Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Eagle Front might look like this.

Ojulari.....Perryman....Tranquill....Murray
    Nwosu
    .......Vigil............KWhite.....Egbule

.....Tufele.........Joseph........Bosa
    ......JJones.......Fehoko........Tillery............Rochell (Hybrid DL)

Tranquil.

Edit: looked perfect on laptop--jumbled mess on smartphone. sorry
    Last edited by wu-dai clan; 01-20-2021, 08:02 PM.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Nwosu

Tranquil.
      Perhaps but probably not lol.

Trade Kyzir, not Sure Egbule is a keeper either but we'll see. We may sign Floyd and id love to get Ojulari. Hec we may draft Barmore first round.
      Murray probably inside. Too hard to predict right now. This isnt Wades defense we are running.

Have to wait for FA'cy imo which wil give a better picture.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-20-2021, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Is Bud Dupree a FA we should pursue?
        Coming off an ACL shortened season but is only 28, ascending, and produces at the coveted OLB/RUSH LB.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
          Is Bud Dupree a FA we should pursue?
          Coming off an ACL shortened season but is only 28, ascending, and produces at the coveted OLB/RUSH LB.
          I loved Bud Dupree (I mocked him to us many times). But now...? Too expensive. Find the next Bud Dupree in the draft. Zaven Collins is a good comp (IMO). Good overall LB (pass rush and coverage). And ver similar sizes/physical qualities.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Good football ideas.
            I am gonna follow up later with brief comments on the rest of my mock.
            I was so proud yesterday.
            Now it's obsolete.

BTW Nutty. I remember some of your LBs. Fred Warner. Matt Milano. Props on Linsley then and now. Rookie Centers (other than Ragnow/McCoy have been a mixed bag.)
            ​​
            Time to evolve. I think Campen is still here. The D is in need of some changes IMV !

Edit: No Campen--no Linsley. Bulaga...retire please.
            LOL! Thanks, Wood. Drafting can be a crapshoot sometimes. I think you ended up nailing Dion Dawkins when I couldn't envision him RT... much less, LT. And you always seem to get every WR right. I always appreciate the work you do. Alright, enough of this love-fest... let's get back to arguing...

I'm still on the Linsley bandwagon. With (or without) Campen, Linsley could thrive anywhere. I liked the inside-track Campen angle... but that may not leverage the deal any more.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Nwosu

Tranquil.
              That actually looks pretty tempting...

Wondering if Murray might be p[laying that "Jack" position you were talking about yesterday. Might be a good idea to get Uchenna, OLB draft pick, and Murray on the field at the same time.

Ojulari (or Collins) Perryman Murray Jr. Nwosu

If you sent 4 rushers (3 DL and a LB)... your LB could come from any of those spots... Staley could be Master of Disguise if he could get those 4 on the field at the same time.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Azeez Ojulari
                Jay Tufele
                Hunter Long
                Brady Christensen
                Chase Lucas edit: '22 Draft ! sub Ambrey Thomas
                Tyler Vrabel edit: '22 Draft ? sub David Moore
                James Empey
                Master Teague III
                JaCoby Stevens v1

Archived.
                Posted ~ 12.26.20
                Ojulari/Tufele...covered earlier.

Hunter Long
                Inline TE. Direct replacement for Hunter Henry. Good, not great all around game. Excellent catch radius. Not as good as Henry in blocking, route running, athleticism. Very serviceable in our system. I have a mid round three grade here.

Brady Christensen
                OLT. Definitely plays with more urgency than Pipkins. Lots of experience in pass pro. Pluses included maturity and experience. Adequate in other phases of Oline play. A moderate floor/moderate ceiling prospect. I have him pencilled in as left side Oline depth to develop behind our starters. Not bad @ ~ #110.
                Edit: Brandon Thorn highly regarded trench pundit (yes there is such a thing) says Christensen is a real good fit for LAC. Brady's position coach at BYU, who previously coached Lion's excellent Center Frank Ragnow, gives Brady an even higher grade in Pass Pro. I think I found a nugget here folks.

