2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Jeremiah now has Bijan at #3 overall ! That is definitely LT territory. Tell dmac it's cool.

Big bad Volunteer OT is now all the way up to at #17 overall per Jeremiah !

Stay tuned--here come the pro days.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

At some point you have to recognize that Bijan at 21 is a great value and would be hard to pass on.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        At some point you have to recognize that Bijan at 21 is a great value and would be hard to pass on.
        True but what are the odds he's still on the board at 21? this young man is VERY good. He should go much earlier than 21. I'm pretty much opposed to drafting a RB but if somehow, Bijan is available - get him.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• DennisR91
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2021
          • Send PM

Don’t forget just this year storm Norton almost edged out pipkins at rt. So they are almost the same level. We can trade storm for. A 3rd rounder for an rt needy team.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

True but what are the odds he's still on the board at 21? this young man is VERY good. He should go much earlier than 21. I'm pretty much opposed to drafting a RB but if somehow, Bijan is available - get him.
            I'm not opposed to grabbing a RB...I'm opposed to moving up and grabbing a RB. IF one of the top two is not there we should wait until the third round.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I think the bolded is true for a lot of TPB, cept me, still like WR at 21. Truly believe it's a new game and elite weapons are more valuable to elite qbs than elite Oline play. (Make that make sense)
              Your thought on Branch falling after his combine is how I feel about addison. I think he's devonte smith all over again and is simply the best overall wr talent in this draft.
              I feel like we have 5 starting Oline guys if we resign Pip which I'm in favor of so I'm looking for Oline depth only.
              unless a rare rare diamond fell to 21 like Paris Johnson perhaps.
              JSN is arguably the top WR in 2023 class. He has elite skill set, just doesn’t include straight line speed. Otherwise there is no WR in this group worth 21st pick stacked up against a legit draft board, including all positions.

Chargers missing speed, which you can address 2nd rd (Hyatt) or later. Priority, draft need and best player available will most certainly be a Corner or Edge, given depth of those groups. This year, for us mock draft addicts, suggest each round picks are clusters of our favorite prospects at each critical position.

First round best available BPA cluster

Edge/LB - Nolan Smith
              CB - Deonte Banks
              OT - Darnell Wright
              RB - Jahmyr Gibbs
              WR - Jaxon Smith-Njigba

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I’d give him one chance in three he’ll be available at 21. I see OTs, CBS, EDs and maybe a WR or 2 going from 10-20. At some point, rare talent overcomes positional value.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

JSN is arguably the top WR in 2023 class. He has elite skill set, just doesn’t include straight line speed. Otherwise there is no WR in this group worth 21st pick stacked up against a legit draft board, including all positions.

Chargers missing speed, which you can address 2nd rd (Hyatt) or later. Priority, draft need and best player available will most certainly be a Corner or Edge, given depth of those groups. This year, for us mock draft addicts, suggest each round picks are clusters of our favorite prospects at each critical position.

First round best available BPA cluster

Edge/LB - Nolan Smith
                  CB - Deonte Banks
                  OT - Darnell Wright
                  RB - Jahmyr Gibbs
                  WR - Jaxon Smith-Njigba
                  That’s a good and reasonable cluster.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I’d give him one chance in three he’ll be available at 21. I see OTs, CBS, EDs and maybe a WR or 2 going from 10-20. At some point, rare talent overcomes positional value.
                    20% chance Bjian will still be on the board, should be less but I'm hopeful

2 RB's will go in first this year, two elite talents, both can catch out of backfield (fill in WR void).

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I'm not opposed to grabbing a RB...I'm opposed to moving up and grabbing a RB. IF one of the top two is not there we should wait until the third round.
                      I am pretty much against trading up for any player based on how many needs the Chargers have plus with the cap moves today, Telesco should want more players on cost controlled contracts for the next four years. Plus if they trade up in the first round, thats a much higher cap figure. Moving up 10 picks would be worth 1.2m of cap space.

EDIT: 700k more - my mistake

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am pretty much against trading up for any player based on how many needs the Chargers have plus with the cap moves today, Telesco should want more players on cost controlled contracts for the next four years. Plus if they trade up in the first round, thats a much higher cap figure. Moving up 10 picks would be worth 1.2m of cap space.

EDIT: 700k more - my mistake
                        This...trading up would require a 1st and 2nd rounder and those two players would most likely be starters on our team. I would have less of a problem with giving up a 2nd and 3rd to move up for a player at the bottom of the first like we did with the linebacker we drafted (K9), so two late first round starters for us. Telesco sucks with picking third rounders.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DennisR91 View Post
                          Don’t forget just this year storm Norton almost edged out pipkins at rt. So they are almost the same level. We can trade storm for. A 3rd rounder for an rt needy team.
                          I'd demand a 3rd rounder, but accept a 4rth rounder for Storm.

Anyone on board?

Comment

Working...
                          X