• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...ideally, if there's 3-4 players we really like, and they're all about equal, if we trade down about 3 spots and pick up and extra 3rd rounder, (and we part with a 6th rounder) probably 1-2 of those those 3-4 are still left...and because our trade down partner is picking QB, there could still be 3 of the original 4 left...
    3 guys give you more options than 2 guys when you start projecting who will be around in round 2.

Lets say you know you can get a good RT in round 2, and those 3 guys are db/RT/edge. If the db goes, that forces you to change your plans a bit and maybe reach for a db next.

No to giving up a 6th rounder.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      1. Kenyon Green OT Texas A&M- One of the best lineman in the draft, by far. On tape, his tenacity and explosiveness remind me of watching Sewell and Slater last year. Yes, I think he can play RT...some project him inside because of his supposed lack of length, but many said that about Slater too...also, if Pipkens does just happen to actually be getting it, and takes another step forward next year, maybe you do kick this guy inside to guard. Either way, he can protect the QB, and instantly upgrades the rushing attack, big time.

2. George Pickens WR Georgia- Maybe the best hands in the draft...he won't be dropping those laser beams from Herbie. If he hadn't gotten injured his senior year...if he was playing for someone like Alabama, instead of that QB carousel at Georgia, he is probably a top 10 pick. His draft stock, however, is currently all over the place. I'll play it honest, and figure on us spending a 3rd round pick to trade up higher in the second for a chance to nab him.

4. Brian Robinson RB Alabama- There are a number of bigger backs in this years draft that would perfectly compliment Ekelor/Jackson. This is one of my favorites, having been polished in a championship program that consistently produces solid RBs. He is down on a lot of boards because RBs are undervalued, and he isn't much of a home run threat or dynamic playmaker...but he is what WE need...a tenacious runner who can do it all, to soak up some tough reps, and keep best weapon, Ekelor, fresh. If his pedigree does get him nabbed earlier, Hassan Haskins and Jerome Ford are a couple of good alternatives.

OK...so I know what some of you are thinking...no defense? With all that talent, especially in the first? When defense was our biggest issue by far last year?

Honestly, I don't have a clue what we are gonna do this offseason...it makes my head ache trying to figure it out. But my best guess is that Staley is gonna hand pick some veteran FAs to fill in the weak spots on this defense, vs bringing in more youth. A big upgrade to Kyle Fackrell to help out Bosa and Nwosu, and an upgrade or help for Linval Joseph, and an upgrade for Chris Harris...I think this can all be done through FA...but unless TT can find another Feiler type gem out there, I am seeing the first round as our best bet to bolster that oline, particularly RT. Pickens' hands are just too good to pass up, and would be a godsend for Herbert in years to come, and everyone can agree we need another good RB to help extend Ekelors career...we are using this guy up too fast. For those of you who crave speed in your WR, you could trade up in the second to nab Kenneth Walker instead of Pickens, and add the dynamic Romeo Doubs out of Nevada in the fourth...if his stock doesn't skyrocket during the process.

Hey, it's just a working theory, going offense heavy early in the draft...but you won't find me dissappointed if we add Jordan Davis or Jermaine Johnson or Karlaftis...or if "Sauce" Gardner falls in our lap...but again, for now...I'm guessing FA for most of our defensive woes....Staley will want to turn this unit around fast, and accomplished vets who are pro ready are his best bet for a successful makeover.
      I’m thinking similar thoughts, rookies will not turn this D around, Staley needs to convince TT to bring in the FA D help big time. We are not in rebuild mode, the window is now and there are FAs we can afford who would upgrade what we trotted out last year on D.

Do it, TT.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

I’m undecided about selecting Kenyon Green #17 and starting him RT. Like player, a lot, just not sure about fit out on the edge.

Actually coming around to WR #17 depending who’s available. That position may be foreshadowed on what happens, or not in Free Agency. It’s such a puzzle.

Also been monitoring fluidity of top 15 prospects and who might fall to #17?

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

BTW, all that was against Zion Johnson (#77).

Move him up to the Charger's 2nd round cluster.
          Def in the R2 cluster. If he makes it that far. He's the player people think Jordan Davis is.

Not gonna ragdoll NFL OL every snap but Z Johnson is a day 1 starter so he definitely has the strength to ragdoll an NFL IOL sometimes. Gets good upfield push into the gap to reset LOS without turning or losing leverage, perfect for gap and a half schemes.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
            I’m undecided about selecting Kenyon Green #17 and starting him RT. Like player, a lot, just not sure about fit out on the edge.

Actually coming around to WR #17 depending who’s available. That position may be foreshadowed on what happens, or not in Free Agency. It’s such a puzzle.

Also been monitoring fluidity of top 15 prospects and who might fall to #17?
            I’m hoping to get a top 10 player that falls to 17.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

2022 Derwin James 2.0

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                2022 Derwin James 2.0
                Yes, maybe another safety.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

wu's Mock v1

1-17 BERNHARD RAIMANN central michigan offensive right tackle
                  2-49 JALEN PITRE baylor Slot Corner
                  3-81 JOSH PASCHAL kentucky edge/rush defensive tackle
                  4-119 NEIL FARRELL JR lsu penetrating 1tech
                  5-158 RACHAAD WHITE arizona state rb #1b
                  6-195 PERCY BUTLER louisiana special teams/safety
                  6-211 LUCAS KRULL pittsburgh y or flex tight end
                  7-234 DANNY GRAY smu wr speed
                  7-250 JEREMIAH MOON florida lb/edge
                  7-251 JAKE CAMARDA georgia punter
                  7-252 BO MELTON rutgers wr speed

UFAs, analysis to follow.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Years ago, I liked safety John Johnson. This year I like Bryan Cook.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      wu's Mock v1

1-17 BERNHARD RAIMANN central michigan offensive right tackle
                      2-49 JALEN PITRE baylor Slot Corner
                      3-81 JOSH PASCHAL kentucky edge/rush defensive tackle
                      4-119 NEIL FARRELL JR lsu penetrating 1tech
                      5-158 RACHAAD WHITE arizona state rb #1b
                      6-195 PERCY BUTLER louisiana special teams/safety
                      6-211 LUCAS KRULL pittsburgh y or flex tight end
                      7-234 DANNY GRAY smu wr speed
                      7-250 JEREMIAH MOON florida lb/edge
                      7-251 JAKE CAMARDA georgia punter
                      7-252 BO MELTON rutgers wr speed

UFAs, analysis to follow.

I see you enjoyed the Senior Bowl...
                      Nice picks. Many I have considered myself... Pitre, Paschal, Farrell, Moon.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I see you enjoyed the Senior Bowl...
                        Nice picks. Many I have considered myself... Pitre, Paschal, Farrell, Moon.
                        Lots of good takes here Nutty.
                        Yourself and others.
                        I always like the challenge of being a little bit outlier.
                        March brings Pro Days and free agency.
                        Indy coming up.
                        We really need people like K9, MDavis, Tillery, McKitty, Palmer to develop.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Really insightful Mock Draft by Daniel Jeremiah and Buck Brooks...amazed at how many Offensive tackles are taken off the board in the first round. Seems like this draft is really deep in offensive lineman. there will be plenty of corners in the second round if this simulated draft comes true.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X