2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

I thought this Draft thread was about discussing prospects, the combine, needs, draft strategy, etc...

I get that hating on the ownership, or hating on the coaching staff, constantly living in the past and bemoaning our failures, is how some of you cope with not having a SB trophy...but do you have to do it in every single damn thread?

We are discussing the FUTURE here....not yesterday's box score.
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

One playoff in two years under Staley. Improved W-L record each year. Let's just keep plugging. Let the rest of the Div worry about us.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Absolutely I want to draft him....the 40 is a good tool, but you also have to consider so much more. Branch may not be straight line fast, but he has quicks. He is also a fast reacter, with good football IQ and instincts. He also has great coordination...watch him run the gauntlet drill...some of those 4.4 and change guys looked gangly/clumsy...Branch looked like a natural reciever, eyes quick to find the ball, catching with his hands... Also, every scouting report I have ever read says he doesn't miss the tackle...and from what I have seen, it's true.

Dont get me wrong...I appreciate great athleticism in prospects...but when you are already a great PLAYER, it's okay if you are an average ATHLETE.
        Branch also plays faster than he times. The fast guys dont always play fast. 40 times are great but to use that as an absolute measure is wrong. Branch is a nickel back, not an outside guy who can also play some safety.

Davonte Adams ran a 4.57 which is a bit slower than MW at 4.54

I'll have Branch in my cluster but there are others id rather have if available.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Branch also plays faster than he times. The fast guys dont always play fast. 40 times are great but to use that as an absolute measure is wrong. Branch is a nickel back, not an outside guy who can also play some safety.

Davonte Adams ran a 4.57 which is a bit slower than MW at 4.54

I'll have Branch in my cluster but there are others id rather have if available.
          Sorry, not sure who you are talking about - what is his first name please so I can research
          only branch i see is a DB from Bama

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

You just made the argument for me

AJ Smith == GOOD

Tommy Telesco (with John Boy) == BELOW AVERAGE

And its just not about winning the division. Its about putting a consistently competitive team together. Telesco and JOhn Boy have not done that
            We were 12-4 in 2018 with Rivers. Still didnt win the division. We are just cursed.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Sorry, not sure who you are talking about - what is his first name please so I can research
              only branch i see is a DB from Bama
              You got it, Brian Branch is who we were discussing.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

You got it, Brian Branch is who we were discussing.
                Thanks - I will look him up. At safety, as we saw last year with Woods - tackling is a big thing

Since a safety - I wonder if Staley looks at a guy like John Johnson III - just released by the Browns

again, dollars and does he make sense

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Thanks - I will look him up. At safety, as we saw last year with Woods - tackling is a big thing

Since a safety - I wonder if Staley looks at a guy like John Johnson III - just released by the Browns

again, dollars and does he make sense
                  He could but i just dont think we will sign any significant FAs as we dont have the money. Lets see what we do with cuts, restructures, extensions first though.

Branch is a nickleback but can play safety. Not sure they are looking at safety high though. Id hope Woods is making some big strides for his sophomore season.

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Fair enough. AND who was the Broncos QB before 2018? HOF'er PEYTON MANNING..... See how your argument starts to fall apart? Manning joined the Broncos in 2012. So your still dealing with future HOF'er Mahommes. And HOF'er sunsetting his career in Denver.

Now what?

image.png
                    We have a record breaking phenom QB who Id take over Mahomes! How many playoff wins has Mr. Herbert experienced in has career so far? Our GM and HC's have not been good to this point! Anything less than a playoff win season, its time to clean house! No excuses. The mismanagement of our CAP shows we may be in for a bumpy season because we can't really improve on key areas other than hoping we have some great draft picks. I guess you could say we sort of went all in last season with Mack, and JC, and we are paying the price this season with our CAP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

We have a record breaking phenom QB who Id take over Mahomes! How many playoff wins has Mr. Herbert experienced in has career so far? Our GM and HC's have not been good to this point! Anything less than a playoff win season, its time to clean house! No excuses. The mismanagement of our CAP shows we may be in for a bumpy season because we can't really improve on key areas other than hoping we have some great draft picks. I guess you could say we sort of went all in last season with Mack, and JC, and we are paying the price this season with our CAP!
                      I dont think there is a mismanagement of the cap. It will be fine and i for one am not worried about it.

Players get hurt, thats the reality. JC getting the injury he has was unfortunate.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

I dont think there is a mismanagement of the cap. It will be fine and i for one am not worried about it.

Players get hurt, thats the reality. JC getting the injury he has was unfortunate.
                        It's the worst signing we've had in twenty years. Not only was he incapable of playing from day one last year his contract will affect us this season as well. This guy spent Herbert's bonus money that we could have spent elsewhere. I had serious trepidation about signing this guy and it came out way worse than I expected.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                          One playoff in two years under Staley. Improved W-L record each year. Let's just keep plugging. Let the rest of the Div worry about us.
                          Each year we were a play away from another W first season, and another L second season. We’ve gotta do a lot more to convince me this is moving in any direction.

Comment

Working...
                          X