some of the bloated salaries (who have to be re-signed the next year anyways).

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

​​​​​
                I've got a solution for that, too:

1. Fire Telesco
                2. Draft better.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Someone said Slater has short arms. OT Alex Leatherwood would be my pick @#12 (or wherever we end up).

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Someone said Slater has short arms. OT Alex Leatherwood would be my pick @#12 (or wherever we end up).
                    But he has great feet. Dont know what his arms are. I'd prefer to see when he is measured.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

But he has great feet. Dont know what his arms are. I'd prefer to see when he is measured.
                      Yeah, I don't buy into the "long arms" argument too much. I can see how long arms would be an advantage. But I agree, the feet/balance is more important. In all honesty, I've liked Alex Leatherwood for the last 2 years... even 3 years ago when he played guard.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Yeah, I don't buy into the "long arms" argument too much. I can see how long arms would be an advantage. But I agree, the feet/balance is more important. In all honesty, I've liked Alex Leatherwood for the last 2 years... even 3 years ago when he played guard.
                        What do you think of Myron Cunningham (OT) ARKANSAS, 6’7” / 325#.
                        JUCO transfer, big, physical, patient, excellent contact balance, smooth movement skills, but his hand placement needs work. Myron gained 25#s of muscle this past offseason.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Updated.........

Key Cuts / Trades
                          Casey Hayward ($8.75) - traded to Jags for pick 152 (round 5)
                          Trai Turner ($11.5)
                          Chris Harris Jr. ($11.25)

Key Unrestricted FA Lost
                          SupaMel ($16.65)
                          Mike Pouncey ($7.25)
                          Tyrod Taylor ($7.5)
                          VIrgil Green ($3.5)
                          Denzel Perryman ($7.5)
                          DSquare ($1.187)

Key Players Resigned / Contracts Restructured
                          Michael Davis - 5yr - ($60M)/$30G/$20SB/$7CH
                          Mike Williams - 4yr - ($44M)/$24G/$16SB/$7CH
                          Hunter Henry - 4yr -($40M)/$22G/$14SB/$6CH
                          Rayshawn Jenkins - 4yr - ($30M)/$16G/$12SB/$5CH
                          Sam Tevi - 3yr - ($16M)/$9G/$6SB/$4CH
                          Nick Vigil - 2yr - ($7)/$4G/3SB/$3CH
                          Forrest Lamp - 2yr - ($6M)/$3G/$2SB/$3CH
                          Linval Joseph - 2yr - ($14M)/$14G/$10SB/$6CH

* All RFA & ERFA will be resigned.

FA TARGETS
                          Dalvin Tomlinson (DT) - 5yr - ($55M)/$30G/$20SB/$7CH
                          Ted Karras (OC) - 4yr - ($36M)/$21G/$14SB/$6CH
                          Darqueze Dennard (CB) - 2yr - ($10M)/$6G/$4SB/$3.5CH
                          Fabian Moreau (CB) - 2yr - ($7M)/$3G/$3SB/$3CH

TOTAL 2021 Cap Space Used1) CALEB FARLEY - CB - VT - RJR - 6’2” / 207#
                          — #1 CB omb, fast, insane acceleration, elite ball skills, only 3 yrs as CB (former WR)
                          2) WALKER LITTLE - OT - STAN - SR - 6’7” / 320#
                          — Big, physical, high football IQ, strong, powerful people mover, excellent footwork, hand placement needs consistency
                          3A) JORDAN SMITH - DE - UAB - RJR - 6’7” / 255#
                          — Finisher, plays in opponents backfield, strong @ POA, amazing flexibility and bend, length for days
                          3B) LARRY BOROM - OT/OG - UMO - RJR - 6’6” / 332 -
                          — Huge dude with sweet feet, big bully, serves pancakes in stacks, excellent length/uses it, nasty/drives opponents into the grass, plays thru whistle, needs time @ OG before sliding out to OT
                          4) DAYO ODEYINGBO - DE - VANDY - SR - 6’6” / 276# - (TC)
                          — Long, powerful, excellent flexibility, high ceiling, heavy inaccurate hand strikes
                          5A) TONY POLJAN - TE - UVA - RSR - 6’7” / 265#
                          — Excellent hands, adequate blocker, high motor, developing route tree, physical YAC runner
                          5B) RHAMONDRE STEVENSON - RB - OKU - SR - 6’ / 240
                          — Power, vision, dynamic cutting ability, physical runner with 4.5 speed, ST Ace
                          6A) DIVINE DEABLO - DS/DLB - VT - RSR - 6’3” / 225# - (TC)
                          — Big, physical playmaker, added coverage chops for 3rd down, ST Ace
                          6B) MIKE STRACHAN - WR - CHARLESTON (WV) - SR - 6’5” / 225# - (TC)
                          — Huge catch radius, SPEED (Olympic caliber sprinter), physical, ST Ace
                          7) DAN MOORE JR - OG - TAMU - SR - 6’5” / 315# - (TC)
                          — 3 yr start @OLT, excellent vertical mover, good agility, physical, nasty finisher

