• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

According to Spotrac, Chargers will have about $31 million in cap space.
    Ideally, I'd keep Hunter Henry ($9 mil), Davis ($7 mil), Lamp ($3 mil), and Jenkins ($3 mil).
    And Casey Hayward is not a FA until after 2021.

If you want more cap space you could cut the following: Trai Turner ($11.5 mil), Linval Joseph ($7.5 mil), Chris Harris ($7.5 mil), Casey Hayward ($8.75 mil).

Of course you would have to find FA signings and draft picks to replace them all.

Draft focus: OT (Tevi), OC (Feeney), DE (Ingram), LB (Perryman), CB (Hayward/Harris next year)
    makes sense to go three deep @SS given Derwin's health of late, but hoping SS is just as much a concern as CB, albeit and obviously not only did we lose King, but the both of Harris and Hayward are getting longer in the tooth, so there is that too.

would hesitate letting Linval walk unless you sense or have seen a drop off there.... eye haven't as his snap counts have exceeded most any expectation, and there are plenty of big boys who last 'til 35 or so on the lines.... not everyone, but some of 'em, and yes.... would def and as most always, have my eye on a NT or coupla few in the draft.

and wouldn't be in shock if the both of Hayward and Harris were no longer Chargers, but that means we have to hit gold in both FA and in the draft there, and.... Tevaughn Campbell stubbed his toe a bit today, performance wise.

have also been spouting that we need a Denzel hedge in FA, albeit if Palaei Gaoteote comes out, he is almost a must draft for me @MLB, unless Murray can be that MIKE guy for us going forward.

and really encouraged by Tevi's progress @LT, as def thought he was on the bubble this last offseason, so great job by Campen and Lynn and whomever else had a hand in that, and yes.... dude could well end up as our swing tackle, albeit see much more talent @OG than @OT in this draft ??

and re: Feeney.... have mentioned in other posts that just don't see him going forward @the OC, and if anything would like to see if he could fill the more than likely vacancy @RG for us next season ??
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Would a scheme switch with the front 7 get more playmakers on the field. Hire Teryl Austin from Steelers as DC.

DE Bosa/Rochelle
      NT Joseph/Square
      DE Tillery/Jones
      OLB Nwosu/Bello
      ILB Murray/Perryman
      ILB Vigil/Tranquil
      OLB Jefferson/Egbule/Christiansen
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

I'm keeping Jenkins because he plays both SS and FS. Neither NA nor DJ have proven they're durable... need a quality backup. Jenkins becomes our AP in dime, too.

Spending constraints only allow for keeping Lamp, Jenkins, Davis, and HH. Davis has to be re-signed... he's our best cover corner at a position that became old and a liability quickly. Lamp is the one (between Tevi, Lamp, and Feeney) that has the highest ceiling of the 3 IMO). HH because he is good target for Herbert and the TE position is relatively inexpensive... compared to other positions.

I listed possible cuts (Hayward, Harris, Turner, and Joseph) only in the event that they could be replaced through FA signings. For example, if you were able to sign an OC (Corey Linsley or David Andrews) for $9 million that you think would be more effective than Turner... then cutting Turner ($11.5 mil) would make sense. Save yourself $2.5 million and simply target an OG in the draft rather than an OC.

Right now, it appears Hayward, Harris, and Turner are not earning their keep. I included Joseph because cutting him would provide the space to sign a FA or re-sign some of those other players. All 4 have expiring contracts after 2021 and will have to be replaced/re-signed.

Comment

• Katdnzr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Joseph was done in Minnesota, that's why they let him go. He is not contributing. When was the last time you heard his name called? If a NT only needs to stand his ground and not be involved in the termination of the play, there are a lot of 400 pounders that can fill that position.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

1. OT Sewell (replace Tevi)
            2. DE Patrick Jones (replace Ingram)
            3. OC Landon Dickerson (replaces Feeney)
            3. RB CJ Verdel (replace JJ add depth)
            4. LB Monte Rice (move Murray Jr. to MIKE to replace Perryman, Rice plays SAM)
            5. CB Keith Taylor (replaces Facyson, depth at CB)
            6. TE Zach Davidson (replace Stephen Anderson)
            6. DT Neil Farrell (replace Square)
            7. WR Emeka Emezie (replace Tyron Johnson)

Isaac Rochelle RFA
            TeVaughn Campbell ERFA
            Gabe Nabers ERFA
            Ty Long ERFA

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I agree they should invest in trenches to make life easier for Herbert. And to put pressure on opponent. But for Telesco, if he is back with Lynn, then I think they are happy with Tevi. If they resign Lamp and Fenney. Then I think they go into next season. Tevi,Lamp,Feeney,Turner,Bulaga.
              And defense. I think Telesco is okay with Bosa, Jones, Joseph and Tillery.

not sure which underclassmen declare. But I'm going to assume that many prospects are going to make the jump.

