• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I'm not promoting TE, just think the position is deep. I'll have to check out Otton.

I hope HH, Virgil, and Parham are all on the roster. I really don't want to spend draft capital on TE (especially not early).

I think IOL is fairly deep, too. But, I'm willing to draft IOL earlier... to get who I want. Right now, I'm fond of OG Zion Johnson and OC Jarrett Patterson. If we could snag those two players with our 3b and 4th round picks I'd be stoked. Let them compete with Lamp and Feeney for starter spots (should we re-sign Lamp/Feeney for reasonable deals)...
    you've half sold me on Zion, and sounds like Patterson is out for the season and perhaps returning for his senior year ??

and will be surprised if Feeney comes back, as just don't feel it w/him, and wouldn't be surprised if he's not feeling it either ??

just don't see him as a match w/SoCal, w/the coaching staff, and gotta believe he'd like to go to a team that will put him in @RG ??
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Rousseau is #4 on my board, right behind Sewell and the 2 QB's. Lawrence, Fields, Sewell, Rousseau, Parsons (if he is indeed as good a pass rusher as he thinks he is).

Tillery... dude can barely play 3-tech. And I really don't think I'm interested in trying him at DE. Get a real DE. Get him early. Hell, get 2 if you're worried about Bosa's health. Rochelle is a huge drop-off. And Uchenna is probably a better SAM than LEO. Blitz Uchenna occasionally from the SAM... not an every down pass rusher.
      hear you on Jerry, and was very disappointed in his selection that go 'round, albeit he is a Charger now, and don't think he's going anywhere for the next coupla years, and.... do think he's gonna make a better end than 3T, and so.... sorta gotta play the hand you're dealt, no ??

agree w/Uchenna as well, as unfortunately both he and Tillery were overdrafted by Telesco and we are paying the opportunity cost w/both players and both positions, as SAM just isn't worth much in our scheme, and we've got Emeke there already, and w/Kyzir taking most of the snaps anyways, so.... Uchenna is pretty much a tweener @this rate.

and do like Rochell as our backup there, and am concerned about Bosa's body breaking down faster due to whatever enhancement program he has been on, and so yeah.... if we go Rousseau, can't really complain too much, as trading down is necessarily risky and much easier said than done as an armchair GM over here, coz if I'm Telesco I def can't afford a swing and a miss, as yes am coming off my JH10 coup from last year, but am also complicit and guilty by association w/this whole AL fiasco of late, and so....

would def trade down if it was Parsons staring us down @5, as do believe that he is the better LB than PRS, and 'specially as compared to Gregory there, and also as we are fresh off from trading up for Murray, and that eye still am a Perryman supporter.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        Tight Ends
        Pass Rushers
        Cornerbacks

Think this is where to add a bunch of talent next year.
        Bosa isn't enough, not only do they need another but could use a back up to rotate
        Henry even if resigned isn't enough. If not resigned then really have issue at TE.
        Cornerbacks. Can never have enough and Hayward is probably on the downside.
        aren't you leaving yourself w/another Philip Rivers situation, wherein your defense is doing a good job making sure the other team can't score, but then we can't either.... coz we still don't have an OL ??

and not necessarily convinced our DEs/CBs are gonna be overly effective without some IDL as well ??

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

IDK, there are some pretty good TE's and CB's later in the draft.

CB's - Deommodore Lenoir, Thomas Graham Jr., Keith Taylor, Ambry Thomas, Camryn Bynum
          had to save these guys 'til last coz don't think I've heard of too many if not the any of 'em ??

outta your list would lean toward Deommodore Lenoir (just had to type out that full name.... impressive/reminds me of the Commodores) and Ambry Thomas.

don't like the "versatile" tag w/Taylor, as don't need a jackboy of all trades back there, as would prefer someone like Ambry Thomas who gets in peoples grills and bumps 'em off their routes.

and had read about Graham before, and sounds like he's got more limitations than I'd care for, and ditto w/Bynum albeit he does have some tempting traits.

