• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

I think DPOY Donald propped up Wade.

Regarding ND, there are three players who slot for us.
    OT.
    Coverage LB.
    C.

Oh no...
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

TY beach, ninja, Nutty.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
        Updated.........

This would include the 2021 draft of.......
        1) PENEI SEWELL - OT - UOR - JR - 6’6” / 330#
        — Best prospect in the draft
        2) PATRICK JONES II - DE/EDGE - PITT - RSR - 6’5” / 260# - (TC)
        — Excellent burst, huge motor
        3A) ROBERT ROCHELL - CB - UCA - RSR - 6’2” / 200#
        — Ideal M2M corner, physicality/speed/burst/ballskills
        3B) CHARLIE KOLAR - TE - ISU - RJR - 6’6” / 257#
        — Dual use TE with great hands
        4) ALARIC JACKSON - OT/OG - IOWA - RSR - 6’6” / 315# - (TC)
        — Physical OL prospect, may need 1-2 years playing OG before bumping out to ORT
        5) COBY BRYANT - CB - UC - SR - 6’1” / 198# - (TC)
        — Disruptive, physical with ballskills, ST Ace
        6A) DIVINE DEABLO - DS/DLB - VT - RSR - 6’3” / 225# - (TC)
        — Big, physical playmaker, added coverage chops for 3rd down, ST Ace
        6B) RHAMONDRE STEVENSON - RB - OKU - SR - 6’ / 240
        — Power, vision, dynamic cutting ability, physical runner, ST Ace
        7) DAELIN HAYES - DE/EDGE - ND - RSR - 6’4” / 258# - (TC)
        — Huge motor, flashes of brilliance

* Key Cuts
        Casey Hayward ($8.75)
        Trai Turner ($11.5)

I like your ideas!

Many TPB posters don't believe that Sewell will be there @#4. But the Bengals problems are on the IOL... not with their OT's. Bobby Hart's eventual replacement probably needs to be found this draft. But do they need to find him in the 1st round...? No. Like many TPB posters have pointed out, there will be OT starters in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. OT's better suited to play RT anyways. If I'm the Bengals, I'm drafting DE Gregory Rousseau.

Rousseau is the best pass rushing 4-3 DE in the draft... by a lot! I know most others are in love with Micah Parsons. But he's not even a 4-3 DE!. He's more of a 3-4 OLB. If you look at the Top-10 NFL pass rushers, all of the traditional 4-3 DE's on that list are 270+ lbs. Even the 3-4 OLB's on that list (Dupree, Smith, Pierre-Paul) are 270 lbs. The only 250 lb OLB you find there is TJ Watt. Parsons is an OLB, not a DE. He'll be drafted as a 3-4 OLB or a MLB in either scheme.

Rousseau has the strength that Parsons lacks. Strength that a 4-3 DE relies upon. Again, look at the NFL sacks leaders for 4-3 DE's. These guys are more strong and long than they are fast (Hendrickson, Garrett, Ogbah, Hyder, Bosa). Garrett and Bosa have good speed... but they make their hay with inside counters and spins... moves available to them because they have the strength to dispatch 320 lb tackles who are a bit off-balance. Rousseau is already 6'7" and 265 lbs. He'll easily hold another 15-20 lbs. And let's point out that many of his sacks were against OT's and OG's. Miami lined him up everywhere along the LOS. He wasn't running un-touched up the middle, taking advantage of RB's that missed their assignments. He was splitting double teams and muscling his way toward the QB... often collapsing a pocket even when he wasn't getting a sack. If Cincinnati is stupid enough to over-invest in the OT position (2nd Top-10 pick in 2 years) then I'll gladly take Rousseau to pair with Bosa...

I know of some of your draft picks (and agree with their talent/slot). I've had trouble finding good tape on a couple players (Bryant, Stevenson). I'll check out a few of your players that weren't on my radar (Deablo, Rochelle, and Hayes). I really liked your idea of putting Alaric Jackson at guard. I noticed you cut Turner and added Alaris as a guard... I like that idea. Certainly a consideration. It would give us $11.5 million to re-sign with... or even use in FA. Smart.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I like your ideas!

