2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Staley likes to mix up his looks up front. Although drafted for gusD, Tillery was given many a chance to provide some inside rush. There are several draftable players who could replace potential cap casualty Morgan Fox IMV.
    But Tillery was a 3rd down guy (if that).....not worth a 1rst round pick.

Staley would have to do more than change looks on passing downs to accomodate Cancey: something he's not willing to do.

BTW, i would like the choice (particularly with Mahomes in your division), it just ain't happening.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think Pip is gone -- and based on where I think the numbers will be- I think that is fine.

That said, it does make RT more of a need to add to WR, Edge, TE and possibly RB
      is the draft that loaded in OTs that you can sit and grab someone in the 2nd, provided the first rounder you wanted is no longer there?

It may well force you to reach for someone at the bottom of your cluster in one of those rounds,
      or fall back on Storm Norton as plan B.

A very crappy plan B that they've been known to implement.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Pipkins has had one year of production after 3 years of nothing. I’m not sure another team would invest a lot of money in him right now. He’s still an unknown.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

is the draft that loaded in OTs that you can sit and grab someone in the 2nd, provided the first rounder you wanted is no longer there?

It may well force you to reach for someone at the bottom of your cluster in one of those rounds,

You have to think our pick will probably be either Darnell Wright or Anton Harrison to start at RT! If Bijan is there that may trump the pick but also Mayer could be in play because Notre Dame and TT are like a magnet! Either way we probably are drafting a player who will start at a position of need because of our cap situation. If we cut Mack we could draft an Edge rusher. A poster mentioned first round TE's don't usually pan out as all that and there seems to be a ring of truth to that!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

"Jamaree will start somewhere."

ORT ?

Lots of talent, flexibility and value at IOL.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              "Jamaree will start somewhere."

ORT ?

Lots of talent, flexibility and value at IOL.
              I heard they plan on probably moving him to OG if all goes well. If we somehow sign Pip than we could probably draft best player available, but if Mack is cut we need a new starting DE! Bresee blew out his knee which would make me a bit nervous with picking him but they could have him on their radar.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

I am all in on the Bryce Ford-Wheaton train after watching a little bit of tape. Still rated down deep on draft sites, around the 200th prospect, the kid looks like a diamond in the rough stud. 6ft 4 at 221 and ran a 4.38. Chatter says he has good hands and a smart head. I watched a highlight of him for 2023 and he made some incredible body adjustments to get the ball as his QB did him zero favors most of the time. He could be a 4th round steal come October through the playoffs.

Me likey a lot.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  Pipkins has had one year of production after 3 years of nothing. I’m not sure another team would invest a lot of money in him right now. He’s still an unknown.
                  That is very fair - which is why I am leery of the Chargers overpaying for the guy before he hits the market

Like with Mike Williams - I get there was a value and he got pretty much what the top WRs got 20m per

I just don't have a clue about Pip or Dru

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Storm is done here. They have seen enough. Farell played ahead of him last year when Pip was injured

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

On Pipkin, WE have invested three years in his development. How much sense does it make to become a talent farm to the rest of the NFL? That's what we are when we let players like him go and be successful for other teams. It's one thing if he doesn't fit the scheme it's annother if he is a fit but will have to pay market price to keep him. The cost to let him go might be cap savings up front but what if the next guy takes three years to reach his potential?
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                        On Pipkin, WE have invested three years in his development. How much sense does it make to become a talent farm to the rest of the NFL? That's what we are when we let players like him go and be successful for other teams. It's one thing if he doesn't fit the scheme it's annother if he is a fit but will have to pay market price to keep him. The cost to let him go might be cap savings up front but what if the next guy takes three years to reach his potential?
                        Happens to every team. The ones that are successful are able to keep picking up and developing players to replace the ones that leave.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Yeah the fact is to win in this league you have to draft well especially in the later depth rounds.If not you can end up in cap hell over paying other teams good draft picks.

Comment

Working...
                          X