in that range, still like Tyreke Johnson, albeit unlikely he comes out as an underused RSsoph....

so if we're goin' CB, personally am hoping we're lookin' early at Eric Stokes @the top of round two, or a trade down in round one and nab Shaun Wade to spell the loss of DK.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Taylor and Thomas I like but have other Day 3 CBs I’d prefer for us. Z. McCollum, K. Vincent Jr., C. Bryant to name a few.
            DE/EDGE get one early and 1-2 late.
            nice work Ninj.... can't get on board w/the LSU guy, even tho he seems the perfect foil for those pesky slot receivers that work over the shallows of the field, as just doesn't seem like the whole pkg, and.... in comparison to the two other guys, who might just have not good, but tremendous mindsets, which is even more important for a corner, and.... as you know how eye value intangibles, willing to give their football talents the benefit of the doubt there, as they both (Zyon and Coby) seem to have some skill sets to bring the table as well, which hopefully can be coached up.

and DEDGE early ?? who do you got there ?? and.... one or two later, for a total of as many as 3 DEDGE players ?? you gettin' rid of everyone save Joey this offseason ??

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

and gotta laugh reading Tony Pauline's latest update to his Big Board.... dude def does not follow the flock, and can appreciate him for that.

002) WR J'Marr Chase * Wu's "can't take my eyes off of you" prospect
              010) LEO Gregory Rousseau * if so, perhaps not such good value @5 and we are better served by trading down
              026) OG Wyatt Davis * perhaps he slots like most top flight OGs and not in the top half of the first
              030) OC Creed Humphrey * too much Pilsbury to this guy for my taste, but interesting in that he had broken into the top ten @one point in time (so had Dan Feeney for that matter)
              032) LEO Kwity Paye * will be disappointed if we pick this guy pretty much anywhere
              035) WR Terrace Marshall * if this guys survives to our pick round two, gonna be hard for our group of FO ex receivers to pass up on that
              036) CB Caleb Farley * agree that he really isn't good first round value
              038) RB Chuba Hubbard * think this is a pretty fair slotting of his ability, altho do not want to draft him
              040) OG Trey Smith * just sittin' pretty for us here as our Marcus McNeill 2.0 (played for six seasons w/two Pro Bowls after going 50 overall)
              041) OT Christian Darrisaw * no way does Wu pass up on this guy for any of the other Oline ahead of him
              046) TE Pat Freiermuth * would be an HH redux in the middle of the second if he was still sitting there
              050) OT Samuel Cosmi * think this is guy is getting too much love and is gonna be overdrafted by someone
              055) CB Ambry Thomas * some of you guys have this guy down as a day three value selection
              061) OT Dillon Radunz * yet another OT that just don't like risk/reward profile here
              066) DE Aidan Hutchinson * just listing him coz there are always duds in the mix, and very wary of this PRS/EDGE group this draft
              071) OG Aaron Banks * uh oh, an Olineman that comes from you know who's fave school, and one spot after OSU OC Josh Myers
              074) CB Eric Stokes * our own Nasir Adderley dropped a full round in the draft despite all his pre draft hoopla 'n fanfare
              076) OG Rashawn Slater * tell Wu to cover his eyes, as think this might bring tears to his if we were to get this kind of value from Jackie's son
              089) NT Tyler Shelvin * Pauline is notoriously bearish on alotta prospects, and IDLs have oft gone higher than people expected of late
              090) DT Jay Tufele * if either of these guys are here and tunnel vision team Tommy John passes on either one, then similar hi jinx to the passover of Star
              102) TE Jake Ferguson * not sure a fourth for this guy, let alone our comp pick, isn't a little too rich for my blood, unless someone can turn him into more of a blocker
              121) QB Mac Jones * take that everyone, as Tony def does not buy into/believe the hype
              133) SCB Kary Vincent * we haven't had much luck w/LSU DBs of late, and think he'd serve us better if he lasted 'til the eighth round/UDFA land
              138) S Hamsah Nasirildeen * well if Jarrett Stidham can drop this far, then guessin' 'tis not outta the question for this guy neither
              153) OT Liam Eichenberg * look out sports fans, a Golden Domer right in Tom's wheelhouse/sweet spot
              165) WR Tammorion Terry * does our roster require another fifth round wideout
              173) DE/OLB Quincy Roche * could this guy be the answer to our weakside woes
              224) OG Zion Johnson *
              226) TE Cade Otton * might have to wait a year on this guy, but would gladly spend a seventh on a (solid/good) combo TE
              267) TE Charlie Kolar * Pauline covers his bass here by listing him as a 5/6 rounder
              277) OT Landon Young * would gladly spend my last pick on this guy
              300) DE LaBryan Ray * one hellah hedge against Bosa's nagging injuries
              333) LB Kuony Deng * officially into UDFA/eighth round territory, w/Merlin Robertson listed just two slots after Deng
              357) WR Emeka Emezie * have read his name a time or coupla few here, and perhaps he is an UDFA target of the Chargers
              412) OG Thomas Kraemer * goes by Tommy and hopefully his namesake doesn't burn a pick on yet another Golden Domer
              445) LB Palaie Gaoteote * if someone told me we spent a second on this guy, eye would not flinch/bat an eye
              479) OG Deonte Brown * ditto for this guy, as wouldn't feel ripped off if I spent a day two pick on this brickwall
              537) WR Dazz Newsome * bet there's a coupla few of you surprised to see this guy here
              597) NT Lorenzo Neal *
              646) WIL Zane Zandier * seems like a John Spanos back of the roster kinda player
              662) RB Spencer Brown *
              941) OLB Isaiah Kaufusi * didn't know
              981) OT Daniel Faalele * gonna call it a day here folks, altho Tony goes on for days.... let me know if you id anyone past the 1k mark, thx

