2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Good picks? Name one.
    2022: 2nd and 6th rounder for Khalil Mack: TT's ONLY decent trade or trade up
    2020: 2nd and 3rd rounders used to move up for K9: UGH
    2015: 1st, 4th and 5th rounders for Moaning Mel: Too much to give up: UGH
    2014: 2nd and 4th rounders for Jerry AttOUCHu: OUCH
    2013: 2nd and 4th rounders for Manti Teo: UGH

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not knocking him, I do like him, but had reservations before today.

He is testing well which was predicted but he does have short arms and is a bit undersized and wasn't all that productive for his draft status. Just still not convinced.

Will Anderson is taller, 15 lbs heavier, top 5 pick.

Just sayin,......Nick, Joey and Suggs ran a 4.8
      Micha Parsons arms are 31 1/2 similar weight & height, what exactly is your point? Both are dominant, unstoppable forces. If anything Nolan is even better in coverage and recognition. He was out of the spotlight because like Slater was recovering from a torn pec. Should be considered elite. Also off board before 21. Which leaves Zay, unless he runs a sub 4.3 lol

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So trading them or keeping them, he usually drafts poorly after round one. Cuz the list of drafted players in the lower rounds is even worse on the whole. No horse in this race, just want value, please, from our picks. Sucks what our record has been.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Oklahoma
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Official 4.39 239lbs. Will Anderson ran 4.60 you can have his 1” longer arms. Nolan Smith is a smarter, faster version of Derwin James, with just as much positional versatility.
          :troll:
          I'm wondering if Smith is the 1st edge or LB to ever run a sub 4.4???
          The versatility would be huge. Let him blitz and chase.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Micha Parsons arms are 31 1/2 similar weight & height, what exactly is your point? Both are dominant, unstoppable forces. If anything Nolan is even better in coverage and recognition. He was out of the spotlight because like Slater was recovering from a torn pec. Should be considered elite. Also off board before 21. Which leaves Zay, unless he runs a sub 4.3 lol
            I actually don't think he is on Parsons level.

I guess I'm just saying I'm not any more moved by his 40 time. That isn't a deciding factor for me.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

None of the trade ups so far have resulted in a second contract for the Chargers. Granted, Attaochu just was signed to the PS this last year - not sure he was ever active

His third and fourt round picks have been really bad: Perry from Ohio State lasted a few years, now doing work on the Big Ten Netwrok; sadly Max Tuerk passed away, Mager was a reach, Chris Watt never panned out, McKitty, Rumph, Kelley, Spiller are all to be determined

plus the trade ups cost draft picks of players in those middle rounds which are cheap contracts

I kind of hope he trades back and looks for just a bunch of solid doubles; not home runs

again, the chargers problems with their cap can be traced to the inability of telesco to identify players in the draft

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

TT's only real hits in round one were extremely obvious BPA's..... like BOSA, Herbert, James, Slater, Zion, MW is a good player when healthy but not top 10 player......and Gordon sucked becsuse he could not stay healthy or do the most important thing a RB needs to do which is to hang onto the ball....most of his others were head scratchers.....
                Great organizations build their depth and meat of roster in the middle rounds and TT's picks after first round, over the last decade have been worse than fans would have done..... atrocious!.....
                How many great players has TT drafted after the 1st round??...... KA, maybe Samuels?.... I see no others...... and great, I mean players that would be consistent pro bowl candidates,,,,,

TT's ONLY excuse that he should not be fired years ago is that maybe the Spanos kid was actually making the final decisions????..... TT cannot possibly be as horroible as he has looked...... which is worse than most of us would have done......
                Herbert wasn’t obvious to THIS TPB board, I was here and remember it vividly. so what does that tell us about TPB opinions about TT?

I’m not a huge TT fan, i think he’s perfectly average. 10 yrs is a lifetime to do anything and everything you need to do to build a winning organization if you are going to do it. He has proven by his result to be average, middle of the road, competent yet unexceptional manager. At best we can say maybe he has become a shade above average the last 2-3 yrs. Average is not winning football. Shade above average will get you to the first round of the playoffs every other year.

i hope his shade above average improves a couple shades more and he’s actually good this year.

:demonkid:
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Herbert wasn’t obvious to THIS TPB board, I was here and remember it vividly. so what does that tell us about TPB opinions about TT?

I’m not a huge TT fan, i think he’s perfectly average. 10 yrs is a lifetime to do anything and everything you need to do to build a winning organization if you are going to do it. He has proven by his result to be average, middle of the road, competent yet unexceptional manager. At best we can say maybe he has become a shade above average the last 2-3 yrs. Average is not winning football. Shade above average will get you to the first round of the playoffs every other year.

i hope his shade above average improves a couple shades more and he’s actually good this year.

:demonkid:
                  No, he wasn't.

I was blase about the pick....didn't hate it, didn't like it.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

A fun watch is the BFTB 1rst round podcast from the 2020 draft.

The sour faces from the panel when they drafted Herbert is priceless.

Its still up somewhere.

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Damn thats brutal.

Would like to see his trade-down history....oh wait lol

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

We didn't really lose ALL those picks. I mean we did give our 2nd and 4th for Teo for example but really it's only a 4th because we got a pick in return to move up to pick him.

So that's the trade plus we only gave up a 4th.
                        We traded 1st rounders for Gordon which is a wash, and gave up a 4th and 5th.

You make it look worse than it is.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                          Adetomiwa Adebawore ran a 4.49 40 at 6'2" 280, 37 1/2 vertical, 10 1/2 feet broad jump

Cody Mauch said that he was one of the two most difficult guys to block at the Senior Bowl.
                          The kid from Tennessee was really impressive too, what his name byron young(?), he ran 4.43 at 6’3” 251
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X