• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Agree and disagree and thank you for the video. I said i didnt remember but am happy to agree that Tgoat deserves full credit for the fumble. But it wasn’t a big hit, I’m not sure from those angles he even hit the ball at all. He hit Roberts on the arm with an arm swipe, much as a returner gets hit on every return ever carried, and Roberts flat out barfed it up. But credit due - it was him.

so what. You never once argued early in the season about concern for losing Tbilly from punt return coverage. Not. Once. It’s 100% irrelevant to your season long Tgoat The Receiver campaign. It’s like for a year you argued that he was the greatest carpenter in the city yet not one other person would hire him to perform any carpentry anywhere. Then one day he bakes some cookies and you scream AHA - SEE!!!???

cookies are not cabinets. Punt coverage gunners are seldom, or can we affirm NEVER, great wide receivers? The greatest gunners in Charger history were wide receivers - notably lousy wide receivers.
    I'd say the horrible PI call on CHJ with Carr trying to throw it away 20 yards away from the PI call was a much bigger key to the loss which gave them a 1st down at the 1 yardline,. and they scored a TD than a fumble that led to 3 points.

They all factor in but that PI call was terrible and hurt us more.

So give TBilly some credit but not sure what what is trying to be said.
    There are many factors and all led to the loss but that PI was big going against us.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-16-2022, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

it wasn’t a muff. The ball was stripped. Pretty sure Ty was the guy that stripped it. Otherwise carry on
      T-billy stripped it; It was an important play for the Raiders.
      As for T-billy stipping it with a big hit - that's a certain poster running away with his imagination again.

My grandmother could deliver a bigger hit.

T-billy happened to be at the right place.and stuck his hand out instead of delivering the bone crunching blow.
      Not much can be extrapolated beyond that..although i'm sure one here will try.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Back to the draft.

Echoing Beach's thoughts on P Matt Araiza. Folks starting talking about Araiza in the 3rd Round in November. I reluctantly agree. So, let's trade back in the first and pick up and extra 3rd and draft P Matt Araiza in the 3rd.

So the Chargers take DE Cameron Thomas (#99, 6-5, 270) and P Matt Araiza, TWO Aztecs in the 3rd Round. (And I've no SDSU connection.)

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Kindly, take the take the TBILLY talk to the any number of threads on this subject, I come here to get away from that.

Thank you, in advance.

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

49ers chose Mitchell in 6th round....... Chargers could have taken him instead of round tree..... 49ers know RB's better than TT......

Watching 49ers vs cowgirls, when Bosa stunts into middle, another 49er DL switches to contain on outside so a mobile QB cannot escape...... novel idea....

Whenever the Chargers bosa stunts up middle or takes inside route, NO ONE on chargers defense covers the outside so the QB usually escapes that way for huge gain as a run or as a deep pass play.....

Is that on stupid players or bad coaching?

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
              49ers chose Mitchell in 6th round....... Chargers could have taken him instead of round tree..... 49ers know RB's better than TT......

Watching 49ers vs cowgirls, when Bosa stunts into middle, another 49er DL switches to contain on outside so a mobile QB cannot escape...... novel idea....

Whenever the Chargers bosa stunts up middle or takes inside route, NO ONE on chargers defense covers the outside so the QB usually escapes that way for huge gain as a run or as a deep pass play.....

Happened too often. Charger defensive linemen did not communicate with each other evidently.

At the end of the day, it is the coaches responsibility

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I am glad that COVID has not affected you too badly and hope you have a full recovery soon.

In response to your post, I made two primary assertions in my previous post to QSmokey.

1. Johnson was a key factor in the loss to the Raiders. Johnson forced the Roberts fumble, which led directly to a LV TD. Points off of turnovers clearly matter in a close game. Johnson's play was huge for the Raiders. Here is the video that proves that Johnson forced the fumble (Johnson is #17):

2. QSmokey's focus on Johnson's stats this year with other teams represents a poor analytical approach in evaluating how Johnson would have fared with the Chargers this season. In his post, QSmokey focused on Johnson's stats this year for other teams, which seems like a poor way of thinking about it when we already know what Johnson can do when paired with Herbert. And, to be fair, QSmokey has not been the only poster to make this argument.

