• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

King isnt coming back lol. What makes you think he would? He wasnt happy here for whatever reason.
    The reason he wasn't happy here was because he wasn't getting playing time. I know how to fix that:

1. Fire Gus
    2. Cut Chris Harris

King is a rental in Tennessee. They're in cap trouble next year.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

hah !! ghost has 9 OTs, and now you've got 11 DEs.... omg/oy veh !!

if you trim it to two of 'em, think that yes, PJ2 is one of 'em and Oweh is the other, and.... think you've got to use a second on the either of 'em.
      3 or 4 DE's go in the 1st round, then 3 or 4 more in the 2nd round.... you're out of DE's. Or taking chances in round 3.
      And yes, DE in the 2nd round looks right.

My hopes:
      #11 (after we beat DEN this weekend): OT Slater/Leatherwood
      round 2: DE Patrick Jones II
      round 3a: LB (Surratt?)
      round 3b: CB

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Roster Build 2021:

Cuts: Trai Turner, Mike Williams, Casey Hayward, Chris Harris. 43 million in savings. 75 million total cap space.

FA signings: OC Corey Linsley, CB Desmond King, CB Mike Hilton, OG Ethan Pocic and OG Danny Isadora. Approximately 25 million. 50 million cap space left.
        Re-signing: Hunter Henry, Virgil Green, Michael Davis, Tevaughn Campbell, Nick Vigil, Forrest Lamp, Isaac Rochelle, Rayshawn Jenkins, Tyron Johnson, and Gabe Nabers. Approximately 35 million. 15 million cap space left.

Draft:
        1st: OT: Rashawn Slater
        2nd: DE Patrick Jones II
        3rd: LB Chazz Surratt
        3rd: CB Elijah Molden
        4th: WR Elijah Moore
        5th: RB CJ Verdell
        6th: OC Jarrett Patterson
        6th: RB Trey Ragas
        7th: DT Neil Farrell Jr.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

QB: Herbert, Stick
          RB: Kelley, Ekeler, Verdell, Ragas, Nabers
          WR: Allen, Guyton, Johnson, Moore, Hill, Reed
          TE: Henry, Green, Parham, Anderson
          OT: Slater, Bulaga, Pipkins, Norman
          OG: Lamp, Pocic, Isadora
          OC: Linsley, Patterson

DE: Bosa, Jones, Nwosu, Rochelle
          DT: Joseph, Tilley, Jones, Broughton, Ferrell
          WLB: Surratt, White
          MIKE: Murray, Tranquil
          SAM: Vigil, Egbule
          CB: Davis, King, Hilton, Molden, Campbell
          FS: Adderly, Jenkins
          SS: James, Gilman

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

3 or 4 DE's go in the 1st round, then 3 or 4 more in the 2nd round.... you're out of DE's. Or taking chances in round 3.
            And yes, DE in the 2nd round looks right.

My hopes:
            #11 (after we beat DEN this weekend): OT Slater/Leatherwood
            round 2: DE Patrick Jones II
            round 3a: LB (Surratt?)
            round 3b: CB
            lookin' @things right now, think team Tommy John takes the same approach @OT that they took w/QB last time 'round.... think they would be willing to draft any of the three.... Sewell, Slater or Darrisaw, and will take whichever is there for them in the top ten.... (prolly Slater me thinx ?)

and again, if you just gotta have LEO in round two, then yes again the both of Jones or Oweh is prolly your best bet, albeit am looking IOL @the top of round two personally, and while guessing team Tommy John might be looking CB @the top of the second ??

far as Surratt, he looks to be a heady player, and as Zaven Collins looks to be off the board by then.... personally still like the more physical guy in Palaie Gaoteote, albeit he might not be as adept @processing/recognition as the former QB ??
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Roster Build 2021:

Cuts: Trai Turner, Mike Williams, Casey Hayward, Chris Harris. 43 million in savings. 75 million total cap space.

FA signings: OC Corey Linsley, CB Desmond King, CB Mike Hilton, OG Ethan Pocic and OG Danny Isadora. Approximately 25 million. 50 million cap space left.
              Re-signing: Hunter Henry, Virgil Green, Michael Davis, Tevaughn Campbell, Nick Vigil, Forrest Lamp, Isaac Rochelle, Rayshawn Jenkins, Tyron Johnson, and Gabe Nabers. Approximately 35 million. 15 million cap space left.
              what happened to your guy Brian Poole ??

not sure the return of DK is anything probable ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Agree on Jones, not on Paye. My sleeper is Koonce.
                Khalil Mack 2.0 ....not bad for speculation ??

and agree, Paye is just SupaMel 2.0 and maybe not even that ??