Penei Sewell-OT, Oregon, 1st rd.
              Joe Tyron-Edge, Washington 2nd rd.
              Caleb Farley-CB, Virginia Tech, 3rd rd.
              Carlos Basham-DE, Wake Forest 3rd rd comp
              Trey McBride-TE, Colorado 4th rd.
              Thomas Graham-CB, Oregon 5th rd.

If we can get Farley and Basham in the 3rd/late-comp 3rd, sign me up!
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

1. OT Sewell (replace Tevi)
                2. DE Patrick Jones (replace Ingram)
                3. OC Landon Dickerson (replaces Feeney)
                3. RB CJ Verdel (replace JJ add depth)
                4. LB Monte Rice (move Murray Jr. to MIKE to replace Perryman, Rice plays SAM)
                5. CB Keith Taylor (replaces Facyson, depth at CB)
                6. TE Zach Davidson (replace Stephen Anderson)
                6. DT Neil Farrell (replace Square)
                7. WR Emeka Emezie (replace Tyron Johnson)

Isaac Rochelle RFA
                TeVaughn Campbell ERFA
                Gabe Nabers ERFA
                Ty Long ERFA
                We’re lock step in rounds 1/2 with my current draft. (New full roster build coming this week.)
                I like Z. Davidson K. Taylor, and Emeka Emezie as draftable prospects.

Same ideas with cuts/trades for some older players (Hayward & Turner).
                I do think the team keeps at least 2 of 3 between Feeney, Lamp, Tevi, if not all 3. Keeping all 3 and signing a mid-tier IOL as a FA would fit in the cap space created by cutting Turner.
                We’ll need to be somewhere around $180 million for the lower cap allotment in 2021.

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Updated.........

This would include the 2021 draft of.......
                  1) PENEI SEWELL - OT - UOR - JR - 6’6” / 330#
                  — Best prospect in the draft
                  2) PATRICK JONES II - DE/EDGE - PITT - RSR - 6’5” / 260# - (TC)
                  — Excellent burst, huge motor
                  3A) ROBERT ROCHELL - CB - UCA - RSR - 6’2” / 200#
                  — Ideal M2M corner, physicality/speed/burst/ballskills
                  3B) CHARLIE KOLAR - TE - ISU - RJR - 6’6” / 257#
                  — Dual use TE with great hands
                  4) ALARIC JACKSON - OT/OG - IOWA - RSR - 6’6” / 315# - (TC)
                  — Physical OL prospect, may need 1-2 years playing OG before bumping out to ORT
                  5) COBY BRYANT - CB - UC - SR - 6’1” / 198# - (TC)
                  — Disruptive, physical with ballskills, ST Ace
                  6A) DIVINE DEABLO - DS/DLB - VT - RSR - 6’3” / 225# - (TC)
                  — Big, physical playmaker, added coverage chops for 3rd down, ST Ace
                  6B) RHAMONDRE STEVENSON - RB - OKU - SR - 6’ / 240
                  — Power, vision, dynamic cutting ability, physical runner, ST Ace
                  7) DAELIN HAYES - DE/EDGE - ND - RSR - 6’4” / 258# - (TC)
                  — Huge motor, flashes of brilliance

Possible UDFA Targets - Conner Olson (OC/OG) - UMN - RSR - 6’5” / 310#
                  Spencer Brown (RB) UAB - SR - 6’ / 220#, Tony Poljan (TE) UVA/CMU - RSR - 6’7” / 265#
                  Garret Wallow (LB) TCU - SR - 6’2” / 230#, Josh Imatorbhebhe (WR) UIL/USC - RSR - 6’2” / 215#
                  Aaron Banks (OG) ND - SR - 6’5” / 325#, Zach Davidson (TE/P) UCM - RSR - 6’7” / 245#
                  Qwynnterrio Cole (DS/DLB) ASU - SR - 6’3” / 200#, Grant Hermanns (OT) PUR - RSR - 6’7” / 310#,
                  Lorenzo Neal Jr. (DT) PUR - RSR - 6’3” / 325#, Shawn Davis (DS) UFL - SR - 5’11” / 190#
                  Caleb Huntley (RB) BSU - SR - 5’10” / 230#, Kenny Deng (LB) CAL - RSR - 6’6” / 250#
                  Blake Hayes (P) UIL - SR - 6’6” / 215#, Riley Patterson (K) MEM - SR - 6’ / 190#
                  Michael Pitts (EDGE) UC - RSR - 6’4” / 250#, Zac Thomas (QB) APST - RSR - 6’1” / 210#