Possible UDFA Targets - Conner Olson (OC/OG) - UMN - RSR - 6’5” / 310#
                          Spencer Brown (RB) UAB - SR - 6’ / 220#, Garret Wallow (LB) TCU - SR - 6’2” / 230#,
                          Josh Imatorbhebhe (WR) UIL/USC - RSR - 6’2” / 215#, Zyon McCollum (CB) SHSU - SR - 6’4” / 195#
                          Aaron Banks (OG) ND - SR - 6’5” / 325#, Zach Davidson (TE/P) UCM - RSR - 6’7” / 245#
                          Qwynnterrio Cole (DS/DLB) ASU - SR - 6’3” / 200#, Grant Hermanns (OT) PUR - RSR - 6’7” / 310#,
                          Lorenzo Neal Jr. (DT) PUR - RSR - 6’3” / 325#, Shawn Davis (DS) UFL - SR - 5’11” / 190#
                          Caleb Huntley (RB) BSU - SR - 5’10” / 230#, Kenny Deng (LB) CAL - RSR - 6’6” / 250#
                          Blake Hayes (P) UIL - SR - 6’6” / 215#, Riley Patterson (K) MEM - SR - 6’ / 190#
                          Michael Pitts (EDGE) UC - RSR - 6’4” / 250#, Zac Thomas (QB) APST - RSR - 6’1” / 210#

* Projected 53-Man Roster

OFFENSE (25)
                          QB - JH10, Easton Stick
                          RB - Austin Ekeler, Rhamondre Stevenson - (R), Joshua Kelly, Joe Reed
                          FB/HB - Gabe Nabers
                          WR - Keenan Allen, MikeDub, Jaylen Guyton, T. Johnson, J.K. Hill, Mike Strachan - (R)
                          TE - Hunter Henry, Donald Parham, Tony Poljan - (R)
                          OT - Bryan Bulaga, Sam Tevi, Trey Pipkins, Walker Little - (R)
                          OG - Forrest Lamp, Larry Borom - (R), Dan Moore Jr - (R)
                          OC - Ted Karras, Scott Quessenberry

Projected Starters Offense
                          QB - Justin Herbert
                          SKILL - Austin Ekeler, Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Jalen Guyton, Hunter Henry
                          OLINE - Walker Little - (R), Forrest Lamp, Ted Karras, Larry Borom - (R), Bryan Bulaga

DEFENSE (25)
                          DL - Linval Joseph, Davlin Tomlinson, Justin Jones, Jerry Tillery, Cortez Broughton, Joey Bosa, Jordan Smith - (R), Dayo Odeyingbo - (R)
                          EDGE/LB - Uchenna Nwosu, Emeke Egbule
                          LB - Kenneth Murray, Drue Tranquill, Kyzir White, Nick Vigil, B. J. Bello
                          DB - Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins, Nasir Adderley, Mike Davis, Darqueze Dennard, Fabian Moreau, Caleb Farley - (R), Divine Deablo - (R), Alohi Gilman, Brandon Facyson

Projected Starters Defense
                          DLINE - Joey Bosa, Justin Jones, Linval Joseph, Jordan Smith - (R)
                          LINEBACKERS - Kenneth Murray, Drue Tranquill
                          DBACKS - Mike Davis, Caleb Farley - (R), Fabian Moreau, Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins

PK - Mike Badgeley
                          PUNT - Blake Hayes - (R)
                          LS - Cole Mazza

(R) = rookie
                          (TC) = team captain
                          (M) = million
                          (G) = guaranteed
                          (SB) = signing bonus
                          (CH) = 2021 cap hit
                          Last edited by like54ninjas; 01-07-2021, 09:55 PM.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X