When Johnson and Herbert played together, the pairing worked. The gross production was limited because Johnson only had 26 targets in 12 games (20 receptions, 398 yards, 19.9 yards per reception, 3 TDs), but the targeting of Johnson produced the highest QB rating of any receiver regardless of position (WR, TE, RB) in the entire NFL in 2020. Clearly, Herbert and Johnson worked well together.

In my view, actual performance for our team is a better indicator of what Johnson would have done than his performance with other teams.

Regarding other points you raised, I agree that Herbert can make receivers look good. IMO, Herbert is the best QB in the NFL right now. In fact, I have recently borrowed from the Matrix in my posts and have said regarding Herbert that "he is the one" because he is. However, there is a difference between making a JAG receiver look good and a QB/WR combination producing the best QB efficiency in the entire NFL. Clearly, Johnson more than did his part as well.

Before the season began, I posited that our very deep passing game would take a hit because we cut Johnson. Our very deep passing game did take a hit this year as there were fewer completed very large air yards passes this year versus last year. I maintain that the absence of Johnson played a significant role in that result. I think the evidence on that point is fairly compelling. You, of course, are free to reach your own conclusion.
                Thank you brother chain, doing very well on now day 6 and well beyond the risk zone - blessed and grateful.

I guess what’s confusing is the only point I can see of you saying Tbilly was a key factor is to re-present it as somehow relevant to your prior repeated position. The two are completely unrelated. His forced fumble adds zero evidence to your long running position. Jmo.

you have to first fire Lombardi and reinstall Steichen’s offense. Tbilly would not be playing in the 2020 offense if he had been here. You discount the coaches who determined he could not execute the new system. They saw all the tape you watched last year. They also saw him every day in practice, in meetings, and working out, which you didn’t. So he went to JAX, and he couldn’t execute there either. Then he popped up in LV, but he didn’t execute that offense either. So its all just conjecture by you. Thats fine, we heard ya. And heard ya. And heard ya. You can have that opinion, but you were a lawyer for way too long if you think that makes it fact.

I’m a former engineer background, last 20 yrs I’ve been in medical device leading teams in quality, regulatory, and relevant here - risk management. we don’t make those leaps of assumption as people die if we do. A component that worked in Product A is never assumed to work the same in Product B because, again, people die if we’re wrong.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Word...look at Mitchell's stats for this past season...not bad for a 6th rounder...how come we end up with JAG's like Rountree and Kelley and the Niners get a late round gem like Mitchell?

mitchell.JPG

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Thank you brother chain, doing very well on now day 6 and well beyond the risk zone - blessed and grateful.

I guess what’s confusing is the only point I can see of you saying Tbilly was a key factor is to re-present it as somehow relevant to your prior repeated position. The two are completely unrelated. His forced fumble adds zero evidence to your long running position. Jmo.

you have to first fire Lombardi and reinstall Steichen’s offense. Tbilly would not be playing in the 2020 offense if he had been here. You discount the coaches who determined he could not execute the new system. They saw all the tape you watched last year. They also saw him every day in practice, in meetings, and working out, which you didn’t. So he went to JAX, and he couldn’t execute there either. Then he popped up in LV, but he didn’t execute that offense either. So its all just conjecture by you. Thats fine, we heard ya. And heard ya. And heard ya. You can have that opinion, but you were a lawyer for way too long if you think that makes it fact.

I’m a former engineer background, last 20 yrs I’ve been in medical device leading teams in quality, regulatory, and relevant here - risk management. we don’t make those leaps of assumption as people die if we do. A component that worked in Product A is never assumed to work the same in Product B because, again, people die if we’re wrong.
                    That is his same repeated shit all season long. YAWN.

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Word...look at Mitchell's stats for this past season...not bad for a 6th rounder...how come we end up with JAG's like Rountree and Kelley and the Niners get a late round gem like Mitchell?

mitchell.JPG
                      The million dollar question, ha ha!

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

M15.0.png

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

M16.0.png

This sim shook out as not being able to land an edge, but will teams risk drafting Araiza in the Top 120?

Comment

Working...
                          X