* Projected 53-Man Roster

OFFENSE (25)
                  QB * JH10, Easton Stick
                  RB * Austin Ekeler, Rhamondre Stevenson - (R), Joshua Kelly, Justin Jackson
                  FB/HB * Gabe Nabers
                  WR * Keenan Allen, MikeDub, Jaylen Guyton, Joe Reed, T. Johnson, J.K. Hill
                  TE * Hunter Henry (NC), Charlie Kolar - (R), Donald Parham
                  OT * Penei Sewell - (R), Bryan Bulaga, Sam Tevi - (NC), Trey Pipkins
                  OG * Forrest Lamp (NC), Alaric Jackson - (R), Cole Toner
                  OC * Dan Feeney (NC), Scott Quessenberry

Projected Starters Offense
                  QB - Justin Herbert
                  SKILL - Austin Ekeler, Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Jalen Guyton, Hunter Henry
                  OLINE - Penei Sewell - (R), Forrest Lamp, Dan Feeney, Sam Tevi, Bryan Bulaga

DEFENSE (25)
                  NT * Linval Joseph, Lorenzo Neal Jr. - (R)
                  DT * Justin Jones, Jerry Tillery, Cortez Broughton
                  DE/EDGE * Joey Bosa, Patrick Jones II - (R), Uchenna Nwosu, Daelin Hayes - (R)
                  LB * Kenneth Murray, Drue Tranquill, Kyzir White, Nick Vigil, Emeke Embule, Bilal Powell
                  SS * Derwin James, Divine Deablo - (R), Alohi Gilman
                  FS * Rayshawn Jenkins - (NC), Nasir Adderley
                  CB * Mike Davis (NC), Robert Rochell - (R), Chris Harris Jr., Coby Bryant - (R), Brandon Facyson

Projected Starters Defense
                  DLINE - Joey Bosa, Justin Jones, Linval Joseph, Patrick Jones II - (R)
                  LINEBACKERS - Kenneth Murray, Drue Tranquill
                  DBACKS - Mike Davis, Robert Rochell - (R), Chris Harris Jr., Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins

PK * Mike Badgeley
                  PUNT * Blake Hayes - (R)
                  LS *

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

1. OT Sewell (replace Tevi) Dream on.
                    2. DE Patrick Jones (replace Ingram) Too early.
                    3. OC Landon Dickerson (replaces Feeney) Wrong skillset.
                    3. RB CJ Verdel (replace JJ add depth) F a Duck.
                    4. LB Monte Rice (move Murray Jr. to MIKE to replace Perryman, Rice plays SAM) Better than Mint Milano
                    5. CB Keith Taylor (replaces Facyson, depth at CB) Way too late.
                    6. TE Zach Davidson (replace Stephen Anderson) SA irreplaceable.
                    6. DT Neil Farrell (replace Square) Braiden inyerface Haka.
                    7. WR Emeka Emezie (replace Tyron Johnson) TT signed up Tyron.

Isaac Rochelle RFA
                    TeVaughn Campbell ERFA
                    Gabe Nabers ERFA
                    Ty Long ERFA
                    Good grief...here come the critics.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Good grief...here come the critics.
                      Id agree with some of your replies.If we are going to go RB early, why not just go get Harris? Verdel isnt a bigger RB and frankly id rather have Etienne over him if we go that size RB.

And i sure dont see a 7th round WR as replacing Tyron Johnson. He has 2 years now of NFL experience and making plays when he gets his chance while our other 5th and 7th rounders ride the pine. Not sure a late round NT will be better than Square though Square is no NT who is listed as Joseph's backup on our depth chart.
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Id agree with some of your replies.If we are going to go RB early, why not just go get Harris? Verdel isnt a bigger RB and frankly id rather have Etienne over him if we go that size RB.

And i sure dont see a 7th round WR as replacing Tyron Johnson. He has 2 years now of NFL experience and making plays when he gets his chance while our other 5th and 7th rounders ride the pine. Not sure a late round NT will be better than Square. Broughton isnt replacing him yet. Is like to see him get more reps.

Square is no NT who is listed as Joseph's backup on our depth chart.
                        I love to joke with Nutty the GM.

Question Boltjolt.
                        Would you want Wade in for gusD, or somebody else ?
                        I am trying to fine tune my defensive selections.
                        Is there an Aaron Donald ?
                        Apparently Fehoko was all over the field for seven plays.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I love to joke with Nutty the GM.

Question Boltjolt.
                          Would you want Wade in for gusD, or somebody else ?
                          I am trying to fine tune my defensive selections.
                          Is there an Aaron Donald ?
                          Apparently Fehoko was all over the field for seven plays.
                          Im on the fence with Wade as the Rams defense was NOT good with him.
                          I dont think we quite have the personel to go 3-4 and id prefer to stick to a 4-3 with a different DC to run it. I dont want to have to do a rebuild of the defense.

I really am about done with Telesco as GM. Tired of the annual Notre Dame picks. He laughed when his Son called him out but we all feel that way lol. Just need better talent evaluators in this organization.
                          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                          181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                          225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

Working...
                          X