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Roster Build 2021:

Draft:
                  1st: OT: Rashawn Slater
                  2nd: DE Patrick Jones II
                  3rd: LB Chazz Surratt
                  3rd: CB Elijah Molden
                  4th: WR Elijah Moore
                  5th: RB CJ Verdell
                  6th: OC Jarrett Patterson
                  6th: RB Trey Ragas
                  7th: DT Neil Farrell Jr.

I like the idea of Linsley at OC Either he or Andrews
                  I am not sure both Hayward and Harris will be waived but one of them is going I would think
                  Mike Williams - either he will be signed for a much friendlier deal for the team or offer rescinded. PErsonally, I let him test the waters and see what the market thinks
                  Trai Turner is a tough one - but if you can get better - get better. But make sure you use that money if you cut him on a free agent and do not wait for the draft

I like that when you cut a player you used the direct money in free agency, to replace the player. And than you have the draft to fill out the roster

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Trading multiple picks for a kicker is different than just trading for a kicker that isn't the top kicker all time. Your target.... IF he was even ever available, which I doubt would cost a lot.

Basham at #9 would suck. Trading up for him maybe but I'm not trading away picks this year though pass rushers aren't a strong class thus year.
                    We need OL bad and trading away two early picks would be a disaster.

And picking those WRs isn't some genius move. Shit that was perhaps one of the best classes ever. Many people mentioned Metcalf and Brown. The class was loaded and good ones lasted to the sixth round.

If only you could spot bad coaching.
                    Do you trust Telesco to get you some great groceries in rd 2 and rd 3. His track record isn't very good there.

What's more of a disaster, using the 2nd and 3rd and getting little to nothing from them. Or seeing Basham-DE become a pro bowl double digit sack player for another team. While Telesco 2nd and 3rd rd picks turn out to be Pipkins and Tuerk or Watt. They could turn into Lamp and Feeney. Serviceable.

There is some benefit into trading into rd 1.
                    You are getting another top 25 prospect on your board and you also get a 5th year option with that pick.

And again you are using 3 picks to get 2 players. So only losing one pick in that deal. And you have free agency to get an experienced veteran to make up for the one player you didn't add because of the trade. That player can potentially be a pro bowl caliber lineman like Thuney-LG.
                    Disaster averted.
                    Last edited by Critty; 12-23-2020, 10:30 AM.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Do you trust Telesco to get you some great groceries in rd 2 and rd 3. His track record isn't very good there.

What's more of a disaster, using the 2nd and 3rd and getting little to nothing from them. Or seeing Basham-DE become a pro bowl double digit sack player for another team. While Telesco 2nd and 3rd rd picks turn out to be Pipkins and Tuerk or Watt. They could turn into Lamp and Feeney. Serviceable.

There is some benefit into trading into rd 1.
                      You are getting another top 25 prospect on your board and you also get a 5th year option with that pick.

And again you are using 3 picks to get 2 players. And you have free agency to get an experienced veteran to make up for the one player you didn't add because of the trade. That player can potentially be a pro bowl caliber lineman like Thuney-LG.
                      Disaster averted.
                      It's like the lottery, you can't win if you don't play.
                      Keenan was a third round pick so I'll take the chances.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Trading multiple picks for a kicker is different than just trading for a kicker that isn't the top kicker all time. Your target.... IF he was even ever available, which I doubt would cost a lot.

Basham at #9 would suck. Trading up for him maybe but I'm not trading away picks this year though pass rushers aren't a strong class thus year.
                        We need OL bad and trading away two early picks would be a disaster.

And picking those WRs isn't some genius move. Shit that was perhaps one of the best classes ever. Many people mentioned Metcalf and Brown. The class was loaded and good ones lasted to the sixth round.

If only you could spot bad coaching.
                        Well I wanted to replace Steichen with Bieniemy last year and also give Eric the title of assistant HC.
                        I would assume the offense would be a bit different with Beiniemy calling plays. Plus I like having someone in the building who was just working with Andy Reid. The team to beat in the division. Thought adding him would be useful.

​​​​​​Think the run on one of those play calls in with late game clock ticking had Lynn glaring at Steichen and waving his arm at him to throw the damn ball there. Don't think he needs to tell Eric that. And Eric was a RB too.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

It's like the lottery, you can't win if you don't play.
                          Keenan was a third round pick so I'll take the chances.
                          Really more damaged goods and crossing fingers it works out.
                          This is even a better year to do a move back into top 25 as they likely have a 3rd rd comp you can use on your lottery ticket.

Comment

Working...
                          X