2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Again Moore just said on record he wants speed WR's that's because if you look at his offense the receivers are constantly running go routes and slants on any given play! Let's look at the tape on Hyatt, he looks like he fits the bill with exactly what Moore wants at WR! Yes Allen is a better WR that's obvious but is he the type of WR that Moore is currently requesting???

He didnt say "wants" and Telesco didnt say "need". They said speed is nice and would like to have some of it.

Lamb ran a 4.5, Gallup ran a 4.51. Noah Brown ran a 4.56.....we have those already. But Lamb gets YAC.

I have already seen Hyatts tape, and it is misleading. Need to find a whole game where he isnt wide open by 5 or more yards on a go route. Highlight videos arent a good gauge but if it's all you got, then thats all you got..
    I try to find a game or more if i can, of the players every play in those games. Some guys have them broken down so you dont need to watch the entire game. So it is out there and you dont just see a highlight.

Again, YAC is more important than straight speed but speed is nice but if you arent much more than a Go route guy, like Guyton,... what good is it? Me, id much rather have Flowers, Downs or maybe Mims over Hyatt. But Hyatts HR potentual is big. But good DCs can shut him down, they cant shut down the WR who is like a return man with the ball after the catch.

Hyatt will make some plays no doubt but he is not the same type of WR that Tyreek Hill is even if he is just as fast.

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He didnt say "wants" and Telesco didnt say "need". They said speed is nice and would like to have some of it.

Lamb ran a 4.5, Gallup ran a 4.51. Noah Brown ran a 4.56.....we have those already. But Lamb gets YAC.

I have already seen Hyatts tape, and it is misleading. Need to find a whole game where he isnt wide open by 5 or more yards on a go route. Highlight videos arent a good gauge but if it's all you got, then thats all you got..
      I try to find a game or more if i can, of the players every play in those games. Some guys have them broken down so you dont need to watch the entire game. So it is out there and you dont just see a highlight.

Again, YAC is more important than straight speed but speed is nice but if you arent much more than a Go route guy, like Guyton,... what good is it? Me, id much rather have Flowers, Downs or maybe Mims over Hyatt. But Hyatts HR potentual is big. But good DCs can shut him down, they cant shut down the WR who is like a return man with the ball after the catch.

Hyatt will make some plays no doubt but he is not the same type of WR that Tyreek Hill is even if he is just as fast.
      Dude you make my head hurt with your, he didn't say he wants or needs speed reply, are you okay? Moore spoke on saying Speed at WR is a desire of his in the offense he wants to run, I apologize if you wanted a verbatim reply in regard to what Moore said to understand the point! Put it this way so maybe you'll understand the point, IF the Chargers intend on drafting a WR in the first round or 2nd or 3rd, it would be a mistake not to seriously consider drafting Hyatt if he is on the board when they draft. Regardless if you don't think Hyatt has the right stuff or could be a good WR in Moore's offense or on the Chargers! Read this post real slow so you understand it! Just because you have already seen the tape means nothing! Are you being paid in the NFL to scout players or are just a fan like me making fan observations? No one is guaranteeing any college player is going to be anything before they play in the NFL like you are with Flowers, Downs, or maybe Mims I'm not saying they won't be good or bad or better like you are because you don't know for sure, no one does, tho I like Flower's potential over your other 2 WR's, you seem to be guaranteeing Hyatt is not going to be anything special as a matter of fact!

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Dude you make my head hurt with your, he didn't say wants or needs speed reply, are you okay? Moore spoke on saying Speed at WR is a desire of his in the offense he wants to run, I apologize if you wanted a verbatim reply in regard to what Moore said to understand the point! Put it this way so maybe you'll understand the point, IF the Chargers intend on drafting a WR in the first round or 2nd or 3rd, it would be a mistake not to seriously consider drafting Hyatt if he is on the board when they draft. Regardless if you don't think Hyatt has the right stuff or could be a good WR in Moore's offense or on the Chargers! Read this post real slow so you understand it! Just because you have already seen the tape means nothing! Are you being paid in the NFL to scout players or are just a fan like me making fan observations?
        Well that's rich. You trying to explain to me? Lol.
        I'll pass!
        I saw the videos and we have the 4.5 -4.55 guys he had in Dallas. It's a different skill set we need and don't have. And I didn't say I didn't want Hyatt. Just like a few others better.

Maybe take your own advice. Never hurts to learn the game and perhaps why your head hurts.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

I'll pass!
          I saw the videos and we have the 4.5 -4.55 guys he had in Dallas. It's a different skill set we need and don't have. And I didn't say I didn't want Hyatt. Just like a few others better.

Maybe take your own advice. Never hurts to learn the game and perhaps why your head hurts.
          Whatever you say man, whatever you say!

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Lol,...well if a go route counts for Steller route running, then sure.

Hyatt is blazing fast but we can't even get a read on his route running because all he does is go long and is open by a mimimum of 5 yards.

