2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OG619FrightninLightnin
    Let's do this!
    • Aug 2022
    • Raleigh N. Carolina
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The way he responded to that incident was troubling, real troubling, the guy was out of compliance and instead of just owning it he made it seem like folks were out to get him…some paranoid bullshit for sure and with a touch of “how dare you write about me fucking up” sounds like a real immature asshole to me…
    So you're saying he'll fit right in..?

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Hopefully a new OC will reinvent the wheel. Yet Staley needs to fix HIS defense, specifically run defense.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
        Hopefully a new OC will reinvent the wheel. Yet Staley needs to fix HIS defense, specifically run defense.
        The only way staley will fix his defense is if he hires a REAL defensive coordinator and fires himself as defensive playcaller, brian flores is out there, vic fangio is out there, there are other good ones out there but our defensive guru (fucking laughable) won’t be firing himself unfortunately…his chickenshit defense will cost this team again next year, I expect another bottom of the barrel run defense again in 2023…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

The way he responded to that incident was troubling, real troubling, the guy was out of compliance and instead of just owning it he made it seem like folks were out to get him…some paranoid bullshit for sure and with a touch of “how dare you write about me fucking up” sounds like a real immature asshole to me…
          On the bright side, if Mazi draws a penalty and throws his helmet down, Staley will no doubt meekly pick it up and hand it to him...

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

The only way staley will fix his defense is if he hires a REAL defensive coordinator and fires himself as defensive playcaller, brian flores is out there, vic fangio is out there, there are other good ones out there but our defensive guru (fucking laughable) won’t be firing himself unfortunately…his chickenshit defense will cost this team again next year, I expect another bottom of the barrel run defense again in 2023…
            Flores is a legitimate HC imo. He turned Miami around (well, on his way) before Tua got there. Probably first good HC from the BB tree.
            he also famously wanted Herbert over Tua so he knows how to evaluate the QB position.
            Idk what defensive scheme he runs but I'd love to see him here as assistant HC/DC.
            P1. Block Destruction
            P2. Shocking Effort
            P3. Ball Disruption
            P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

On the bright side, if Mazi draws a penalty and throws his helmet down, Staley will no doubt meekly pick it up and hand it to him...
              What a fucking clown, there is no way these players respect him, they might want him around because players fear change and turnover and it could mean many losing their jobs, but how can you respect a coach when you behave like that twice in the same fucking game, obviously joey does not…

2023 is going to go down as a senseless fucking wasted year in herbert’s career and you could make the case that the whole staley era will be seen like that as well…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

You believe there is nothing the players can do vs run without an Aaron Donald as long as Staley is HC/DC? LAR wasn't as good without Staley either.
                It's close to a lock the Chargers run D will be better with our players healthy, no other changes. It's also close to a lock that we'll add a DL and/or LB.
                Bottom run D is unlikely. It's a fair question to ask how much better.
                Not all top 10 or better scoring Ds (which is the goal) are top10 run Ds and not all top run Ds are top scoring Ds.
                We were 22nd vs scoring for the year. Totally unacceptable. We had some good games, more bad ones.
                That needs to flip.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

You believe there is nothing the players can do vs run without an Aaron Donald as long as Staley is HC/DC? LAR wasn't as good without Staley either.
                  It's close to a lock the Chargers run D will be better with our players healthy, no other changes. It's also close to a lock that we'll add a DL and/or LB.
                  Bottom run D is unlikely. It's a fair question to ask how much better.
                  Not all top 10 or better scoring Ds (which is the goal) are top10 run Ds and not all top run Ds are top scoring Ds.
                  We were 22nd vs scoring for the year. Totally unacceptable. We had some good games, more bad ones.
                  That needs to flip.
                  Siaki Ika + Noah Sewell pls.... NT + ILB
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

saw something where it looked like Luke Musgrave had the option to return to school up until the first week in Feb ??

if he goes back to school, and Kincaid is off the board early.... not sure TE remains on my list ??

might move Cooper Beebe up in priority....
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                      saw something where it looked like Luke Musgrave had the option to return to school up until the first week in Feb ??

if he goes back to school, and Kincaid is off the board early.... not sure TE remains on my list ??

might move Cooper Beebe up in priority....
                      Michael Ezeike, UCLA 6-5 252 has shined during nflpa practices this week. Might be someone to drill deeper down on? Not listed in pff so not unavailable in their mock simulators obviously, but gives you idea of depth of class...

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Lots of good players out there. I’m not going to get my hopes up.

I can just see the pick being so and so Guard from Central Michigan or Ogor Nose Tackle from North Dakota state.

but why get my hopes up for a Bijan Robinson or Jordan Addison or Flowers. If it does happen I’ll be surprised and jump like I’m Michael Jordan.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Siaki Ika + Noah Sewell pls.... NT + ILB
                          Drew Sanders + Tuli Tuipulotu

Comment

Working...
                          X