• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Lots of short arm LTs in have had great success in the nfl is what one oline coach said in sirus with Pat Kirwan then his rattled off like ten names. The arm length debate is just nitpicking. The question is, can the play the position what does the tape say? If the tape says they can play you go with your grades.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      Who are your late rd propsects you think will have good careers and still be in the league 10 years from now?

One name I think of is the TE John Bates.
      Seems like a player that can have a 10 year career as good blocking TE that offers a bit of receiving ability. One measurable trait I like about him is 88 percentile agility score. So although he isn't fast with the 40, that agility is useful underneath and in redzone.

I would spend a 6th or 7th on him and feel like it was great value added to the TE depth chart.
      Like Bates as both an underneath receiver, ST Ace, and as a blocker in both phases.

Others.....
      Kenny Yeboah
      Tre McKitty
      Noah Gray
      Zack Davidson
      Quintin Morris
      Dylan Soehner
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        Lots of short arm LTs in have had great success in the nfl is what one oline coach said in sirus with Pat Kirwan then his rattled off like ten names. The arm length debate is just nitpicking. The question is, can the play the position what does the tape say? If the tape says they can play you go with your grades.
        The whole arm length thing is no big deal to me...at least, above 33". A ton of starting tackles in the past few years have had 33" and change arms. Here is an article from 2013...still recent enough that the data is relevent.
        In a guest column Nate Washuta looks at the age-old question of what effect arm length actually has on OT play.

Granted, it's PFF...but if you read the whole article, they are upfront about the results, and the sample, and that there are other variables...but still a surprising lack of evidence that an OT with an arm length that lands between 33 and 34 inches, can't be successful in this league.
        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

That also has massive selection bias as they are all NFL players. What % of 32" arm tackles go from college to pro vs % of 34" arm tackles? What's the bust rate?

Short arms can be overcome with specific technique. In looking at film look for that technique.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
            That also has massive selection bias as they are all NFL players. What % of 32" arm tackles go from college to pro vs % of 34" arm tackles? What's the bust rate?

Short arms can be overcome with specific technique. In looking at film look for that technique.
            Don't really care...the question is whether or not a really good prospect at OT can be successful with 33 to 34 inch arms, in the NFL....the answer is yes, as there are several examples of such.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Don't really care...the question is whether or not a really good prospect at OT can be successful with 33 to 34 inch arms, in the NFL....the answer is yes, as there are several examples of such.
              And the traits that make a really good prospect are different with 32" arms vs 34" arms. You need an instinctive slap. Sewell shows it. I havent seen it from AVT but havent watched too much.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

And the traits that make a really good prospect are different with 32" arms vs 34" arms. You need an instinctive slap. Sewell shows it. I havent seen it from AVT but havent watched too much.
                Yea...AVT is even less than 33...I was focused more on the 33-34 range, with Sewell and Slater in mind. Where to draw the line? Well, I think it's fair to draw it in that range...but prospects hovering around it, but who possess outstanding tape, testing, or other measurements, can be great prospects, and eventually players.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

mock 35A.JPG Mock 35B.JPG

Starting base

DL

Basham - Wilson - Bosa
                  Quality depth, Joseph, Tillery, Jones, Payton Turner

I really like Basham's Size/Strength/Pass rush.

LB

Cox - Tranquill - Murray - Fackrell
                  Depth, White, Nwoso, Sample

CB

Davis - James - Adderly - Farley
                  Depth/nickle - Harris Jr., Deablo, Brown

For the O-Line, we'd have to hope that Pipkins comes on, or Little's ready to play
                  But, let's face it, It would be hard to be worse than Tevi.

Obvouly, I'd like sure fire picks on the O-line. Given that we've improved here dramatically in free agency, I'd think hard about a draft that addressed the Defensive side

I also like the idea of getting a guy like Dyami Brown as a value pick. That way, if we decide to let Mike Williams go next year, then we have a plausible starter (hopefully)

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Just a four rounder. No trades just let chips fall where they may.

LT, Christian Darrisaw
                    FS, Richie Grant
                    CB, Paulson Adebo
                    TE, Brevin Jordon
                    Edge, Quincy Roche.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post
                      mock 35A.JPG Mock 35B.JPG

Starting base

DL

Basham - Wilson - Bosa
                      Quality depth, Joseph, Tillery, Jones, Payton Turner

I really like Basham's Size/Strength/Pass rush.

LB

Cox - Tranquill - Murray - Fackrell
                      Depth, White, Nwoso, Sample

CB

Davis - James - Adderly - Farley
                      Depth/nickle - Harris Jr., Deablo, Brown

For the O-Line, we'd have to hope that Pipkins comes on, or Little's ready to play
                      But, let's face it, It would be hard to be worse than Tevi.

Obvouly, I'd like sure fire picks on the O-line. Given that we've improved here dramatically in free agency, I'd think hard about a draft that addressed the Defensive side

I also like the idea of getting a guy like Dyami Brown as a value pick. That way, if we decide to let Mike Williams go next year, then we have a plausible starter (hopefully)

Jabril Cox doesn't get a lot of mention around here but he's gotta be on the radar. He can play sideline to sideline with speed and agility AND can blitz and drop into coverage- sounds like a prototype for Staley's defense. And with Derwin's health issues, he'd be a great replacement.
                      I don't think he drops into 3rd so wouldn't be upset if TT grabs him at 47.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Jabril Cox doesn't get a lot of mention around here but he's gotta be on the radar. He can play sideline to sideline with speed and agility AND can blitz and drop into coverage- sounds like a prototype for Staley's defense. And with Derwin's health issues, he'd be a great replacement.
                        I don't think he drops into 3rd so wouldn't be upset if TT grabs him at 47.
                        I like Cox, I just not sure we are looking for a LB and will go with a safety instead or someone like JOK.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I like Cox, I just not sure we are looking for a LB and will go with a safety instead or someone like JOK.
                          Cox is more of a hybrid type, I believe? JOK will certainly be gone by 47 and Cox has a lot of similarities.
                          I think the major difference in the 2 are JOK is a better pressure guy whereas Cox is a better cover guy.
                          And I agree with you that LB is not a position of need this draft but I'd be ecstatic if either lined up for our D next year.

Comment

Working...
                          X