2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Cardinals need to replace JJ Watt.... trade Joey for DeAndre Hopkins,
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• SAY OW 55
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

Well they have Bucky Brooks and I like him. I like his mock. Has us drafting Bijan Robinson. At running back. That’s who we need.

I hate trading Joey Bosa for Deandre Hopkins the edge is so important. Deandre Hopkins is a position we already have on lock. And are very strong at.

we have possession receivers who do what he does. Kennan Allen and Mike Williams. Joshua Palmer.

the steroid thing concerns me. He’s had injury. The Cardinals don’t want to take on money. They are trying to get out of Deandre Hopkins money.

I see Deandre Hopkins getting traded somewhere like the Patriots or the Chicago Bears.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
        Day One...
        • Mar 2019
        • Brentwood, 94513
        • Send PM

Please don’t trade Bosa after he got his core fixed and feels better than ever in awhile. He has an off-season to go harder than he has in a few years. He has all the motivation to be the best Bosa. His brother getting D MVP, is fuel enough.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          Trade Keenan for Deandre. Same draft class. Change of scenery would do em both good.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Trade Keenan for Deandre. Same draft class. Change of scenery would do em both good.
            Keenan and his slated salary cannot return in 2023. Chargers need to get younger, healthier, faster, and more inexpensive at WR1.

Comment

• SK21209
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2020
              • San Diego
              • Send PM

1. We absolutely should not trade Bosa

2. If we were going to trade Bosa, Hopkins is the last star receiver we should trade him for. He'll be 31 when next season starts and he's almost exclusively a little separation, contested catch guy at this point of his career. He's still a great receiver but not the archetype of receiver we need.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Khalil Mack was brought here to compliment Joey Bosa. Mike Williams was re-signed to compliment Keenan Allen.
                Those positions were strengthened (mack) and retained (Williams) in order to make a SB push (2022 and 2023).
                We have 1 more year to make that push. I believe all 4 will be here next year. Their contracts are structured as such. Why eat guaranteed money?

Identify which 2 you want to keep long-term... and restructure them. Some of that restructure money will be spread to 2024 and 2025.
                That will make re-signing Herbert (the #1 consideration moving into 2024) a little more difficult... depending on the structure of his new deal.

I predict the Chargers will extend Herbert.... but make his 2025 cap hit bigger than his 2024 cap hit. It gives them wiggle room.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Chargers don't need DBs this off-season. Vato earned his keep, Asante is a killer, and JT Woods, Ja-Sir Taylor, + Mark Webb are slated to be the young, up and comers.
                  Yes, the Chargers need EDGE depth but they also need to evaluate Kenneth Murray II and arrive at that same conclusion that I did: he is the most upgradable position - based upon grade and contract status - in the entire front seven.

What the Chargers do not have is a DT/NT like Dexter Lawrence.

Yah, but - against the VIKINGS . . . . I don't remember him doing anything against Kelce and the Eagles Oline.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                    Hell yes

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Draft Premier MLB would pay instant dividends. Love 49’ers Fred Warner and Dre Grennlaw, that’s required if serious about making noise in the playoffs.

There is one in this draft too, right around Charger draft slot.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                        42-Drew-Sanders.jpg

Drew Sanders - LB

Imagine this guy playing next to Drue Tranquill. Their play diagnosis between the two
                        would be really special.

Height 6′ 5″, Weight 234 lbs

This guy is a machine.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

This guy is a machine.
                          Let me describe a pressure over-load scheme for a designed blitz: Drew lines up behind Khalil Mack, just over the strong side tight end and the right tackle. On the snap, Mack bull rushes the right tackle while the tight end stays in to chip Mack. On a delay, Drew runs in Mack's wake and knifes out of the gap Mack has created, QB is sacked.

There is a play I watched where Sanders did this and it resulted in a sack. Play Drew next to Drue and dump Kenneth, generate some heat in the front seven.

Comment

Working...
                          X