2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah, some guys never get bigger. He is pretty skinny. Donnie Edwards was 227 and a good player but got drug for extra yards.

Littleton is 225 and not a thumper either, can't add the weight in his 7 seasons.
    Yeah, if we're looking for a run stopper... then maybe look elsewhere. But Woody was looking for off-ball, edge, coverage guy...
    If you're looking for a thumper, then Jack Campbell is the obvious choice. Doubt if he lasts until the 3rd round. May have issues in coverage.

Daiyan Henley is an interesting prospect.
    I wish they would have taken the kid out of San Marcos HS a few years back...

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Don't know if it really means anything but the story just broke TT and Brandon Staley are not being sent to the Combine! Could this mean the Chargers are drawing the line in the sand with both GM and HC saying this is going to be a different kind of season and both of you are on thin ice! Staley it seems from the outside looking in was front in center with drafting guys like Woods etc last season and TT always seems to blow 3, 4th, 5th round picks. The fact TT drafted McKitty with a 3rd round pick and the RB last season, to me are illustrations that both the guys are on thin ice this season because those were really bad picks so far, but I could be wrong. They need to really put up or go away this season if we can't improve upon last year! I don't know guys but Staley is going to be facing Payton and the KC coach 4 games next season! For sure its an up hill climb for both our GM and HC!

If we don't have a deep run in the playoffs next season I really hope Jim Harbaugh is made an offer he can't refuse because based on TT and Staley's results its really hard to go into next season thinking we are going to beat the Chiefs or Broncos, but again if both men get it together anything is possible! We need a great draft period !

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
        Don't know if it really means anything but the story just broke TT and Brandon Staley are not being sent to the Combine! Could this mean the Chargers are drawing the line in the sand with both GM and HC saying this is going to be a different kind of season and both of you are on thin ice! Staley it seems from the outside looking in was front in center with drafting guys like Woods etc last season and TT always seems to blow 3, 4th, 5th round picks. The fact TT drafted McKitty with a 3rd round pick and the RB last season, to me are illustrations that both the guys are on thin ice this season because those were really bad picks so far, but I could be wrong. They need to really put up or go away this season if we can't improve upon last year! I don't know guys but Staley is going to be facing Payton and the KC coach 4 games next season! For sure its an up hill climb for both our GM and HC!

If we don't have a deep run in the playoffs next season I really hope Jim Harbaugh is made an offer he can't refuse because based on TT and Staley's results its really hard to go into next season thinking we are going to beat the Chiefs or Broncos, but again if both men get it together anything is possible! We need a great draft period !
        Many teams are not sending coaches or GMs. They feel they have allntje game tape and the combine is recorded. So they send scouts.
        The only reason TT or Staley may want to be there is for interviews but their staff who they do send can do those things and report to them...or they can conduct virtual interviews i supposed .but didn't see that mentioned.

I just think the trend is changing and the pandemic had a hand in changing the process of it.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

There are other teams where the coach and GM are not attending as well. The store also doesn't say why they are not attending so the headline is kind of misleading.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

There are other teams where the coach and GM are not attending as well. The store also doesn't say why they are not attending so the headline is kind of misleading.
            Right. Packers coaching staff isn't attending either.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Right. Packers coaching staff isn't attending either.

That makes sense except for the interviews.

I think I'll follow their lead and stay home this year and watch on TV too. How about you Forest?
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Yep but its hard to imagine based on his personality Brandon Staley not wanting to be a at the combine, but for sure it could have been his choice to not go. I remember Staley last season at a certain DB's workout that he knew wouldn't be there when the Chargers drafted but still he was front and center at the workout.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Just saw a headline, Staley at the combine giving interviews?

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    Just saw a headline, Staley at the combine giving interviews?
                    LOL If true I knew that Brandon Staley would never agree to stay away from that if it were up to him, he probably took a red eye last minute! That's funny either way. I really hope he get's it together this next year with his new staff!

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Makes sense to spend more time in the office with Kellen Moore to work on the offense.
                      If I were in their shoes, I'd still choose to go and give the interviews myself in person.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

#52 Right Guard McClendon Curtis ​Chattanooga

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

Don't know about TT, but Staley is at the combine. Where did you hear that TT and Staley are not at the combine?

Comment

Working...
                          X