• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

My thoughts exactly. Peyton Turner (270 + 35” arms) and Janarius Robinson (266 + 35 1/4”) would be ideal. Elerson Smith was 262 at the Senior Bowl. Weighed 252 for his pro day. But I think he can play at 270 no problem.
    D.Freeney-DE had 32 1/8 arms.
    So he was a do not draft player for those of you who insist the measurements must hit a certain threshold.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

What?
      I had him as a top 5 pick last year.

Sewelll is 33 and 2/8 arms who won't be there at #13. Hudson is 32 and 7/8 arms
      So your telling me 3/8 of an inch makes me hate Justin. LOL.

Hudson very rarely blew any pass blocking snaps and he is just learning the position.

Justin job of winning games also gets much easier with top 5 defense. And a better special teams coverage unit.
      So I added players to help the defense and others that can play in both subpackages and Special Teams unit.

And I gave him the #1 and #2 ranked college offensive lineman in fewest percentage of blown blocks..And Bates a really great blocking TE that can be useful in the redzone.

That is mad love from me for JH10 and I'm sure he would appreciate it.

:rasta:
      Call me foolhardy, but I think there may be a teeny tiny bit of difference between Sewell and Hudson other than that 3/8”.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Call me foolhardy, but I think there may be a teeny tiny bit of difference between Sewell and Hudson other than that 3/8.
        Of course. But I'm not seeing Sewelll there at #13.
        Hudson has high upside and I would not let 1/8 inch short of 33 make me ignore the talent he has. Brees height had him fall out of rd 1 even though he led Purdue to Big Ten Championship and set records. The great GM Butler said thank you to the other teams and drafted him.

I had DK Metcalf as a 1st rd talent he went bottom Rd2 because he was nitpicked for what he didn't do well.

You look too long you get it wrong.
        You nit pick too much and you out of luck.

It can really be as simple as can they play. Can they be productive do good work on gameday.

not sure why they need to fit cookie cutter prototype measurements to be worth drafting.

Besides I'm suggesting using pick #97 on the OT after grabbing 3 defense players. Defense wins championships.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Of course. But I'm not seeing Sewelll there at #13.
          Hudson has high upside and I would not let 1/8 inch short of 33 make me ignore the talent he has. Brees height had him fall out of rd 1 even though he led Purdue to Big Ten Championship and set records. The great GM Butler said thank you to the other teams and drafted him.

I had DK Metcalf as a 1st rd talent he went bottom Rd2 because he was nitpicked for what he didn't do well.

You look too long you get it wrong.
          You nit pick too much and you out of luck.

It can really be as simple as can they play. Can they be productive do good work on gameday.

not sure why they need to fit cookie cutter prototype measurements to be worth drafting.

Besides I'm suggesting using pick #97 on the OT after grabbing 3 defense players. Defense wins championships.
          Hey, I love Sewell. But if he is drafted as a LT, he'll have the shortest arms of all NFL left tackles. Now, Sewell is a freak. It's the only reason I think he'll be a very good LT. Hudson isn't Sewell. He's raw (as you have admitted). I wouldn't look at missed blocks (Hudson or Christensen) until you look at the competition they went up against. I can only think of one pro prospect he went against (Azeez Ojulari). I have real reservations about trying to develop yet another 3rd round prospect. Undoubtably, it will take a couple years before he's up to NFL power/speed... it would be incredibly optimistic to assume that a sub-33" armed developmental project won't expose Herbert to harm. He would be the only startiing LT in the NFL with sub-33" arms. I don't make the rules... I just realize the trends. I'm not saying NFL GM's are right, just making observations...

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

So he was a do not draft player for those of you who insist the measurements must hit a certain threshold.
            Doesn't translate to DE's as much (although helpful). Freeney's spin move made him great. Helped negate his deficient arm length.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Every team has an ideal profile for prospects broken down by position/position group.
              This is because these profiles have proven to get the most consistent production. They evolve over time as the game has changed.
              Does this means teams won’t draft a prospect that doesn’t meet every detail of that profile? No, but it does affect the grade prospects are given.
              There are exceptions to the standard but every team has a profile.
              When you get a prospect that meets/exceeds the profile and has quality game tape, those are the guys you target.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Hey, I love Sewell. But if he is drafted as a LT, he'll have the shortest arms of all NFL left tackles. Now, Sewell is a freak. It's the only reason I think he'll be a very good LT. Hudson isn't Sewell. He's raw (as you have admitted). I wouldn't look at missed blocks (Hudson or Christensen) until you look at the competition they went up against. I can only think of one pro prospect he went against (Azeez Ojulari). I have real reservations about trying to develop yet another 3rd round prospect. Undoubtably, it will take a couple years before he's up to NFL power/speed... it would be incredibly optimistic to assume that a sub-33" armed developmental project won't expose Herbert to harm. He would be the only startiing LT in the NFL with sub-33" arms. I don't make the rules... I just realize the trends. I'm not saying NFL GM's are right, just making observations...
                Cincinnati also played Houston but Turner was injured would have been something to see.
                When they played Tulsa. Zaven Collins 33.625 arms who may end up a 1st rd pick tried Hudson 32.875 arms and was swatted away rather easily.

