Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

My 1st Round WR crush is Jameson Williams. He'll be the best WR in this draft, IMO. But I value RT, DT, CB, EDGE, OG higher.
    He will be a top five pick. It would cost a lot to trade up that high. You're right though, he really is great.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

He will be a top five pick. It would cost a lot to trade up that high. You're right though, he really is great.
      I like Jameson too but i like Burks just as much. Just not on a WR in the first round right now but if we do, those two work for me. Probably need to trade up for both though.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I like Jameson too but i like Burks just as much. Just not on a WR in the first round right now but if we do, those two work for me. Probably need to trade up for both though.
        I'm not as fan of taking a WR in round one right now either, but if they could make some nice hits in the FA period I may change my mind. My imagination tells me a big armed QB like Herbert and a speedy WR like Jameson could really give us some thrills in the future. I like Burks too but he's not a real speedster - I see him as a bigger, stronger type WR with soft hands.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

I'm not as fan of taking a WR in round one right now either, but if they could make some nice hits in the FA period I may change my mind. My imagination tells me a big armed QB like Herbert and a speedy WR like Jameson could really give us some thrills in the future. I like Burks too but he's not a real speedster - I see him as a bigger, stronger type WR with soft hands.
          Exactly. Free agency will be more telling going into the draft. I still think they try and bring back MW but we'll see. We dont need a 4.3 guy at WR. Tyreek Hill is fast but its his YAC that sets him apart. He has a returners mentality after the catch along with that speed.

Burks looks to be faster than MW to go with those big mits. IDK i hope TT knocks FA'cy out of the park and gets the right key players so the draft can be more open. Having extra picks is great but im not expecting 6th and 7th rounders to help much as rookies and isn't really a way of getting that immediate help.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-30-2021, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Exactly. Free agency will be more telling going into the draft. I still think they try and bring back MW but we'll see. We dont need a 4.3 guy at WR. Tyreek Hill is fast but its his YAC that sets him apart. He has a returners mentality after the catch along with that speed.

Burks looks to be faster than MW to go with those big mits. IDK i hope TT knocks FA'cy out of the park and gets the right key players so the draft can be more open. Having extra picks is great but im not expecting 6th and 7th rounders to help much as rookies and arent really a way of getting that immediate help.
            I agree with everything you said.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

I dunno at WR. I think a little Wan'dale type speed on the outside might make defenses go hmmmmmmm.......

Flash some 4.3 out there

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

I have yet to see Jameson Williams projected in the top-5, but it could easily happen. Pro days and combine will hash out the WR1 in this draft. At this point I believe Jameson and Burks are neck and neck. Each of them offers different things. Might come down to who the QB of the drafting team is.

A weaker arm QB might benefit more from Burks whereas a guy like Herbert might need a pure burner.
                Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Los Angeles
                  • Send PM

I want day 1 starters, not sure If I have patience for anymore developmental type players like Tillery or Murray.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I have yet to see Jameson Williams projected in the top-5, but it could easily happen. .
                    Now that you read my post, so you have seen him projected as top five.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

Kevin Harris ran through the Tar Heels like prime George Rogers.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Now that you read my post, so you have seen him projected as top five.
                        I stand corrected!!

Personally, my WR ranking go something like this:
                        1A: Jameson Williams
                        1B: Treylon Burks
                        2A: Jahan Dotson
                        2B: Drake London
                        3. Garrett Wilson
                        4. Chris Olave
                        5. David Bell
                        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                          I want day 1 starters, not sure If I have patience for anymore developmental type players like Tillery or Murray.
                          it has always caught my attention w/how peoples claim Lombardi orchestrates some version of the Saints/Payton scheme, but then the question looms.... do we draft like them ??

where we drafted Jerry, they drafted OC Erik McCoy, and where we drafted Kenneth Murray, they drafted OC Cesar Ruiz.

my current draft strategy is to look Edge Defender round one, and then hope that Zion Johnson is still on the board round two, and if not, then hopefully Daniel Faalele is still there.

a safer bet might be to nab Zion round one and then look for Faalele round two.... what would New Orleans do ??
                          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

Working...
                          X