Ambry Thomas.
                Much needed MAN Corner to add to our population.

David Moore
                ORG Direct replacement for Trai. 6'2" 315# with very long arms and a mean streak. I expect this Grambling prospect to shine in Mobile next week vs elevated level of competition.

James Empey.
                Much experience in the pivot at BYU. Smart signal caller. Good in pass pro. Questions involve anchor. Depth behind Feeney vs Qberry.

Master Teague III
                Athleticism is plain to see immediately. Excellent size to speed ratio. Vision, power and burst are pluses. Big upside and potentially perfect complement to EK.

JaCoby Stevens
                Oversized Safety with ball skills converts to Jack/Coverage LB and ST ace. Hey it's round 7.
                Last edited by wu-dai clan; 01-23-2021, 06:10 PM.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

That actually looks pretty tempting...

Wondering if Murray might be p[laying that "Jack" position you were talking about yesterday. Might be a good idea to get Uchenna, OLB draft pick, and Murray on the field at the same time.

Ojulari (or Collins) Perryman Murray Jr. Nwosu

If you sent 4 rushers (3 DL and a LB)... your LB could come from any of those spots... Staley could be Master of Disguise if he could get those 4 on the field at the same time.
                  I like the idea of Ojulari or Collins (or Parsons if he falls by some miracle) in that OLB spot. Getting Tufele on that front would be epic, too. And I agree with ya, Murray at Jack and Nwosu on the edge just feels right.

But how do you feel about the possibility of signing Floyd and saving that 1st rounder? I’m down with it. Floyd and Staley seem to have a lot of chemistry, and Floyd could be the bridge between existing players and the new system. I dunno, seems logical.

I know Campen’s gone and that seems to hurt our chances of getting Linsley. But I don’t think it’s a totally deal killer either—not if the money’s right. Linsley and Floyd are my favorite potential FA acquisitions.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Here’s my Eagle Front vision:

OLB: Sign Floyd. Start Nwosu and Floyd. Draft Snowden in the 4th for depth.

ILB: Start Murray and Tranquil.

D-line: Draft Tufele in the 2nd (may have to move up tho).

Start Bosa, Joseph, and Tufele.

Draft Tonga in the 5th for NT depth behind Joseph.

At #13: Draft Farley, Surtain, Slater or AVT.

If #13 is a CB: Target best tackle available in the 3rd. Could be Little, Jenkins, Spencer Brown, Christianson...

If #13 is an OT: Target best CB available in the 3rd. Could be Newsome II, Adebo, Rodarius Williams, Aubrey Thomas, Keith Taylor...

At #97: Could go slot corner here. Love Molden (wishful thinking—he’ll be gone) or Lenoir from Oregon. Could also go guard at #97 and grab someone like Cleveland or Moore.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Looks pretty good... already giving up on Tillery? Maybe Staley gets something more out of Tillery... maybe he turns into Brockers. Remember Brockers had a slow start.
                      I'm using my 2nd round pick on OT. Kinda chancey to wait until the 3rd. Besides, I'm using my 3rd rounder on best available CB. CB is kinda deep this year. I love Molden, too. Newsome, Adebo, Williams, Thomas... all good choices. I'd add Graham Jr. and Bynum to the list.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                        Looks pretty good... already giving up on Tillery? Maybe Staley gets something more out of Tillery... maybe he turns into Brockers. Remember Brockers had a slow start.
                        I'm using my 2nd round pick on OT. Kinda chancey to wait until the 3rd. Besides, I'm using my 3rd rounder on best available CB. CB is kinda deep this year. I love Molden, too. Newsome, Adebo, Williams, Thomas... all good choices. I'd add Graham Jr. and Bynum to the list.
                        Haven't given up on Tillery...not yet.

But I think a 3-man front consisting of Tillery, Bosa and Joseph won't be stout enough at the POA.