Christensen had snaps vs players that are likely drafted in this draft BYU played over past 2 seasons.
                Houston who has Payton Turner.
                Coastal Carolina who has Tarron Jackson
                Washington in 2019 when Joe Tryon played.
                Christensen also played vs USC, Utah, Boise St. UCF, Tennessee.
                Analytics on him say he rarely has a bad snap. Chargers could still use more competition at OL even if he is just a guard.

Again I'm saying use pick #97 and pick #118 on these prospects.as I think they can be quality starters. Even if Christensen has to move inside to guard and Hudson has to play right tackle or guard. They also give you versatility to back up left tackle.

And if you want some arm length of at least 34 at tackle if not Darrisaw then who? Little is 33.75 arms. That is close enough, correct? Or is he also a guard. Should you try East Carolina D.Smith 35.25 arms.

Should O'day Aboushi get a chance compete at Left Tackle. He has 33.78 arms

Seems like 34 threshold would push many tackle prospects inside.
                How many good prospect hit the 34 mark.

Darrisaw seems to play with tunnel vision at times, and sometimes low effort snaps.... don't think arm length helps him if at times he can't see where the work is or has already stopped trying to work.

Having said all that.
                Trade up for Sewell-OT and ignore his T Rex arms. The kid will be a good Left Tackle for JH10.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Cincinnati also played Houston but Turner was injured would have been something to see.
                  When they played Tulsa. Zaven Collins 33.625 arms who may end up a 1st rd pick tried Hudson 32.875 arms and was swatted away rather easily.

Christensen had snaps vs players that are likely drafted in this draft BYU played over past 2 seasons.
                  Houston who has Payton Turner.
                  Coastal Carolina who has Tarron Jackson
                  Washington in 2019 when Joe Tryon played.
                  Christensen also played vs USC, Utah, Boise St. UCF, Tennessee.
                  Analytics on him say he rarely has a bad snap. Chargers could still use more competition at OL even if he is just a guard.

Again I'm saying use pick #97 and pick #118 on these prospects.as I think they can be quality starters. Even if Christensen has to move inside to guard and Hudson has to play right tackle or guard. They also give you versatility to back up left tackle.

And if you want some arm length of at least 34 at tackle if not Darrisaw then who? Little is 33.75 arms. That is close enough, correct? Or is he also a guard. Should you try East Carolina D.Smith 35.25 arms.

Should O'day Aboushi get a chance compete at Left Tackle. He has 33.78 arms

Seems like 34 threshold would push many tackle prospects inside.
                  How many good prospect hit the 34 mark.

Darrisaw seems to play with tunnel vision at times, and sometimes low effort snaps.... don't think arm length helps him if at times he can't see where the work is or has already stopped trying to work.

Having said all that.
                  Trade up for Sewell-OT and ignore his T Rex arms. The kid will be a good Left Tackle for JH10.
                  Maybe he’ll be a serviceable RT by week 3 after Bulaga goes down yet again. Herbie still needs a LT though. you used to love Herbie, we’re just surprised to see how much you hate him now, didn’t see that coming
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Im starting to think that Sewell will drop a few spots due to arm length. Slater too. Maybe to 8 where he could be available for trade. Chase is a more prototypical talent at 5.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

OL want separation DL want to close. It's not nearly the issue for defenders, especially when OL need to win every snap.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        Im starting to think that Sewell will drop a few spots due to arm length. Slater too. Maybe to 8 where he could be available for trade. Chase is a more prototypical talent at 5.
                        So the run on tackles starts @ #8. After which four teams before #13 and two tackles left on the board.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Who are your late rd propsects you think will have good careers and still be in the league 10 years from now?

One name I think of is the TE John Bates.
                          Seems like a player that can have a 10 year career as good blocking TE that offers a bit of receiving ability. One measurable trait I like about him is 88 percentile agility score. So although he isn't fast with the 40, that agility is useful underneath and in redzone.

I would spend a 6th or 7th on him and feel like it was great value added to the TE depth chart.

Comment

Working...
                          X