• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Better have another look at Paye's explosion index.

I am surprised that the closing speed doesn't jump out at you.

That is what I am seeing.

He is a perfect fit to replace Ingram.
    I watched him play last weekend... totally un-impressed.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post

you lost me at a RB in the third before a CB
      Who's your 3rd round CB you like more than CJ Verdell...?
      I'll show you some CB's in the 4th and 5th round that are just as good as your 3rd round CB...
      Oregon RB CJ Verdell HighlightsCJ Verdell is arguably the best running back in the Pac-12 conference. He had great stats and posted big numbers in big games....

He's dangerous as a receiver, too. 2018/2019 he had 41 reception... you'll never guess who threw those passes...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I watched him play last weekend... totally un-impressed.
        Small sample size.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Emeka Emezie is 6'3" 220 lbs. He had a very good season 2018 with Ryan Finlay at QB.
          NC State wide receiver Emeka Emezie finished the 2018 season with 53 catches, 616 receiving yards, and 5 touchdowns. Here are the top plays from Emezie's 201...

He had an underwhelming 2019 without Finlay. But the talent is there... when you can get the ball to him.
          Emeka Emezie turned in a WR1 season in Raleigh with 576 receiving yards and two touchdowns to power the Wolfpack. You can find all of Emezie's highlights fro...

He's completely undervalued right now. He's physical and fights for the ball... things Tyron doesn't bring to the field. Tyron's game is more like KJ Hill's game. You already have KJ on next year's roster, while Johnson is a FA. Seems kind of redundant. Other than Mike Williams, who do you have that is physical and fights for jump balls...?

Show me a player in the 7th round that is better...
          If I'm drafting a WR, I'm drafting earlier than the 7th. But if I'm drafting, we wouldn't need one because I'd have drafted two already from the last two loaded drafts in higher rounds.

Im not saying Tyron Johnson is some stud but he is playing WR while our 5th and 7th round rookies aren't. Experience counts for something and they are giving him a shot and he has made the most of his five receptions.

KJ at Ohio st had 201 receptions which translated to a 7th round selection. And that's fine for Emezie as well. All I'm Saying is I don't think he is an immediate replacement for Johnson or Hill.
          I guess I'm just calling out your reason for drafting him. He most likely is going to sit a while like all four of our WRs have after Keenan and MW.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-01-2020, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            Would a scheme switch with the front 7 get more playmakers on the field. Hire Teryl Austin from Steelers as DC.

DE Bosa/Rochelle
            NT Joseph/Square
            DE Tillery/Jones
            OLB Nwosu/Bello
            ILB Murray/Perryman
            ILB Vigil/Tranquil
            OLB Jefferson/Egbule/Christiansen
            switching from the nickel to base is a scheme change ??

how are you w/Bosa taking over for Mel @LEO w/Tillery playing opposite him @end, which gets him and JJ on the field @the same time ??

and are you going w/Square next season, or you lookin' in the draft/FA ??
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Tyron Johnson is a vertical speed threat with decent size but not a complete receiver. Not a bad guy as your WR 5/6.

KJ Hill is a quick yet slow possession target with excellent route tree, great hands (not this season), and a decent burst to separate at the TOR.

Emenzie is a big body, physical, with excellent contact balance, soft hands, big catch radius, but has issues separating at the TOR.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Katdnzr View Post
                Joseph was done in Minnesota, that's why they let him go. He is not contributing. When was the last time you heard his name called? If a NT only needs to stand his ground and not be involved in the termination of the play, there are a lot of 400 pounders that can fill that position.
                curious who your lotta 400 lbers are, as mine continually get shot down 'round here....

not to mention a no name D isn't always a bad thing, as prolly means you're not messin' up so much ??
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

curious who your lotta 400 lbers are, as mine continually get shot down 'round here....

not to mention a no name D isn't always a bad thing, as prolly means you're not messin' up so much ??
                  He's not 400 lbs. (only 320) but he's a later round run stopper who could replace Joseph after 2021.
                  Neil Farrell Jr. LSU
                  DE Neil Farrell Jr. Highlight ReelMight not be a bunch of him because him and Glen Logan split times which I will be making a highlight reel of him as well. ...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

He's not 400 lbs. (only 320) but he's a later round run stopper who could replace Joseph after 2021.
                    Neil Farrell Jr. LSU
                    DE Neil Farrell Jr. Highlight ReelMight not be a bunch of him because him and Glen Logan split times which I will be making a highlight reel of him as well. ...
                    You like Son of Zeus/Mekhi, yet pan Faalele ?

And claim you seek value ?

Making a lot of blanket statements here.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                      Tyron Johnson is a vertical speed threat with decent size but not a complete receiver. Not a bad guy as your WR 5/6.

KJ Hill is a quick yet slow possession target with excellent route tree, great hands (not this season), and a decent burst to separate at the TOR.

Emenzie is a big body, physical, with excellent contact balance, soft hands, big catch radius, but has issues separating at the TOR.
                      Now that you've described players with minimal impact at an emerging position of impact,
                      convince me that Ja'Marr would be a bad pick.

BTW woodeye Scouting Bureau touted AJ Brown and is willing to admit DK Metcalf is a hella player.

I am here to win and it is clear to me that drafting playmakers high is not a bad move these days.
                      Last edited by wu-dai clan; 12-02-2020, 03:05 AM.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Now that you've described players with minimal impact at an emerging position of impact,
                        convince me that Ja'Marr would be a bad pick.

BTW woodeye Scouting Bureau touted AJ Brown and is willing to admit DK Metcalf is a hella player.

I am here to win and it is clear to me that drafting playmakers high is not a bad move these days.
                        AJ and DK were great picks! We have impact players (KA,MW,HH,AE). But football is a team sport. And if others around them aren't doing their jobs, hard to make an impact. If your OL can't pass block long enough... or run block more effectively... then the team will be in difficult situations (3rd and 8), more predictable situations, that make it more difficult for your playmakers to make plays. If your playmaking RB's and TE's are pass blocking... hard to make plays. Fix the weakest link and your whole team benefits. Football 101.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

You like Son of Zeus/Mekhi, yet pan Faalele ?

And claim you seek value ?

Making a lot of blanket statements here.
                          I'm not seeking value along the OL. I'm seeking talent. Fix it... and watch all of the un-realized value/talent rise around it.
                          Do it quickly before doubt and despair ruin the "Kid"

So very happy for PR.

Comment

Working...
                          X