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

aren't you leaving yourself w/another Philip Rivers situation, wherein your defense is doing a good job making sure the other team can't score, but then we can't either.... coz we still don't have an OL ??

and not necessarily convinced our DEs/CBs are gonna be overly effective without some IDL as well ??
                I agree they should invest in trenches to make life easier for Herbert. And to put pressure on opponent. But for Telesco, if he is back with Lynn, then I think they are happy with Tevi. If they resign Lamp and Fenney. Then I think they go into next season. Tevi,Lamp,Feeney,Turner,Bulaga.
                And defense. I think Telesco is okay with Bosa, Jones, Joseph and Tillery.

not sure which underclassmen declare. But I'm going to assume that many prospects are going to make the jump.

Penei Sewell-OT, Oregon, 1st rd.
                Joe Tyron-Edge, Washington 2nd rd.
                Caleb Farley-CB, Virginia Tech, 3rd rd.
                Carlos Basham-DE, Wake Forest 3rd rd comp
                Trey McBride-TE, Colorado 4th rd.
                Thomas Graham-CB, Oregon 5th rd.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Last time Chargers were a top team capable of going deep into postseason, the roster was really good.
                  Rivers-QB
                  Tomlinson-RB
                  Neal-FB
                  McNeill-LT
                  Dielman-LG
                  Hardwick-OC
                  Goff-RG
                  Gates-TE
                  Jackson-WR
                  Chambers-WR
                  Castillo-DE
                  Williams-NT
                  Merriman-LB
                  Philips-LB
                  Jammer-CB
                  Cromartie-CB

that is 2 pro bowl caliber pass rushers, 2 pro bowl caliber cover corners, a Wall of a nose tackle. 4 pro bowl caliber offensive lineman, 2 pro bowl caliber WR, and of course Hall of fame caliber QB, RB and TE.

But the FG kicker was not clutch and that cost them a chance at the trophy.

Telesco!??!!!! If the goal is the Lombardi trophy. You got a lot of work to do!!!!!

