• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

understood, and has always been your prerogative, and.... looking by position, would say wideout (if minus MW), and CB are the two most likely first round candidates ??

WR * if MW is not resigned, then a first round replacement is def on the table me would thinx ??
    TE * think everyone agrees that there is no Kyle Pitts in this draft
    RB * again don't see an LT or like in the bunch
    OT * had to add this one in, as gotta give this some consideration given our situation w/Pips 'n Storm
    NT * if we don't resign Joseph, it does make sense to consider Jordan Davis @17, but given that many of us here think we'll look IDL in FA, and that some of us aren't certain he'll be on board come 17, think it's unlikely that we hold out for a single player, vs. the receiver and corner groups, which both have multiple first round options, so you are less likely to be left holding the (empty) bag
    DT * again given that we've already got a couple there, and that we may do something here in FA, and not sure there is a bonafide cluster @17, it prolly makes more sense to wait for day two or to take care of your biz in FA, and make IDL a luxury pick in the draft ??
    ED * if they resign Uchenna, they do it as their starter, which lessens the need for one there, and would more so be looking for a Bosa backup/Fackrell replacement, no ??
    LB * if they resign Kyzir, on top of Drue and on top of Obong and Niemann, that not only makes Murray a luxury, but a first round selection unlikely ??
    CB * it's easy/not too difficult to spin the depth @alotta positions as on the scary side, as wud mentions the state of the cover corners union as borderline dire, ........
    Telesco has always taken the top player at a position of need in the 1rst round: the old 'only remaining player we had a 1rst round grade on' line.
    It might not be a cornerback.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

this is a guy that Ninj is apparently high on for 2023,

ps. keep your eye out for nfldraft.ninja (his wifey got him the domain name, but don't think he's yet to get it up and running....)
      I think Ninja is alone.....some yahoo had a 5th round grade on him for 2023.
      Couldn't find anyone else frothing at the mouth about him.

Do we get to tee-off on Ninja during his sabbatical?
      :troll:

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Penning has some serious foot hand and bend issues.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Penning has some serious foot hand and bend issues.
          6-1, 223 lb. Kyron Johnson getting under Penning's skin (and pads). Johnson did the same thing to Abraham Lucas during one of their reps, too.
          It won't be a regular thing. Probably big bullies under-estimating their opponent.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Telesco has always taken the top player at a position of need in the 1rst round: the old 'only remaining player we had a 1rst round grade on' line.
            It might not be a cornerback.
            who do you upgrade.... Storm or Uchenna ??

then there's Linval & CHJ.... not to mention Murray/Kyzir ?? !!

MW/HH/Cook ??? a(r)Tillery upgrade ??
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

6-1, 223 lb. Kyron Johnson getting under Penning's skin (and pads). Johnson did the same thing to Abraham Lucas during one of their reps, too.
              It won't be a regular thing. Probably big bullies under-estimating their opponent.
              Hand placement, pad level, and opening the outside hip leaving him vulnerable to counter/power moves are consistent issues in his tape. They caused him to lose reps even at FCS level.

He has big upside but his rookie year might be rough in pass pro. It only takes a couple look out blocks before the fans turn on you.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

who do you upgrade.... Storm or Uchenna ??
                It's RT Bernhard Raimann. Or EDGE Travon Walker or Cameron Thomas. Those my evals, not the club's.

then there's Linval & CHJ.... not to mention Murray/Kyzir ?? !!
                Linval be leaving and being replaced F.A. Harris be leaving and I believe the corners and the D-line, and the EDGE rotation all will be addressed in the draft, as well as free agency. We've the money and the quantity of selections to do just that, but we've got to trust Telesco's hand, guided by Staley + Renaldo Hill to do so. Anxiety there, is warranted.

Here comes the really ugly part, Tillery and Murray are staying, IMO. This franchise doesn't admit 1st Round personnel mistakes.

MW/HH/Cook ??? a(r)Tillery upgrade ??
                We don't know McKitty isn't the guy at TE, yet. I prefer to supplement TE in F.A. and we all have our favorite productive guys: TE David Njoku is 25 years old. Same boat as Mike Williams. 5th year contract exercised by club, and now qualifies for unrestricted F.A.

David Njoku contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

As much as I would like Penning to abuse Max Crosby I think it’s more important to get Bosa some help so they can abuse Mahomes, Carr, Burroughs, and Aaron Rodgers if winds up with the Donkeys.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

It's RT Bernhard Raimann. Or EDGE Travon Walker or Cameron Thomas. Those my evals, not the club's.

Here comes the really ugly part, Tillery and Murray are staying, IMO. This franchise doesn't admit 1st Round personnel mistakes.

We don't know McKitty isn't the guy at TE, yet. I prefer to supplement TE in F.A. and we all have our favorite productive guys: TE David Njoku is 25 years old. Same boat as Mike Williams. 5th year contract exercised by club, and now qualifies for unrestricted F.A.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/clevelan...d-njoku-21770/
                    that's why I've thrown out the possibility of trading for OJ Howard, as his projected salary is fairly reasonable compared to Njoku's or a guy like Gesicki @TE, and while still allowing Parham and McKitty to develop, who together make a nice rotation @TE2, if someone like Howard is your TE1 ??

and it does seem like Raimann has passed Penning and even Cross for earlier first round consideration, and taken more space ahead of Kinnard and Max Mitchell, who along w/Faalele all seemed to slip a bit SB week ??

so I guess the next ? is, will someone select Bernhard before 17 now ?? my best guess atm is.... yes,

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

that's why I've thrown out the possibility of trading for OJ Howard, as his projected salary is fairly reasonable compared to Njoku's or a guy like Gesicki @TE, and while still allowing Parham and McKitty to develop, who together make a nice rotation @TE2, if someone like Howard is your TE1 ??

and it does seem like Raimann has passed Penning and even Cross for earlier first round consideration, and taken more space ahead of Kinnard and Max Mitchell, who along w/Faalele all seemed to slip a bit SB week ??

so I guess the next ? is, will someone select Bernhard before 17 now ?? my best guess atm is.... yes,
                      I love the Chargers 13 personnel group. I believe the Chargers are far more likely to draft a TE than trade for a player.

Raimann's stock rising suggests an RT rising, which means an EDGE prospect is dropping. Displacement.

Raimann is a sound German athletic freak, at RT in 1st Round Groupings. (EDGE Jermaine Johnson, Travon Walker, Cameron Thomas, CB Trent McDuffie, S Lewis Cine)

Phidarian Mathis is in my 2nd Round Groupings.

Max Mitchell is in my 3rd Round Groupings.

CB in the 4th.

As I view it, the Chargers have got to walk out of the first three Rounds with a starting EDGE, DT, and RT and then CB is next priority.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

36.0.png

Fast 5 Rounder.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I love the Chargers 13 personnel group. I believe the Chargers are far more likely to draft a TE than trade for a player.

Raimann's stock rising suggests an RT rising, which means an EDGE prospect is dropping. Displacement.

Raimann is a sound German athletic freak, at RT in 1st Round Groupings. (EDGE Jermaine Johnson, Travon Walker, Cameron Thomas, CB Trent McDuffie, S Lewis Cine)

Phidarian Mathis is in my 2nd Round Groupings.

Max Mitchell is in my 3rd Round Groupings.

CB in the 4th.

As I view it, the Chargers have got to walk out of the first three Rounds with a starting EDGE, DT, and RT and then CB is next priority.

CB should be 1st or 2nd priority. But then, we have to see what FA'cy brings. We getting some of this there of CB,DT,Edge.
                          Then it gets prioritized.

Comment

Working...
                          X