2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Probably. To think he'll put up 1000 yards and 10 TDs is a long shot at best! We need young WR's now for Justin Herbert not 31 year olds at the end of their better day as his #1 WR! Its not to hard to grasp this, without explaining why we need young WR's! Just go over last season and our starting WR's and the season that just went down!
    There are several WRs that were productive at 30 and above .....several.
    You just have to do some research. Just to name a few, Moss, Welker, Owens, Galloway, Boldon and more.
    Being 30 on up isn't the same for everyone.

Keenan has been a lot better than Hopkins for example the last 2 seasons while Hopkins has been injured, and he is 30 as well and some here want to sign him. Really?

Ive no doubt Keenan can be on par from previous season for the next few years.

Who cares about last year's group.
    Had Keenan did his usual without the hammy injury, nobody would be saying a thing about it.
    And he didn't play bad, he was nails when healthy, he just had a strained hamstring that affects many players.

I'd extend him 2 years for cap reasons with an out for the last season.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-11-2023, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Yep.... There are countless articles online that prove this as a fact! A.J. was usually good at replacing players that were past their better days, so was the pats coach. So far TT has been clueless in this respect!

For all the fan boys and fan girls living in the past here's a link to enlighten you! IF you want to keep 31 year old Allen as our number 1 and relieve the nightmare that was last season fine keep rooting for Allen to eat up our cap so we can't bring in some young talent for Justin Herbert!

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2021/1...30-cooper-kupp

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

There are several WRs that were productive at 30 and above .....several.
        You just have to do some research. Just to name a few, Moss, Welker, Owens, Galloway, Boldon and more.
        Being 30 on up isn't the same for everyone.

Keenan has been a lot better than Hopkins for example the last 2 seasons while Hopkins has been injured, and he is 30 as well and some here want to sign him. Really?

Ive no doubt Keenan can be on par from previous season for the next few years.
        Hello, Justin Herbert deserves better than a 31 year old WR past his prime as his number 1, and a WR who's college back injury may be catching up to him while he's entering his prime! We need 2 young WR's with big upside potential on this roster next season other than bandy etc.! period. Forget about paying Allen as our #1 and depending on him to perform in that role, he needs to be released! Herbert will make a young fast average WR good, a good young WR great! just look at it like that, rather than Allen can still be productive in some games. The risk with Allen is too big at this point.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

WRs over 30 tend to have already peaked. It's the only reason why we may not restructure his contract. Years ago you may remember
          Jackson. He was 30. We released him. He had is best season by far the very next season with Atlanta. But after another year he declined,
          rapidly. We don't know when the decline will come, but father time wins every time. If it was up to me I'd restructure him for 3 more years,
          but I don't make those decisions. Allen is Herbert's favorite and safety net. He's our 3rd down guy. You don't give up a guy like that
          and replace him very easily.
          Yes but Vincent Jackson was also an alcoholic...if that's who you mean.
          That puts age and strain on your body. He was with the Bucs, not Atlanta. And he put up three 1000+ yards seasons with them.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Hello, Justin Herbert deserves better than a 31 year old WR past his prime as his number 1, and a WR who's college back injury may be catching up to him while he's entering his prime! We need 2 young WR's with big upside potential on this roster next season other than bandy etc.! period. Forget about paying Allen as our #1 and depending on him to perform in that role, he needs to be released! Herbert will make a young fast average WR good, a good young WR great! just look at it like that, rather than Allen can still be productive in some games. The risk with Allen is too big at this point.
            Hello.....He deserves a better OL, RB group,TE and reciever group. No WR we draft will be his #1 as a rookie.
            And what do you mean, other than Bandy? Bandy sux!
            Look for him to be cut if they resign him to the PS.

Comment

• lightsout42
              Hire a winning coach
              • Oct 2019
              • Send PM

I agree that they need to draft a WR in the first 2 rounds, but we have no answer to losing Keenan this year and he’s still a phenomenal player. The right answer is both: draft a high-end WR, and keep KA around another season or two.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Hello.....He deserves a better OL, RB group,TE and reciever group. No WR we draft will be his #1 as a rookie.
                And what do you mean, other than Bandy? Bandy sux!
                Look for him to be cut if they resign him to the PS.
                You left out coach, owner, defense….

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

I really like Slayer, but if they have to deal him to get out of cap hell, so be it...on the other hand, I DON'T like Bosa so much, but deal him anyways and get picks, then they'll REALLY get out of cap hell...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You left out coach, owner, defense….
                    On the bright side, at least Herbie now has a better OC than Lombo...
                    (hopefully)

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Yes but Vincent Jackson was also an alcoholic...if that's who you mean.
                      That puts age and strain on your body. He was with the Bucs, not Atlanta. And he put up three 1000+ yards seasons with them.
                      Correct the Bucs not the Falcons. He was 28 when we released him. He had one great year, then two more very good years.
                      At 32 years old he fell off the cliff. Not sure when he started his bad drinking habits. I would extend Allen for three more years.
                      That would put him at 34 years old. Some maybe you said 2 more year, so I'm ahead of the curve.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

So here is a better look at Hyatt not being wide open . Not much of a YAC guy having to juke defenders. But he can out run them if he has room.
                        This is a short video because he didnt do much against Georgia who has better defenders.
                        I'd still have interest if other WRs are gone before us.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-11-2023, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

So here is a better look at Hyatt not being wide open . Not much of a YAC guy having to juke defenders. But he can out run them if he has room.
                          This is a short video because he didnt do much against Georgia who has better defenders.
                          I'd still have interest if other WRs are gone before us.

Looks a lot like Slayer.

I think drafting late like we are, a couple top talents at their position will drop, happens every year. So my thing would be, am I gonna regret passing up on so-and-so when he blows up big time for some other playoff team? Usually, that’s not a trencher, sorry to say. It’s a skill guy, rookie of the year type game changer. We actually have a pretty dang good O I think even if we have to juggle some OL/add mid to late round picks. What we are short on is playmakers, another guy (or two…) who can give us six in one play, any given time. KC and Philly have those guys, that’s why they’re playing tomorrow. RB, WR have to be hard in the mix at 21 if, on balance, we want to be a threat in the playoffs nest season. Not gonna cry if the pick is OL or D, we need more top talent everywhere, but I’ll be watching the O skill guys we passed on closely, hoping we chose wisely.

Comment

Working...
                          X