2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Right, and when the skill players went out hurt, we had Bandy and Moore.

You know, I'm all for BPA at 21 , and in round 2 and 3, etc.

We can make an argument at nearly every position as to why a draft pick should be used there. Tranq is a FA and Murray hasn't been that good so LB is a big need.

Bosa is always hurt and Mack is 32 , Edge is a need. Without Keenan and MW our recievers lacked and we need team speed.

Ekeler said he would like somebody to share the load. RB is a need although yes I'm on the give Spiller a chance wagon.
    Kelly hasn't proved he can help carry a load, Rountree is cut material , Horvath......why do we need a FB? Did Dallas use a FB? Seriously, I don't know!

Everett is in his last year and the rest of the TEs are weak sauce. TE is a big need.

We can go on and on for what we need so sorry,....me I don't care if we resign Pip or draft a RT but I'm not sure we need a first round RT. And that first round RT isn't a sure thing to keep Herb from getting hurt.
    Was it Linsley or Zion whose guy hit Herbert in the ribs?
    Pip was pretty decent with a hurt knee. Sarell is the one who sucked ass out there.

You are a trench guy and pound form them every year and so is Formula 21 and there's nothing wrong with that but let's get some freaking playmakers on this team.
    Rack him
    quoted for damn truth!!

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

We can make an argument at nearly every position as to why a draft pick should be used there. Tranq is a FA and Murray hasn't been that good so LB is a big need.

Bosa is always hurt and Mack is 32 , Edge is a need. Without Keenan and MW our recievers lacked and we need team speed.

Ekeler said he would like somebody to share the load. RB is a need although yes I'm on the give Spiller a chance wagon.
      Kelly hasn't proved he can help carry a load, Rountree is cut material , Horvath......why do we need a FB? Did Dallas use a FB? Seriously, I don't know!

Everett is in his last year and the rest of the TEs are weak sauce. TE is a big need.

We can go on and on for what we need so sorry,....me I don't care if we resign Pip or draft a RT but I'm not sure we need a first round RT. And that first round RT isn't a sure thing to keep Herb from getting hurt.
      Pip was pretty decent with a hurt knee. Sarell is the one who sucked ass out there.

You are a trench guy and pound form them every year and so is Formula 21 and there's nothing wrong with that but let's get some freaking playmakers on this team.
      Quoted for truth. It's a solid effort but like you said boltnut is a trench guy. in fact, boltnut is like a crackhead for trench. give him 2 straight #1's and it's not enough. it'll never be enough for boltnut.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Boltnut has no regrets.
        He is committed.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          Boltnut has no regrets.
          He is committed.
          God love him for that.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Here are your playmakers, now go get that tackle to protect

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Quoted for truth. It's a solid effort but like you said boltnut is a trench guy. in fact, boltnut is like a crackhead for trench. give him 2 straight #1's and it's not enough. it'll never be enough for boltnut.
              As soon as we pass block better and run block better... it will be enough.
              I remember when LaDanian Tomlinson ran for 3.6 ypc.
              I remember when Drew Brees regressed and went 4-12.

Nutty knows...

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

[QUOTE=Boltjolt;n1473058]

You are a trench guy and pound form them every year and so is Formula 21 and there's nothing wrong with that but let's get some freaking playmakers on this team.[/QUOTE]

I want WR depth. I want LB. I want Edge depth. I want RB and TE depth.
                But we can get all of that outside the 1st round.
                The RB and WR classes are very deep. The TE class is pretty deep, too.
                CB and LB are positions I think we need starters... hence, I'd be looking in rounds 2 and 3.

We have playmakers... KA is the 2nd best position WR in the league. MW is top-5 contested catch WR in the league... and was tied for most 40+ catches in 2021.
                I don't think there is a RB with more total TD's the last 2 years than Ekeler.
                Wouldn't you like to see those guys do even better...?
                Nutty knows how...

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

And for the record... Last draft season (before we signed JCJ) my preference was CB Trent McDuffie.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

I say trade Bandy for a 4th.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

[QUOTE=Boltnut;n1473321]

You are a trench guy and pound form them every year and so is Formula 21 and there's nothing wrong with that but let's get some freaking playmakers on this team.[/QUOTE]

CB and LB are positions I think we need starters... hence, I'd be looking in rounds 2 and 3.

We have playmakers... KA is the 2nd best position WR in the league. MW is top-5 contested catch WR in the league... and was tied for most 40+ catches in 2021.
                      Nutty knows how...
                      I'd argue we can get any of them outside round 1 including a OT in round 2.....if we need one. I think BPA is the way to go in any of these positions.

LB you say we need a starter, a better starter anyways,....and I'd agree. The three best are in late round one to round 2 with 2 of them likely not making it to us in round 2.

We need a nickle back as of this moment. Branch would be the best get.....he is round 1.

I'm just not passing on Bijan if he makes it to us. Ekeler has said he wants someone to help share the load. What he has done is irrelevant to that. We need another to step up.
                      Keenan is awesome, not a playmaker type we are thinking of in this situation.

Need an edge to at least be better than Rumph has been or if one of Bosa and Mack get injured. Joey is almost a given these days.

TE is weak other than the guy in his last year of his contract.

I'm very skeptical of Woods, though I expect Imrovement, and kinda have concerns if Austin Johnson will be 100 % to start the season.

I'd like to see the TEAM get better.

BPA is my process.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        I say trade Bandy for a 4th.
                        The Rev Television GIF by USA Network

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

[QUOTE=Boltnut;n1473321]

Nutty knows how...
                          I consider Edge to be a trench position. So I’d love to take one.

I also recognize that we now have at least average trench players, and maybe over average, so I’m open to taking a playmaker. We’ve done our duty the last two years, it’s ok to have a little fun this year. But I’d still like to see 2-3 trench players drafted this year.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X