Many TPB posters don't believe that Sewell will be there @#4. But the Bengals problems are on the IOL... not with their OT's. Bobby Hart's eventual replacement probably needs to be found this draft. But do they need to find him in the 1st round...? No. Like many TPB posters have pointed out, there will be OT starters in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. OT's better suited to play RT anyways. If I'm the Bengals, I'm drafting DE Gregory Rousseau.

Rousseau is the best pass rushing 4-3 DE in the draft... by a lot! I know most others are in love with Micah Parsons. But he's not even a 4-3 DE!. He's more of a 3-4 OLB. If you look at the Top-10 NFL pass rushers, all of the traditional 4-3 DE's on that list are 270+ lbs. Even the 3-4 OLB's on that list (Dupree, Smith, Pierre-Paul) are 270 lbs. The only 250 lb OLB you find there is TJ Watt. Parsons is an OLB, not a DE. He'll be drafted as a 3-4 OLB or a MLB in either scheme.

Rousseau has the strength that Parsons lacks. Strength that a 4-3 DE relies upon. Again, look at the NFL sacks leaders for 4-3 DE's. These guys are more strong and long than they are fast (Hendrickson, Garrett, Ogbah, Hyder, Bosa). Garrett and Bosa have good speed... but they make their hay with inside counters and spins... moves available to them because they have the strength to dispatch 320 lb tackles who are a bit off-balance. Rousseau is already 6'7" and 265 lbs. He'll easily hold another 15-20 lbs. And let's point out that many of his sacks were against OT's and OG's. Miami lined him up everywhere along the LOS. He wasn't running un-touched up the middle, taking advantage of RB's that missed their assignments. He was splitting double teams and muscling his way toward the QB... often collapsing a pocket even when he wasn't getting a sack. If Cincinnati is stupid enough to over-invest in the OT position (2nd Top-10 pick in 2 years) then I'll gladly take Rousseau to pair with Bosa...

I know of some of your draft picks (and agree with their talent/slot). I've had trouble finding good tape on a couple players (Bryant, Stevenson). I'll check out a few of your players that weren't on my radar (Deablo, Rochelle, and Hayes). I really liked your idea of putting Alaric Jackson at guard. I noticed you cut Turner and added Alaris as a guard... I like that idea. Certainly a consideration. It would give us $11.5 million to re-sign with... or even use in FA. Smart.
          Lol, well gee, that's like asking if we need to replace our OT in the first round. What kind of is question is that?

BPA and they have a shitty OL.
          They can get a OG later as well like the second round or FA'cy. They have a #1 pick QB to protect coming off a knee reconstruction from the shitty OL.

Sure they need a pass rusher like we do but Rousseau isn't BPA there.

its the Bengals, maybe they pick a safety lol
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-01-2020, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Tillery. Bosa. Rousseau.
            What, are we trying to put together a beach volleyball team or something ?

It's all about Kwity.
            Speed to power.
            Set the EDGE.
            ​​​Closing burst.
            And he reminds me of Supa.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Id agree with some of your replies.If we are going to go RB early, why not just go get Harris? Verdel isnt a bigger RB and frankly id rather have Etienne over him if we go that size RB.

And i sure dont see a 7th round WR as replacing Tyron Johnson. He has 2 years now of NFL experience and making plays when he gets his chance while our other 5th and 7th rounders ride the pine. Not sure a late round NT will be better than Square though Square is no NT who is listed as Joseph's backup on our depth chart.
              I can see us getting a RB later in the draft... I'm not married to a RB pick in the 3rd. Etienne would require an early 2nd round pick (if he's even there that late). I'm reserving my 1st/2nd round picks for OT/DE... both of those positions don't translate well to the 3rd round. CB/OC/LB could easily be drafted with the 3rd rounders. I just don't see a big drop off at CB or LB until the 4th/5th round (which is where I took my LB and CB).