Here's the way I see it (and please forgive the vast over-simplifications):

Remember that awesome 3-4 defense under Wade Philips, circa ~2005-2008? The two DEs on either side of Jamal Williams were Luis Castillo and Igor Olshansky.
                        Castillo was pretty good at getting off blockers and creating havoc in the backfield.
                        Olshansky excelled at absorbing blockers and disrupting blocking schemes at the LoS. Olshansky's pure power was legendary (41 reps at the combine), so this role was perfect for him.
                        Jamal was the ideal anchor between them.

The arrangement worked well and allowed Merriman and Philips to dominate the edges.

In our 3-4 I see Bosa playing the Castillo role (though much better).
                        But the other DE should be a guy whose primary asset is power/leverage--and I just don't see Tillery being that guy. He'll be a great depth piece behind Bosa, and I'm sure Staley will also introduce a variety of 4-3 packages, as well.
                        Justin Jones is pretty well suited for that power DE position. He plays with good leverage and is strong at the POA. But I think a player like Tufele (or possibly Tommy Togiai from Ohio State) would work much better.

So in my draft/FA scenario you'd see a 3-man front of Bosa (backed up by Tillery), Joseph (backed up by Khyiris Tonga), and Tufele (backed up by Jones).

The two starting OLBs would be Floyd (via FA) and Nwosu. The backups would be Egbule (who I predict will blossom under Staley) and a draft pick -- I choose Snowden in my scenario, but I think other day-3 options could include Jordan Smith, Elerson Smith, or a guy like Tryon if he slips.
                        Last edited by Bolt Dude; 01-22-2021, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                          Haven't given up on Tillery...not yet.

But I see a 3-man front consisting of Tillery, Bosa and Joseph as not stout enough at the POA.

Here's the way I see it (and please forgive my over simplifications):

Remember that awesome 3-4 defense under Wade Philips, circa ~2005-2008? The two DEs on either side of Jamal Williams were Luis Castillo and Igor Olshansky.
                          Castillo was pretty good at getting off blockers and creating havoc in the backfield.
                          Olshansky excelled at absorbing blockers and disrupting blocking schemes at the LoS. Olshansky's pure power was legendary (41 reps at the combine), so this role was perfect for him.
                          Jamal was the ideal anchor between them.

The arrangement worked well and allowed Merriman and Philips to dominate the edges.

In our 3-4 I see Bosa playing the Castillo role (though much better).
                          But the other DE should be a guy whose primary asset is power/leverage--and I just don't see Tillery being that guy. He'll be a great depth piece behind Bosa, and I'm sure Staley will also introduce a variety of 4-3 packages, as well.
                          Justin Jones is pretty well suited for that other DE position. He plays with good leverage and is strong at the POA. But I think a player like Tufele (or possibly Tommy Togiai from Ohio State) would work much better.

So in my draft/FA scenario you'd see a 3-man front of Bosa (backed up by Tillery), Joseph (backed up by Khyiris Tonga), and Tufele (backed up by Jones).

The two starting OLBs would be Floyd (via FA) and Nwosu. The backups would be Egbule (who I predict will blossom under Staley) and a draft pick -- I choose Snowden in my scenario, but I think other day-3 options could include Jordan Smith, Elerson Smith, or a guy like Tryon if he slips.
                          I think if thats what your using for your draft strategy, you may be way off. I dont think a base 3-4 is what we will play. It certainly wont be a old version of a 3-4 like some think it will be. Those days are gone. Staley took over from Wade and did much better than Wade did.

Draft for multiple looks and fronts. To be honest, counting on Nwosu imo as one of our starting OLB pass rushers dont excite me much.....certainly not Egbule. Id go EDGE rusher much sooner. First or second round but if it works out to be a third, ok.

BPA that could be a need is where im going. It may or may not include a DT which isnt high on my list but if one is sitting there.....

Comment

Working...
                          X