2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    You're spot on.
    I also think we used a bunch of short passes to avoid Herb getting hit, especially during that time period when he had pain in his ribs. We still need help with our OL.
    We need help in coaching the OL.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

from memory most of Herb presures came from Fieler and Zion.

Zion can improve, Fieler is ?
      Linsley was sick/ injured , missed games. Clapp was not as good. Salyer played well on his own, teamwork with Feiler was sketchy at times Zion was a rookie, Pipkins played most of the year lame when he wasn't out. Draft RT early, C/G depth later.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
        But how often was Herb pressured last season?This o line isn't as solid as we all want to believe.The line still needs improvement.Again both teams in the Superbowl had the 1st & 2nd best O lines in the whole league.Not a coincidence.
        They had a whole lot more than good OL’s. They weee also 1 and 2 in sacking the QB and had probably the 1 and 2 best QBs

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

you made my point for me, if you combine those men on the roster the result is greater than one joey bosa IMO…spread the wealth and improve depth as opposed to just paying top money to a handful of players and guess what? Team depth improves and you end up with better TEAM, not just a handful of stars with nothing behind them…that goes for derwin too…look at this roster on OTC and compare it to the chiefs, they have way more guys making kyzir white money and only 3 guys making over 20mil and they just let go of one of those 3 guys and didn’t tag another plus the year after they shipped hill’s ass outta town they won another superbowl…the chargers are built differently, they have like 5-6 guys over 20-30 mil and then a bunch of guys making a mil or less…Spanos likes to trot out stars he treats them like his personal trophies but the rest of the guys are just fucking chaff…
          No, I really don't think I did lol. Keeping Henry we are paying him 12+ mil a year. Jenkins over 9 mil year. How is that better than what we have now? Joey and Derwin were still going to get paid.

Comment

• electricgold
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

I could be wrong but every move we have made every player we drafted, every free agent we signed or coach we hired was only good enough to beat 1 team with a winning record last season and was not good enough to win one playoff game not even in the wild card round. This coming season we will be playing KC and Denver twice. Denver will have our OC of last season that a lot of people believe was the root cause of our losing. We shall see. If Denver sweeps us with Payton and our former OC it will prove the problem was really our HC. This coming season will answer a lot of questions and by season's end we'll know if we have to clean house and bring in a new HC and GM, or we'll know if we are a bonafide playoff team or not. There will be no in between.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

from memory most of Herb presures came from Fieler and Zion.

Zion can improve, Fieler is ?
              Feiler is the weak link. Got beat like a drum repeatedly. I think he's done. Let him go, helps with cap and helps our line. Plug in Salyer at LG and we should be good to go.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

3 first round Olinemen in 3 years?
                You'll be spending half of your cap on your qb and Oline in 5 years, if all works out.

It's not like they are shored up everywhere else.
                They have 2 edge players, getting up their in age, who most likely will not be here in 2025.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Feiler is the weak link. Got beat like a drum repeatedly. I think he's done. Let him go, helps with cap and helps our line. Plug in Salyer at LG and we should be good to go.
                  I'm not sold on Salyer at LG ..... he's never played there before in an actual game.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Everyone please STOP
                    No to Flowers
                    Please see above!!!
                    Nooooo!!!!
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Linsley was sick/ injured , missed games. Clapp was not as good. Salyer played well on his own, teamwork with Feiler was sketchy at times Zion was a rookie, Pipkins played most of the year lame when he wasn't out. Draft RT early, C/G depth later.
                      Must do a better job dominating line of scrimmage so Herbert can stay healthy and do his thing. Need to get bigger, stronger, faster.

Telesco needs some wins to keep his gig as GM and Pipkins is homegrown. Regardless feel stronger about grabbing elite edge still on the board 21. Wright, from Tennessee could still be there in 2nd or Mauch to shore up OL.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        https://www.reddit.com/r/Chargers/co...t=share_button

Everyone please STOP
                        No to Flowers
                        Please see above!!!
                        Nooooo!!!!
                        Lol....I disagree, but funny stuff...

I will say I have cooled off on WR in the first, though Im not totally against it...just think we get more impact and a better prospect at other positions...it boils down to whether we just want to add a vertical threat, which is possible on day 2...or whether we want someone in house to replace Keenan near future, who can also contribute right away...Addison, Njigba, Flowers might fit that bill...and they would require 21, or a trade up from our second...but unless Telesco is just popping smoke, he sounds like Keenan is gonna stay around awhile.

Edit: Just saw a blip about Slayer restructured...so no smoke...KA is gonna stick around a few more seasons..
                        Last edited by Lone Bolt; 03-09-2023, 07:45 AM.
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Lol....I disagree, but funny stuff...

I will say I have cooled off on WR in the first, though Im not totally against it...just think we get more impact and a better prospect at other positions...it boils down to whether we just want to add a vertical threat, which is possible on day 2...or whether we want someone in house to replace Keenan near future, who can also contribute right away...Addison, Njigba, Flowers might fit that bill...and they would require 21, or a trade up from our second...but unless Telesco is just popping smoke, he sounds like Keenan is gonna stay around awhile.
                          I think the bolded is true for a lot of TPB, cept me, still like WR at 21. Truly believe it's a new game and elite weapons are more valuable to elite qbs than elite Oline play. (Make that make sense)
                          Your thought on Branch falling after his combine is how I feel about addison. I think he's devonte smith all over again and is simply the best overall wr talent in this draft.
                          I feel like we have 5 starting Oline guys if we resign Pip which I'm in favor of so I'm looking for Oline depth only.
                          unless a rare rare diamond fell to 21 like Paris Johnson perhaps.
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X