• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I agree with this. I think it will be difficult to find a decent RT in FA at a reasonable price. The scarcity of tackles makes them expensive and they rarely hit FA. This is especially true of LTs, but is still true to a lesser degree with RTs. I think this draft has similar depth to last draft (or even better) at tackle so there should be someone capable of playing there at 17 or maybe even in the mid 20s if we trade back.

I'm not sure that RT will be a homerun pick like Slater was last year, but looking at the needs this team has, the FA market, and the draft prospects, I think RT will be the hardest to fill in FA or later rounds of the draft.
    I would like to grab a reasonably priced RT free agent like Dennis Kelly or possibly Morgan Moses. So we’ve already up graded RT, but if the right guy is available at 17 or in round 2, we can still pull the trigger.

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

thanks for posting that. if the Chargers get a comp pick for Jenkins - that might be a good pick to use on Araiza or allow the earlier 4th round pick to use on Araiza

But Camada being a good prospect is also good. Chargers need a new P.
      Jenkins is likely wiped out by Linsley. We project to getting four comp picks, but they’ll all be in the last two rounds (6th and 7th).

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Chargers got Slater at 13 so I think in R1 or R2 - there will be options for RT available. The names that I think would be available are Morgan Moses or Dennis Kelly in true free agency.

I think I would roll with Pipkins and the draft for RT help. Same with CB. Guys like Carlton Davis from Tampa or the player from NE (if he is not franchised) - could be priced pretty high - not that the Chargers do not have the cap space. But in free agency, looking for two guys to help out Justin Jones. Or maybe Davante Adams
        If Jordon Davis is there at 17, I’d sure take him before any RT. I agree with Popper on that call.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Agreed, on every point made. Second, Trading back a position in the 1st Round would allow for that luxury pick on a P the second day of the draft, feasible.

That said, Trusting Telesco to successfully pull-off a trade-down is surely an outlier in scenarios among the Charger faithful.
          I love Araiza, but if he’s going in Rd 2, I’m looking at the next best punter in the draft - no earlier than 4. We have bigger needs for impact players imo. I could be wrong.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

For teams like us with traditionally poor ST, Araiza is an even more valuable prospect
            my guess is that he doesn't escape the 3rd round
            Wouldn't die of shock if he goes late 2nd

He projects to affect EVERY GAME through field position.
            No way. I was thinking 4th round and if there are other good punters in this draft I don't think a team has to use a real early pick.
            Idk I'd be stunned if someone used a 2nd in a punter. Never know, I've seen crazy things. Never thought Jamarcus Russel was even a first round talent lol.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I love Araiza, but if he’s going in Rd 2, I’m looking at the next best punter in the draft - no earlier than 4. We have bigger needs for impact players imo. I could be wrong.
              Georgia punter Jake Camarda is nothing to turn our noses up at. Camarda is still #1 punter on some lists, per-draft workouts. They will be changed and Camarda is a solid #2 choice.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Georgia punter Jake Camarda is nothing to turn our noses up at. Camarda is still #1 punter on some lists, per-draft workouts. They will be changed and Camarda is a solid #2 choice.
                Whats funny is Araiza’s first 2 years he was only the placekicker. He did well, picked up where Barron left off. I guess last year in camp some coach thought to try him as punter and said holy fuck! He’d had 5 punts total his first 2 years, and trust me - the Aztecs punted a lot.

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

For teams like us with traditionally poor ST, Araiza is an even more valuable prospect
                  my guess is that he doesn't escape the 3rd round
                  Wouldn't die of shock if he goes late 2nd

He projects to affect EVERY GAME through field position.
                  AK47: Dude what are you guys thinking drafting a punter....

AK47 upon watching the YouTube vids: woah! If we had this kid best believe Staley goes for 4th downs less often.

Comment

• SBbound
                    Casual fanatic
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Merced/San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    Enough of this Araiza talk.

Have you never heard of
                    "outkicking the coverage ?"

Besides, his booming kicks will damage The Oculus.
                    That would be pretty impressive since the oculus is even with the back of the endzone
                    and 200 feet above the field.

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If Jordon Davis is there at 17, I’d sure take him before any RT. I agree with Popper on that call.
                      This to me is the storyline of the Chargers draft in the 1 round.... I would put it like this do the Chargers draft Jordan Davis if he is there at 17 or draft Trevor Penning? Either way the Chargers would be drafting a starter that would upgrade what is currently here.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Crazy to pass on J. Davis if there at 17.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          Crazy to pass on J. Davis if there at 17.
                          Unless we sign 2 DTs in free agency then it frees us up for something else.

Comment

Working...
                          X