If we want a true YAC WR with some speed, Flowers is the guy with a more advanced route tree

Don't get me wrong, I like the speed, I like Hyatt, would like to have him....the HR capability but good DCs can take that away. But YAC is deadly.
            And NO, he isn't better than Keenan. Hyatt has zero snaps in the NFL.

CeeDee Lamb can run with the ball well and he runs a 4.5.
            I watched most of the Tennessee games last year and he did mostly run deep routes. The question is, is he really a one trick pony or is just doing what his role in the offense is? They had other receivers doing the underneath stuff. He certainly has more wiggle and open field moves than Guyton did but I don't know either way how much wiggle he has.

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

I'll pass!

Dallas is looking to add WRs. In fact one Cowboy blog claims they want our K. Allen. Certainly not a speed guy, but would complement Lamb.
              If you have guys that can get separation it's not necessary to have a 4.3 guy. Area quickness and moves can get you behind a DB and then
              whether you run 4.3 or 4.5 is moot. Jerry Rice proved that.

Problem we have is only Allen gets separation and he's not YAC receiver. He usually finds room underneath zone coverage and goes down after
              the catch. Our offense suffered in the medium, long passing game when one or both of Allen, MW were out. That's exactly why we need
              another receiver. A better TE option would also be welcome. Of course one huge thing that would make a difference is a running game.
              We hope Moore and the return of Slater will help.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I watched most of the Tennessee games last year and he did mostly run deep routes. The question is, is he really a one trick pony or is just doing what his role in the offense is? They had other receivers doing the underneath stuff. He certainly has more wiggle and open field moves than Guyton did but I don't know either way how much wiggle he has.
                Agree there, it's just hard to get a good read on him for how he was used.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Lol,...well if a go route counts for Steller route running, then sure.

Hyatt is blazing fast but we can't even get a read on his route running because all he does is go long and is open by a mimimum of 5 yards.
                  arm

I'd sure hate for us to have a WR that "all he does is go long and is open by a minimum of 5 yards." With Herbert's arm strength throwing to a guy that's open by five yards would soon get boring! Imagine a deep TD play every time we get the ball. We wouldn't like that.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    arm

I'd sure hate for us to have a WR that "all he does is go long and is open by a minimum of 5 yards." With Herbert's arm strength throwing to a guy that's open by five yards would soon get boring! Imagine a deep TD play every time we get the ball. We wouldn't like that.
                    Well that's true but any good DC will notice if all he does is go routes, they will notice him in the game and adjust for that.
                    He won't be going against college CBs who wont be drafted but he will make plays no doubt, but it will just be a little tougher.

I'm just saying a bigger weapon is a WR with speed who is good with YAC.

Guyton can run go routes and occasionally gets a long ball but he isn't much else.

Never said I didn't like Hyatt, I do. And perhaps he has more than what we see on tape but highlights are just that. Flowers imo is a bigger weapon but agree, Hyatt brings another element as well.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Dallas is looking to add WRs. In fact one Cowboy blog claims they want our K. Allen. Certainly not a speed guy, but would complement Lamb.
                      If you have guys that can get separation it's not necessary to have a 4.3 guy. Area quickness and moves can get you behind a DB and then
                      whether you run 4.3 or 4.5 is moot. Jerry Rice proved that.

Problem we have is only Allen gets separation and he's not YAC receiver. He usually finds room underneath zone coverage and goes down after
                      the catch. Our offense suffered in the medium, long passing game when one or both of Allen, MW were out. That's exactly why we need
                      another receiver. A better TE option would also be welcome. Of course one huge thing that would make a difference is a running game.
                      We hope Moore and the return of Slater will help.
                      100+ catches, 1,000+ yards, 10.5 avg is useful on any offense. MW is a top @15 ypc WR. Palmer is improving.
                      A top TE, and/ or speedy WR would be nice additions

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

100+ catches, 1,000+ yards, 10.5 avg is useful on any offense. MW is a top @15 ypc WR. Palmer is improving.
                        A top TE, and/ or speedy WR would be nice additions
                        But Allen and MW were injured and we didn't have much as a result. At TE only Everett really helped on the
                        receiving end. Some help in the receiving department is needed. Not sure that's going to be 1st rounder, but
                        it should be on the table. I think we maybe making too much about speed. It's a factor but not necessarily the
                        most important aspect of a WR.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

[QUOTE=charger1_sj;n1466106]

But Allen and MW were injured and we didn't have much as a result. At TE only Everett really helped on the
                          receiving end. Some help in the receiving department is needed. Not sure that's going to be 1st rounder, but
                          it should be on the table. I think we maybe making too much about speed. It's a factor but not necessarily the
                          most important aspect of a WR. [
                          /QUOTE]

That's all I been saying.
                          Again Lamb runs a 4.5 and I've pointed out guys like Welker and Kupps 40 times which are in the 4.6's.
                          We just need the right type of WR to add to the group.

Kind of ironic that Cowboys fans want to add Keenan to their team while many here want to get rid of him.

Comment

Working...
                          X