• Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    M16.0.png

This sim shook out as not being able to land an edge, but will teams risk drafting Araiza in the Top 120?
    I thought the chargers were already locked into their first three picks #17 in round one, #16 in round two (48th overall), and #15 in round three (79th over all) the rest of their pixs cannot be determined until after all the compensatory pix are awarded.

TT has never once traded down in 9 years
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I thought the chargers were already locked into their first three picks #17 in round one, #16 in round two (48th overall), and #15 in round three (79th over all) the rest of their pixs cannot be determined until after all the compensatory pix are awarded.

TT has never once traded down in 9 years
      Sub .500 Tom sucks.

Telesco.png

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Sub .500 Tom sucks.

Telesco.png
        Sub .500 Tom. Love it.

And nobody has more losses than SFHT, especially among the GMs with a losing record.
        Last edited by Formula 21; 01-17-2022, 09:30 AM.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Sub .500 Tom. Love it.
          Mind you he accomplished it all with above average QB play

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Word...look at Mitchell's stats for this past season...not bad for a 6th rounder...how come we end up with JAG's like Rountree and Kelley and the Niners get a late round gem like Mitchell?
            you know Cat, what's funny, is I went to check the depth chart for SF, and to compare the right side of the line for them, and.... hardly impressive, and not sure they're any better than our RG/RT ??

am also reminded of my Packer friend who marvels @their ability to sustain their success, and that despite that 4 of 5 starters from the beginning of the year are out w/injuries, and that given the fifth is a fourth round rookie, and that they're on their fourth and fifth string tackles.... ?? !!

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Back to the draft.

Echoing Beach's thoughts on P Matt Araiza. Folks starting talking about Araiza in the 3rd Round in November. I reluctantly agree. So, let's trade back in the first and pick up and extra 3rd and draft P Matt Araiza in the 3rd.

So the Chargers take DE Cameron Thomas (#99, 6-5, 270) and P Matt Araiza, TWO Aztecs in the 3rd Round. (And I've no SDSU connection.)
              got a friend that shared he'd use their (very late) first on Araiza, and.... think it'll take one of the same to land Thomas.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Curious to see if Lombardi can get Araiza to kick 40 yard punts.
                G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  Curious to see if Lombardi can get Araiza to kick 40 yard punts.
                  LOL...yep...since Lombo is into the "short pass" game, I wouldn't be surprised if he also favors the "short punt" game...

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Yuba View Post

I am glad that COVID has not affected you too badly and hope you have a full recovery soon.

In response to your post, I made two primary assertions in my previous post to QSmokey.

Blah, blah, blah
                    Same old Yuba. LOL!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Sub .500 Tom sucks.

Telesco.png
                      The only thing that matters is that he’s the perfect GM for the Spanos family. He’s a guy that’s 100% fine trading a football reputation for a salary. The guy is just a meat shield for the fans and the media. And that’s why we honestly don’t have a clue as to how good a GM he could actually be. I don’t think he’ll get another shot elsewhere but if he does we’ll find out later.

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The only thing that matters is that he’s the perfect GM for the Spanos family. He’s a guy that’s 100% fine trading a football reputation for a salary. The guy is just a meat shield for the fans and the media. And that’s why we honestly don’t have a clue as to how good a GM he could actually be. I don’t think he’ll get another shot elsewhere but if he does we’ll find out later.
                        The more I look at that chart, the sadder I get. 68 losses and a losing record. No other GM gets that leniency from their owners.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

got a friend that shared he'd use their (very late) first on Araiza, and.... think it'll take one of the same to land Thomas.
                          The only punter in history that was a first round pick is Ray Guy. The same team that is the only team to draft a kicker in the first round.

Is it impossible to happen again? No but it is unlikely.

Possibly a team that is on the cusp of a SB caliber team can afford to use a first or second on a punter but that isn't us.

Comment

Working...
                          X