Tevi, Lamp, Feeney will all be UFA
                  Hayward and Davis and Jenkins will be UFA
                  Henry and Green will be UFA
                  Ingram and Perryman will be UFA

Who is coming back of these UFA. That is like 8 starters

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Last time Chargers were a top team capable of going deep into postseason, the roster was really good.
                    Rivers-QB
                    Tomlinson-RB
                    Neal-FB
                    McNeill-LT
                    Dielman-LG
                    Hardwick-OC
                    Goff-RG
                    Gates-TE
                    Jackson-WR
                    Chambers-WR
                    Castillo-DE
                    Williams-NT
                    Merriman-LB
                    Philips-LB
                    Jammer-CB
                    Cromartie-CB

that is 2 pro bowl caliber pass rushers, 2 pro bowl caliber cover corners, a Wall of a nose tackle. 4 pro bowl caliber offensive lineman, 2 pro bowl caliber WR, and of course Hall of fame caliber QB, RB and TE.

But the FG kicker was not clutch and that cost them a chance at the trophy.

Telesco!??!!!! If the goal is the Lombardi trophy. You got a lot of work to do!!!!!

Now compare Belichick latest teams players to win a SB. The one defacto is Brady and he can't do it all.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Now compare Belichick latest teams players to win a SB. The one defacto is Brady and he can't do it all.
                      Belicheat ​​​​​is the GM and he makes sure to have one lock down corner, which allows his defense to shade and make life difficult for other teams. He almost always has a good kicker too. He invest in the trenches. He drafted Gronk. He grabs athletic QBs in late rds and puts them at WR. Often he has a top 3 CB in all the league. He doesn't throw money around. But he sure does for a top 3 cornerback.

Id rather Rivers had Viniteri than Kaeding when his 13-3 team played the Jets. I'd rather have Gilmore over Hayward.

Its a team game.
                      Can we fire Telesco and hire Belichek to be GM.
                      He got Randy Moss for a 4th rd.pick. and he always.seems to stack draft picks. Plus he will cheat and give Lynn the other teams playbook script for the game. He has his spies. He will try to win at all cost. And after he has another Lombardi, he will pay up the 1st rd picks and 500k fine for cheating. Spanos won't ever do that.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

According to Spotrac, Chargers will have about $31 million in cap space.
                        Ideally, I'd keep Hunter Henry ($9 mil), Davis ($7 mil), Lamp ($3 mil), and Jenkins ($3 mil).
                        And Casey Hayward is not a FA until after 2021.

If you want more cap space you could cut the following: Trai Turner ($11.5 mil), Linval Joseph ($7.5 mil), Chris Harris ($7.5 mil), Casey Hayward ($8.75 mil).

Of course you would have to find FA signings and draft picks to replace them all.

Draft focus: OT (Tevi), OC (Feeney), DE (Ingram), LB (Perryman), CB (Hayward/Harris next year)

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Belicheat ​​​​​is the GM and he makes sure to have one lock down corner, which allows his defense to shade and make life difficult for other teams. He almost always has a good kicker too. He invest in the trenches. He drafted Gronk. He grabs athletic QBs in late rds and puts them at WR. Often he has a top 3 CB in all the league. He doesn't throw money around. But he sure does for a top 3 cornerback.

Id rather Rivers had Viniteri than Kaeding when his 13-3 team played the Jets. I'd rather have Gilmore over Hayward.

Its a team game.
                          Can we fire Telesco and hire Belichek to be GM.
                          He got Randy Moss for a 4th rd.pick. and he always.seems to stack draft picks. Plus he will cheat and give Lynn the other teams playbook script for the game. He has his spies. He will try to win at all cost. And after he has another Lombardi, he will pay up the 1st rd picks and 500k fine for cheating. Spanos won't ever do that.
                          does that mirror your posting philosophy in any way, shape or form.... half goofin' Crits.... (we love you and your incessant posts.... keep 'em comin')

Comment

Working...
                          X