Not sure why you're so high on T. Johnson. He's a FA with 5 receptions to his name. Emezie is a bigger bodied receiver. I mean, it's the 7th round...
              DT is pretty deep... again, it's the 6th round and I think I found some good value there. Have you watched these two players...?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

I can see us getting a RB later in the draft... I'm not married to a RB pick in the 3rd. Etienne would require an early 2nd round pick (if he's even there that late). I'm reserving my 1st/2nd round picks for OT/DE... both of those positions don't translate well to the 3rd round. CB/OC/LB could easily be drafted with the 3rd rounders. I just don't see a big drop off at CB or LB until the 4th/5th round (which is where I took my LB and CB).

Not sure why you're so high on T. Johnson. He's a FA with 5 receptions to his name. Emezie is a bigger bodied receiver. I mean, it's the 7th round...
                DT is pretty deep... again, it's the 6th round and I think I found some good value there. Have you watched these two players...?
                I didn't I didn't say I was high on Johnson. What I said was why get a 7th round wide receiver who you say will replace him when he is probably going to sit the bench for a couple years when Johnson is ready after sitting himself.
                A 7th round wide receiver is most likely a practice squad player as Reed and Hill should get better with their experience.

We should of went WR earlier at least once the last two drafts.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-01-2020, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  Tillery. Bosa. Rousseau.

It's all about Kwity.
                  Speed to power.
                  Set the EDGE.
                  ​​​Closing burst.
                  Freak athlete who’s got a low football IQ, SupaMel length, inadequate disengagement skills, and a lack of production. He only has 1 season of double digit TFL and has never had more than 6.5 sacks.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    Tillery. Bosa. Rousseau.

It's all about Kwity.
                    Speed to power.
                    Set the EDGE.
                    ​​​Closing burst.
                    Kwity has 8.5 sacks his last 2 years
                    Melvin had 19 sacks his last 2 years (in college).
                    Patrick Jones II has 17.5 sacks his last 2 years.

Woody calls Patrick Jones in the 2nd round "too high". Then says Kwity = Melvin. I say Woody is "too high".

BTW... Rousseau had 15.5 sacks last year.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Tijuana
                      • Send PM

1. OT Sewell (replace Tevi)
                      2. DE Patrick Jones (replace Ingram)
                      3. OC Landon Dickerson (replaces Feeney)
                      3. RB CJ Verdel (replace JJ add depth)
                      4. LB Monte Rice (move Murray Jr. to MIKE to replace Perryman, Rice plays SAM)
                      5. CB Keith Taylor (replaces Facyson, depth at CB)
                      6. TE Zach Davidson (replace Stephen Anderson)
                      6. DT Neil Farrell (replace Square)
                      7. WR Emeka Emezie (replace Tyron Johnson)

Isaac Rochelle RFA
                      TeVaughn Campbell ERFA
                      Gabe Nabers ERFA
                      Ty Long ERFA
                      you lost me at a RB in the third before a CB

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Better have another look at Paye's explosion index.

I am surprised that the closing speed doesn't jump out at you.

That is what I am seeing.

He is a perfect fit to replace Ingram.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I didn't I didn't say I was high on Johnson. What I said was why get a 7th round wide receiver who you say will replace him when he is probably going to sit the bench for a couple years when Johnson is ready after sitting himself.
                          A 7th round wide receiver is most likely a practice squad player as Reed and Hill should get better with their experience.

We should of went WR earlier at least once the last two drafts.
                          Emeka Emezie is 6'3" 220 lbs. He had a very good season 2018 with Ryan Finlay at QB.
                          NC State wide receiver Emeka Emezie finished the 2018 season with 53 catches, 616 receiving yards, and 5 touchdowns. Here are the top plays from Emezie's 201...

He had an underwhelming 2019 without Finlay. But the talent is there... when you can get the ball to him.
                          Emeka Emezie turned in a WR1 season in Raleigh with 576 receiving yards and two touchdowns to power the Wolfpack. You can find all of Emezie's highlights fro...

He's completely undervalued right now. He's physical and fights for the ball... things Tyron doesn't bring to the field. Tyron's game is more like KJ Hill's game. You already have KJ on next year's roster, while Johnson is a FA. Seems kind of redundant. Other than Mike Williams, who do you have that is physical and fights for jump balls...?

Show me a player in the 7th round that is better...

Comment

Working...
                          X