• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

seems like Staley underachieved, and while Coach Lynn overachieved last season.... ??

and does seem like we're full up @OG for next season, w/Feiler, Oboushi, Jaimes and Scho.... historically it would seem our FO wouldn't bother w/bringing anyone in, given the numbers @the position.... I hope that's not the case for this next offseason, as would like to see us add a solid guard if opportunity knocks.

the OL is def of some intrigue, as to the fates of Storm 'n Pips, and Jaimes and Scho ?? not to mention are we willing to take our chances w/Linsley again next season ??

would also agree that the D, and the Dline in particular are a priority, and..... that said, am not going about my biz, w/fixing this or that as my focus, as personally my focus is most always on the players, and who makes the best Chargers ??

again personally two of my fave FA targets are Malik McDowell and Danny Shelton, albeit they both are prolly a bit on the risky side ?? regardless there are some gets in FA and the draft, and like it or not, do think we're @the mercy of team Tommy John, and specifically the growth/learning curve of one young John Spanos.
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      seems like Staley underachieved, and while Coach Lynn overachieved last season.... ??

and does seem like we're full up @OG for next season, w/Feiler, Oboushi, Jaimes and Scho.... historically it would seem our FO wouldn't bother w/bringing anyone in, given the numbers @the position.... I hope that's not the case for this next offseason, as would like to see us add a solid guard if opportunity knocks.

the OL is def of some intrigue, as to the fates of Storm 'n Pips, and Jaimes and Scho ?? not to mention are we willing to take our chances w/Linsley again next season ??

would also agree that the D, and the Dline in particular are a priority, and..... that said, am not going about my biz, w/fixing this or that as my focus, as personally my focus is most always on the players, and who makes the best Chargers ??

again personally two of my fave FA targets are Malik McDowell and Danny Shelton, albeit they both are prolly a bit on the risky side ?? regardless there are some gets in FA and the draft, and like it or not, do think we're @the mercy of team Tommy John, and specifically the growth/learning curve of one young John Spanos.
      We second tier backups playing as starters on our oline. It's a shitshow on the right side.

:wtf:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
        Yeah the D is shit but Herbert is the team period.One of the Many hits he took from the right side tonite looked like he might have been injured.Finish the o line before fixing another section of TTs failures.And yes TT has failed at his job and better be fired.How many years and 2 PO appearances?Enough with mediocrity.Im disgusted.
        one thing 'bout the Oline, speaking for mysefl, is that given we have 4+ FAs on the line, would prefer to bring in a rookie or coupla few, if possible from the draft.

hope we can do better than we did w/Lamp & Feeney, but am looking @Oline day two in the draft.

and of course, we still have to be on the lookout in FA, as if there is a good fit for us there, then think we need to get after it as well in FA, and.... given that Bulaga is likely being let go.
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

one thing 'bout the Oline, speaking for mysefl, is that given we have 4+ FAs on the line, would prefer to bring in a rookie or coupla few, if possible from the draft.

hope we can do better than we did w/Lamp & Feeney, but am looking @Oline day two in the draft.

and of course, we still have to be on the lookout in FA, as if there is a good fit for us there, then think we need to get after it as well in FA, and.... given that Bulaga is likely being let go.
          He's gone. Because of him he cost us enough of the season on the right side of the line. Him and Norton can go pound sand!

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            The point is both are limited players who get beat in pass protection. Goff used to get beat by quick players all the time, and we were a run 1st team most of the time he played, which helped hide his weaknesses in athleticism.

The point is when you are grading on a relative scale, someone is ALWAYS (by definition) the worst player. It is going to take all our quality picks to get multiple OL to help the team it would one, not help the team immediately (it would take several years to pay off), and the biggest weakness on the team is NOT the OL.

The biggest weakness is still the D. We gave up 174 yards rushing to the Raiders tonight. Gave up the same number of sacks, and for a good part of the 4th quarter, we were forced to throw on every down. This season, we gave up the most points in the 4th quarter of any D EVER.
            my suspicion is that our FO needs to raise the floor of the roster, as think our ceiling is plenty high enough as it is.... a coupla few Gary Plummer/Roman Obens would likely do wonders for this roster.

for myself, would really hope to buoy the Dline, as back in the day, most every good team had one.... Fearsome Foursome, the Purple People Eaters, Orange Crush, Steel Curtain.... who else ??

we also need to move on from the likes of CHJ, Cook, Fackrell, Senio, Bulaga, and Caraun Reid, as don't think there's a Denzel or Hayward in the bunch.

and know peoples have been talking about the likes of Vic Fangio, but first phone call I'd make is to bring in Joe Brady as QB coach.

would also bid adieu to Giff Smith and let Staley bring in a Dline coach of his choosing.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

After watching Storm norton and schofield all night I wanted to puke how many drives we're destroyed by their crappiness and watched Carr take naps in his backfield. We looked dumb again and missed the playoffs again because of shitty management.
              The O and OL played well enough to win.

The D letting the other team run through them was what did it for me. We scored 32 points and lost, that should tell you what the problem is right there. Only the Jets & Lions allowed more points than we did this season (we tied Atlanta). The FUCKING Jaguars allowed 2 points less than we did.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I'm wondering if Lombardi purposely sabotaged this game by completely exposing Storm Norton so he gets a solid replacement. He probably knew we wouldn't go far into the playoffs with the right side shit show! I'm optimistic in the sense that the Chargers will have a ton of game footage to determine who stays and who goes. Maybe we should keep Mike Williams and plan on releasing KA after next season. KA is a good receiver but if he's doubled teamed he's shut down completely. We have bright spots it's just that this years ugly players brought down the house too many times. Herbert did enough to get us into the playoffs it's the stupid mismanagement that got us kicked out way to early.

:coffee:
                Shut down completely means he would of had zero catches. He had 5 and some were key first downs.

Our defense is the bigger problem. We scored 32 points and lost!

Comment

• JAFA
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Defense is the primary fix this offseason . . . . I could even live with Norton at RT again (I can't believe I'm actually typing that) if we had a defense.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Los Angeles
                    • Send PM

Hopefully Jordan Davis has a terrible game so he lands to 17.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Oday and Schofield are both pending UFA.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Will Anderson Jr?

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Oday and Schofield are both pending UFA.
                          Don't let the door knob hit you on the way out!

:shifty:

Comment

Working...
                          X