• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
    Did Vrabel commit to the draft? I know Lucas is returning to ASU. What’s your updated Chargers mock?
    I will update pretty soon -- no hurry.

This is about a possible draft strategy, as much as my personal slotting of talent.

YMMV.

I reiterate, in an effort to get Trenchers out of tunnel vision mode,
    there will be groups of tiered Olinemen available @ #13, #45, #77, ~ #97, #116.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Azeez Ojulari
      Jay Tufele
      Hunter Long
      Brady Christensen
      Chase Lucas
      Tyler Vrabel
      James Empey
      Master Teague III
      JaCoby Stevens v1

Archived.
      Posted ~ 12.26.20

Interesting choices, Wood.

We've already discussed Ojulari. With the change in HC, do you think we may be changing to a 3-4? Do we have the personnel? Do you see Ojulari as a 3-4 OLB?

Tufele comes out of Todd Orland's 3-4 system. Although I believe that Tufele also played in a 4-3 base before Orlando got there. I'm surprised to see a DT this high. Are we giving up on Jerry Tillery so quickly...? Are we moving DL pieces around in a 3-4...?

Hunter Long would be a good weapon for JH in case we're moving on from HH. Doesn't offer the inline skills of HH.

Christensen and Empy, huh? Must really like BYU tape. I question whether these guys have gone against quality opponents (especially in 2020). Are these starters or depth? Are you re-signing Tevi, Lamp, and Feeney? Give me your OL plan. I'm concerned.

Lucas and Vrabel are returning.

I like Teague and Stevens (if they are there that late).

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Bolt Dude/Boltnut, I will follow up within a couple of days.

We all will scramble for new takes with Staley's propensity for some Man Coverage and Eagle/Hybrid fronts.

Off the top of my head, I would sub Ambry Thomas for Chase Lucas, David Moore for Tyler Vrabel.

Ojulari should still be fine, but don't you two savvy drafters strongly suspect that Leonard Floyd is coming to town, err heading down the hallway ?

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

We all will scramble for new takes with Staley's propensity for some Man Coverage and Eagle/Hybrid fronts.

Off the top of my head, I would sub Ambry Thomas for Chase Lucas, David Moore for Tyler Vrabel.

Ojulari should still be fine, but don't you two savvy drafters strongly suspect that Leonard Floyd is coming to town, err heading down the hallway ?
          We cant mock on suspicions lol. Mock til it happens then chance accordingly.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We cant mock on suspicions lol. Mock til it happens then chance accordingly.
            LOL.
            I am itching for the offense to become apparent.
            Who's our Oline coach ?

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Interesting choices, Wood.

We've already discussed Ojulari. With the change in HC, do you think we may be changing to a 3-4? Do we have the personnel? Do you see Ojulari as a 3-4 OLB?

Tufele comes out of Todd Orland's 3-4 system. Although I believe that Tufele also played in a 4-3 base before Orlando got there. I'm surprised to see a DT this high. Are we giving up on Jerry Tillery so quickly...? Are we moving DL pieces around in a 3-4...?

Hunter Long would be a good weapon for JH in case we're moving on from HH. Doesn't offer the inline skills of HH.

Christensen and Empy, huh? Must really like BYU tape. I question whether these guys have gone against quality opponents (especially in 2020). Are these starters or depth? Are you re-signing Tevi, Lamp, and Feeney? Give me your OL plan. I'm concerned.

Lucas and Vrabel are returning.

I like Teague and Stevens (if they are there that late).

Rams Wire is up on a few of your questions: #1 Yes. The Chargers are switching to a 3-4.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Yeah. Do this.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

https://apnews.com/article/nfl-los-a...0b445f764995a9

Undrafted Rams CB Darious Williams earns job opposite Ramsey

If Coach Staley, in time, says he can solve our corner problem w/ Darious Williams, that gives flexibility to target other positions in dire need. (EDGE, OT, C)

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Floyd traveling cross town crossed my mind. Wouldn't he be more expensive than bringing CB Troy Hill in...? If we're going 3-4, I'm certainly more open-minded to your Ojulari choice. Are you open-minded to OLB Zaven Collins instead? 3-4 OLB slots pretty well @#13.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Floyd traveling cross town crossed my mind. Wouldn't he be more expensive than bringing CB Troy Hill in...? If we're going 3-4, I'm certainly more open-minded to your Ojulari choice. Are you open-minded to OLB Zaven Collins instead? 3-4 OLB slots pretty well @#13.
                      Agreed.
                      Zaven is a good prospect.
                      ​​​​​​Round 1 ~#20.

Troy Hill ? will delve into that.
                      Now, I've got to ponder 4i .
                      Still detaching from gusD model.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Agreed.
                        Zaven is a good prospect.
                        ​​​​​​Round 1 ~#20.

Troy Hill ? will delve into that.
                        Now, I've got to ponder 4i .
                        Still detaching from gusD model.
                        Yep. I was looking for a coverage LB for the 4-3 (Chazz Surratt). Now, I'm considering bringing Perryman back and finding depth behind him later in the draft (Garrett Wallow?).

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Yep. I was looking for a coverage LB for the 4-3 (Chazz Surratt). Now, I'm considering bringing Perryman back and finding depth behind him later in the draft (Garrett Wallow?).
                          Good football ideas.
                          I am gonna follow up later with brief comments on the rest of my mock.
                          I was so proud yesterday.
                          Now it's obsolete.

BTW Nutty. I remember some of your LBs. Fred Warner. Matt Milano. Props on Linsley then and now. Rookie Centers (other than Ragnow/McCoy have been a mixed bag.)
                          ​​
                          Time to evolve. I think Campen is still here. The D is in need of some changes IMV !

Edit: No Campen--no Linsley. Bulaga...retire please.
                          Last edited by wu-dai clan; 01-19-2021, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X